Author Topic: Pace Won vs Eminem  (Read 614 times)

S.G.V.

Re:Pace Won vs Eminem
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2003, 05:07:33 PM »

I know you don't throw out props easily but c'mon, you have to agree that Em can do both, and do them well.
i personally have never been able to stand eminem for more than say one week...even his work with rawkus or the wake up show got on my nerves...its his voice...he can freestyle like a muthafucka...but his songs dont touch me...thats just me...i just cant get into his shit...i dont really take him serious...cuz 98% of his music is pure shock value...joking or not...i just cant see myself takin him serious...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2003, 06:20:02 PM »
but most the time they dont take the albums serious seeing as they dont care if it sells or not...

^^Dumbest thing I've ever read on WCC...

S.G.V.

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2003, 06:54:33 PM »

why is it dumb?...have u ever seen the Project Blowdians in concert?...half the time they dont know none of their lyrics...cuz they dont care about albums...theyd rather do shows...have u ever purchased an album from their shows?...alotta times theyre burned copies sold by the artist with scratched out names...lol...cuz to most underground artists theyd rather be doin a show than wastin their time makin an album nobody is gonna know about...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2003, 11:10:59 PM »

why is it dumb?...have u ever seen the Project Blowdians in concert?...half the time they dont know none of their lyrics...cuz they dont care about albums...theyd rather do shows...have u ever purchased an album from their shows?...alotta times theyre burned copies sold by the artist with scratched out names...lol...cuz to most underground artists theyd rather be doin a show than wastin their time makin an album nobody is gonna know about...

saying most underground artists dont care if their albums sell is very dumb...PeACe

S.G.V.

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2003, 01:04:45 PM »

saying most underground artists dont care if their albums sell is very dumb...PeACe
maybe internet rappers like urself dont care...but real true to life underground rappers really dont care if they go double platinum or double wood...when i met Irescience(Dilated Peoples) at Smokeout a few years back my brother hit him up about how much the Platform had sold...he said "i dont even check that bullshit..it dont even matter to me"....so uh mr shit...sccit..nik whatever u call urself...dont speak til u know whats poppin...n thats comin from someone u consider a back packer...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2003, 01:45:10 PM »
Truth is, artist don't make shit off sales. Artist get like 7 cents a recond, where is at shows, they make most the gate. My cousin does concerts, and he said that the artist always make there money, and if there's any left over, that's what the promoter makes. My cousin is legit too, he did concerts for acts like Ice Cube and Roger Troutman (r.i.p.) to Lighter Shade of Brown and Gat Band. Also, the way he tried to run his one time label, was like every other label, and basically screw over the artist. Like the artist get no money for CDs, they get some money, and some money off radio play, but if you think artist to need shows more than CDs, why they hell Eminem, the largest selling hip-hop artist today still does shows, 'cause that's were the money is. After Dre got his own label, he stop doing shows, because he was eating of Eminem and his other artist. They don't get shit, that man does, so why care how your album does for reals.

Jome

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2003, 04:37:07 PM »
Truth is, artist don't make shit off sales. Artist get like 7 cents a recond, where is at shows, they make most the gate. My cousin does concerts, and he said that the artist always make there money, and if there's any left over, that's what the promoter makes. My cousin is legit too, he did concerts for acts like Ice Cube and Roger Troutman (r.i.p.) to Lighter Shade of Brown and Gat Band. Also, the way he tried to run his one time label, was like every other label, and basically screw over the artist. Like the artist get no money for CDs, they get some money, and some money off radio play, but if you think artist to need shows more than CDs, why they hell Eminem, the largest selling hip-hop artist today still does shows, 'cause that's were the money is. After Dre got his own label, he stop doing shows, because he was eating of Eminem and his other artist. They don't get shit, that man does, so why care how your album does for reals.

Let's not forget that if you sign to a major, you get a signing-fee, and a amount of $$$ for doing X number of records.. depending on the contract.
It's not like those 7 cents or whatever is they're only payment.. and the more profiled artist you are, the bigger profit of the record-sales you will get.

Shows might be profitable, but it's ignorant to believe that artist only do shows for the sake of money.. many artists consider shows as the most fun/best thing with being famous, and besides shows generates fans.. which again helps you to sell more records..
Thinking that Eminem ONLY does shows to make more money is a little gullable.. I think he got enough cash for the rest of his life..

Underground rappers vs. "Signed with a major"-rappers -

I think 99.5% of underground rappers want to be in the position 2Pac, Biggie, Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem, Dr.Dre, Snoop Dogg or now 50 Cent is/was in.
Even if they say they don't care about sales - do we have to believe it??
Hell no..
What kinda artist are you really, if you rather would have 5,5 fans instead of several hundred thousands..??

Of course it's possible to make good money by making your own little business.. and set up shops in your own village..
But going major generally makes you more cash.. thereby the expression "major".

S.G.V.

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2003, 04:44:47 PM »
i know alot of underground rappers...some of my close homies are deep into the l.a. underground...they tell me themselves theyd rather do a show than a cd...all the effort and time and money u put into a cd is nothin like a show for an underground artist...its their time to shine...they are able to prove how dope they REALLY are...not to mention they make bank...