Author Topic: Sid speaks On Passage Of Time  (Read 73 times)

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
Sid speaks On Passage Of Time
« on: December 11, 2001, 12:10:40 PM »
sup people..i wrote this a while back, thougt i could share it with you...here it is: ...everything happens so fast!! As you appreciate one moment, its gone. Even as i write this...its like im catching up to the future. You blink your eyes and you are closer to "the end". When things move this fast, how can you possibly find time to enjoy your seconds? With every passing second you have less time to appreciate more moments. You include into the equation the fact that we have to live our lives, thus we never take enough time to appreciate our moments, circumstances and situations, and the conclusion is that: you miss out on life...you miss out onl God, actually. This whole thought was triggered on the bus when I was thinking about something that had happened when i was just a boy. I then started rewinding my thoughts to all those times i see elderly people taking peaceful strolls in the park as i watch in envy! People might question how i know they feel peaceful, and it's simply because i feel it just by looking at them. They say that you are at your most spiritual peak when you are in your 50's and over, and I now understand that its because....everything slows down!! You get closer to God because each moment stays there a bit longer...some moments more than others!! Your young, and you HAVE to "do" this or "be" that (you are told) so instead of enjoying the seconds, you look ahead and plan for the future, but, what about right now?? Most people get old and reminise about the "good ol' days" and that feels so good because its a form of slowing time down. Too many people who have rough childhoods remember it as fast as it happened...they rush the experience in their mind because they dont wish to remember it....but, imagine somebody showing you a picture for a second then taking it away, thre's nothing to appreciate....now imagine having that SAME picture being shown to you for a minute! You have time to observe it, analyze it, register it, appreciate it....learn from it!! In our case, slowing down how fast that picture is shown to you makes a big difference because, that picture is God!! It is love. peace, happiness, appreciation, satisfaction, understanding....it is God! Most of us are RUNNING across a line of pictures and never really seeing them... take a break and take time to appreciate what is in those pictures...dont run, walk!! In fact, dont even moven....every picure is the same, but in a different position. There was a time i was asking HOW i could learn to appreciate events that dont "go my way". I dont know exactly how this advice fits, but....SLOW DOWN!!! Everything has its time and its to my benifit to let that "time" come when its ready...until then, enjoy God!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

Sikotic™

Re: Sid speaks On Passage Of Time
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2001, 04:09:08 PM »
Preach it big sista.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE