Author Topic: adopting rappers as role models..  (Read 175 times)

DeaDSouLjaH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
adopting rappers as role models..
« on: January 16, 2003, 10:15:58 AM »
who all ave adopted rappers as role models.. can u say who and why ??

Awards:
Most Improved (January)
Emcee of the Month(February)
Battle Emcee of the Month(February)
Rhyme of the Month(February)

Record:17-8-1
[/color]

infinite59

Re:adopting rappers as role models..
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2003, 02:41:10 AM »
In jr. high Snoop was my role model during my 'how to be a player' phase.  Then in early highschool 2pac was my role model during my deppression phase.  Then the last year in a half of highschool Eminem was my role model during my phase where I was going completely crazy.  Fortunately, after highschool I found better things to admire and devote my energy to.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2003, 02:42:13 AM by Infinite Ibrahim Abdul Hamid »

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 09:18:27 AM »
Hip-hop is like a role model for me, if that makes any sense. But if I had to mention one particular figure it would be 2Pac, I just loved the way he spoke out about things, things that most people shun. He used his knowledge in life to teach the 'youth' through his music. Learning that he read alot, practically educated himself drove me to do the same and take advantage of my education and better my life. He just spoke alot of truth and that's inspiring in itself.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2003, 12:10:07 PM »
I never saw a rapper as a role model, waste of time

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 12:06:16 AM »
adopting rappers as role models..

Is a bad idea.  

The Watcher

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2003, 12:35:00 AM »
never really adopted a rapper as a role model, probably one of the smarter decisions of my life

through when Em came out with SSLP, I kind of fell into it a bit & related with a few of the songs "If I Had" being the most influencial, being a kid going through depression etc.. it was hard not to

army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2003, 12:41:27 AM »
Yeah, everybody can relate, though.  I can relate to charles manson, lol you know? There's something about everybody you can relate to... that's diff. than making them a role model, though.  I see that a lot, however, I see peeps thinking just because they RELATE to this one aspect of a rapper's life, or whatever they think that everything that rapper does or says represents what they themselves should do or say.  I've even seen people make religions based on rappers.  I mean, imagine that?  

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2003, 10:36:31 AM »
Yeah, everybody can relate, though.  I can relate to charles manson, lol you know? There's something about everybody you can relate to... that's diff. than making them a role model, though.  I see that a lot, however, I see peeps thinking just because they RELATE to this one aspect of a rapper's life, or whatever they think that everything that rapper does or says represents what they themselves should do or say.  I've even seen people make religions based on rappers.  I mean, imagine that?  

I see what your saying, but it is possible to feel inspired by what a rapper has done/said/achieved. I mean there's up and coming MC's here who will look up to other MC's that have achieved success, whether it be on the underground or mainstream, they will study how they came up, thats basically looking at them as role models, and I see nothing wrong with that. Or for the reasons I listed, I think in those particular things I mentioned 'Pac was a perfect role model, sure he did some shitty things in his life but we should be looking at the positive things first and foremost I feel.
To say that someone shouldn't adopt a rapper as a role model, that it's a 'bad idea' is stupid to me, not all rappers talk about negative aspects in life, there's conscious rappers out there, christian rappers etc. If you look at rappers like KRS etc you'll see that they do alot of positive things in their old neighbourhoods etc. Thats role model material right there.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2003, 02:46:06 PM »
2Pac
Ice Cube

Those two are my role models as well as Muhammad Ali and Bruce Lee. No one else really.

S.G.V.

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2003, 04:56:47 PM »
Business Wise my role models are

Master P
Suge Knight
Slim & Baby
Puffy
Russel Simmons
E-40
Too Short
Eazy E

they all started from zero and now are very succesful...

but i dont look up no rappers as life role models...most rappers are scumbags and i would never model myself after them....