Author Topic: "Yonkers" reminds me of how Eminem came out with "My Name Is" in 99...  (Read 983 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
lol eminem is the measuring stick for everything when it comes to this guy.

BiggBoogaBiff

lol eminem is the measuring stick for everything when it comes to this guy.

ima kill myself if the media starts playing it like that  :-[

GSmith

• Muthafuckin' OG
I can see how it might remind u of it.

MUHFUKKA

Appearantly everything makes you remenisce about the magical year of 1996 or the source issue with dre on the cover or Eminem back when he didnt suck.

96 is who I am.  That's me, 1996.  100%.   ...but this thread isn't about me or 1996

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I still don't get it. There is nowhere near the same hype for "Yonkers" lol.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
LMFAO @ duke saying i am 1996

thats some of the saddest shit i ever heard. its so sad it canceled itself out and became funny.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

thats some of the saddest shit i ever heard. its so sad it canceled itself out and became funny.

Your a simple-minded illiterate incapable of understanding personification.  So if out of ignorance, you must call it sad, the call it sad, pathetic, whatever the fuck you want... but I swear by the statement that "I Am 1996" and that's some shit I believe in wholeheartedly and will take to the grave with me!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 07:44:02 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Blood$

I'm a fan of Tyler but I really don't see him lasting too long honestly, no hate...

with that being said there is no Eminem comparison

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
but I swear by the statement that "I Am 1996" and that's some shit I believe in wholeheartedly and will take to the grave with me!

Just wondering, why 96 though?
I know cats who are all about 93-94 because loads of the top classics came out those years, but 96 wasn't that great in comparison.
Though it was the last pretty dope year before everything kind of went to shit.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

I know cats who are all about 93-94 because loads of the top classics came out those years, but 96 wasn't that great in comparison.

^^^ Exactly.  See you just said it.  93-94 were dope, and things kept building and building and then I see the Summer of 96 as the peek or climax.  Then 2pac is murdered and like you said "everything kind of went to shit".

That's what was happening in hip-hop and my own personal life was running parallel to all of that.   So you have in 96 the ying and the yang, the good and the bad, the rise and the fall.  So anything that has happened to me good or bad since then kind of relates back to 1996 for me.   In fact I experienced things in that year that were so over the top and deep that I am still only coming to fully realization years later.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Triple OG Rapsodie

maybe the reason you're a deadbeat is that you think your life should revolve around one year. Its not 96 homie. Time to grow up, go out into the world and realize its an entire different era. You can't live in the past. Think about the good and bad times you had every once in a while but don't make that your life.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Not even close 
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛

Your a simple-minded illiterate incapable of understanding personification.  So if out of ignorance, you must call it sad, the call it sad, pathetic, whatever the fuck you want... but I swear by the statement that "I Am 1996" and that's some shit I believe in wholeheartedly and will take to the grave with me!

you should like this one.

Your favorite posters favorite poster

^^^ Exactly.  See you just said it.  93-94 were dope, and things kept building and building and then I see the Summer of 96 as the peek or climax.  Then 2pac is murdered and like you said "everything kind of went to shit".

That's what was happening in hip-hop and my own personal life was running parallel to all of that.   So you have in 96 the ying and the yang, the good and the bad, the rise and the fall.  So anything that has happened to me good or bad since then kind of relates back to 1996 for me.   In fact I experienced things in that year that were so over the top and deep that I am still only coming to fully realization years later.

Nothing wrong with reminiscing about your favorite years past but to define yourself by a year is sad on so many levels.  No wonder your maturity is severely stunted.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
this kids like a gay hip hop uncle rico.