Poll

Which album is better in your opinion?

Bow Down
28 (38.9%)
Dogg Food
44 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Bow Down or Dogg Food  (Read 927 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Bow Down or Dogg Food
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
ice cube ALONE>>>tha whole dogg pound
Ain't that the truth.

Bow Down, The Gangsta The Killa and The Dope Deala and King of the Hill shit on anything off Dogg Food except for maybe New York New York.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 09:04:54 PM »
oooouwwwww oouwww ouwwwww

ding-de-deghn

both definitely classics tho

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 10:32:11 PM »
Dogg Food BY FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bow Down was a very timely album, and I truly appreciate Ice Cube for standing up for the West Coast, and that Source cover issue with him throwing up the dubb is classic.  "Bow Down" the title track was a classic song.  

...that being said, the Dogg Food album had "New York, New York".   And it is hard to beat "Bow Down" but "New York, New York" was an even bigger record in my opinion.

...the whole Dogg Food album from top to bottom is bangin, there is not one track you have to skip over.  It was Death Row in it's prime, Dre was even still hangin around in those days, and Snoop was all over the album; so you really can't fuck with that record.

And somebody above was saying they didn't like "Let's Play House" but I thought that was a great lead single for the album.  It had Nate Dogg, Michelle', great summertime joint (even though it came out in winter, it was still poppin for me when summer of 96 came around).
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Eddz

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 11:05:04 PM »
Both a personal classics but I'm going to say Dogg Food  ;)

doggfather

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 11:10:56 PM »
bow down easily  ;D ;D

WSCG is the one of best rap group off all time.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

gfunkgueroLA

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 11:24:49 PM »
Both albums are classic, but I gotta go with Dogg Food. What about "Reality" that shit right there is one of the hardest West Coast tracks production wise, lyric wise, and content. Plus is features Tray Deee and fuck Mobb Deep with the infamous, what does that gotta do with that shit ese!!! West Coast In Your Muthafucking mouth!!!!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 11:43:33 PM »
Both albums are classic, but I gotta go with Dogg Food. What about "Reality" that shit right there is one of the hardest West Coast tracks production wise, lyric wise, and content. Plus is features Tray Deee and fuck Mobb Deep with the infamous, what does that gotta do with that shit ese!!! West Coast In Your Muthafucking mouth!!!!

what did you mean by "Fuck Mobb Deep with the infamous"?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

bouli77

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 12:23:06 AM »
I'd say Dogg Food. More consistent, more versatile, longer. Bow Down is close though. Three Time Felons, that's my joint  8)

agree with gfunkgueroLA, Reality is easily one of the best Dogg Pound tracks ever. people often mention New York new York but I don't even think it's among the best tracks in Dogg Food. the beat is fire and Kurupt spits some savory lines and of course it's a classic due to the impact it had when it came out but Kurupt's verses were too damn long it damn near killed the dynamism of the track.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 12:37:43 AM »
for bow down to even be in discussion with dogg food considering it had what??

10 or 11 tracks compared to like 15 or 16 lol.

im not tryna sound like a hater but i seriously dislike dogg pounds music especially when that ONE album is all they had going for them. and that ONE album is overated as fuck just like how Jay z reasonable doubt is overated.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 12:45:43 AM »
BOTH ARE CLASSIC AND  I CAN STILL BUMP ANYDAY!!!!

but ive always been a HUGE DPG fan. so i got to go wit dogg food. tho im a Cube.WC fan also!

i got to go wit dogg food!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 12:55:18 AM »
Bow Down easily. Dogg Food is overrated. Decent album but it gets too much hype for capitalizing off of Doggystyle and The Chronic.

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 01:18:35 AM »
i like Cube, Mack & WC more than i do Daz & Kurupt, but Dogg Food is better overall

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 01:22:14 AM »

WTF nigga is u slow???

no sabes leer o que "ese"

i said is one of the hardest albums along with the ones i listed im not just gonna name random album.

like saying roy ayers and dennis rodman got something in common dumb azz nigga

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 02:15:49 AM »
Bow Down easily. Dogg Food is overrated. Decent album but it gets too much hype for capitalizing off of Doggystyle and The Chronic.
sure, but bow down is overrated too

dnjp4life

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 02:28:32 AM »
Dogg Food.  Better production and has more replay value for me.  Come to think of it, I really need to listen to Bow Down again, it's been a while...