Author Topic: Official Maybach Music Group "Self Made Vol.1" Discussion Thread (Rick Ross Etc)  (Read 604 times)

Lunatic

If y'all don't know, Rick Ross has been making moves lately and signed 3 great artists to his Maybach Music Group imprint - Wale, Pill & Meek Mill. They're dropping a compilation album titled "Self Made Vol.1" which leaked yesterday.

1. Wale, Meek Mill, Pill, Rick Ross & Teedra Moses - Self Made
2. Meek Mill - Tupac Back (feat. Rick Ross)
3. Wale - 600 Benz (feat. Rick Ross & Jadakiss)
4. Pill - Pacman (feat. Rick Ross)
5. Wale, Meek Mill, Pill & Rick Ross - By Any Means
6. Wale, Meek Mill & Rick Ross - Fitted Cap (feat. J. Cole)
7. Pill, Wale & Teedra Moses - Rise (feat. CyHi Da Prynce & Curren$y)
8. Wale - That Way (feat. Rick Ross & Jeremih)
9. Meek Mill - Ima Boss (feat. Rick Ross)
10. Pill & Gunplay - Don't Let Me Go
11. Wale - Pandemonium (feat. Meek Mill & Rick Ross)
12. Wale - Play Your Part (feat. Meek Mill, Rick Ross & D.A. of Chester French)
13. Pill - Ridin' On 'Dat Pole
14. Pill, Meek Mill, Torch, Rick Ross & French Montana - Big Bank
15. Wale, Meek Mill & Teedra Moses - Running Rebels

I'm on track 11 and this album is actually VERY GOOD  8) I've enjoyed every track so far. These guys actually have good chemistry. It sounds like Ross was very strategic with who he signed because these guys sound great together.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Waiting for group-rip but it's been getting great feedback on the web. It's suppose to be a mix of bangers and chill music. Can't wait...

Lunatic

Waiting for group-rip but it's been getting great feedback on the web. It's suppose to be a mix of bangers and chill music. Can't wait...
Ya, just noticed this is only a 128 rip. And it's still jammin'  8)

Keep us posted on here when GR leaks

Blood$

I burned 320 rip for the whip and it sounds  :o

I haven't fully listened to everything yet but like Lunatic said, it jams

Lunatic

Where did u find a 320 rip?

Blood$

I found it at RRT late last night but I don't see it there anymore, only that Webrip which is 128 :(

Lunatic

I found it at RRT late last night but I don't see it there anymore, only that Webrip which is 128 :(
Yea cuz I use RRT too and I only see the webrip

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This shit is booty. Fuck the Police. Every time this nigga sells a record Eazy turns over in his grave. Luna you my boy but why you promote this corny dude?
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

BLUNTTYMECC

• 'G'
This shit is booty. Fuck the Police. Every time this nigga sells a record Eazy turns over in his grave. Luna you my boy but why you promote this corny dude?

why do you care what people are listening to? are you the fucking hip hop police or something? gtfo you fucking internet nerd

Lunatic

why do you care what people are listening to? are you the fucking hip hop police or something? gtfo you fucking internet nerd
I could care less about all that "street" shit. I only care about music and I think Rick Ross makes great music.

BLUNTTYMECC

• 'G'

I could care less about all that "street" shit. I only care about music and I think Rick Ross makes great music.
exactly ill bump whatever sounds good to me and i think this album is dope lex lugar makes some dope beats

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
gave the 128 a spin and sounds like one big clusterfuck of the same track...not feeling it but ultimately reserving judgement until proper rip is out.  expected more produciton like prefection and less luger.  they done killed the sound
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Portugoal

I check songs of Rick Ross every now and then when I see that a song gets a lot of positive feedback. It's not always bad (but sometimes it is), but it's far from great. Honestly, if you think Rick Ross makes great music you really need to expand your horizons. Nobody takes you seriously if you make rediculous statements like that and it seems like you actually mean it too. That's the worst part of it all.

Lunatic

I check songs of Rick Ross every now and then when I see that a song gets a lot of positive feedback. It's not always bad (but sometimes it is), but it's far from great. Honestly, if you think Rick Ross makes great music you really need to expand your horizons. Nobody takes you seriously if you make rediculous statements like that and it seems like you actually mean it too. That's the worst part of it all.
He's not Nas or anything. He makes very entertaining music. Stop taking everything so seriously.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:04:34 PM by Lunatic »

Blood$

1. Wale, Meek Mill, Pill, Rick Ross & Teedra Moses - Self Made - 4/5 - solid opener, everybody has a good verse and the beat is epic
2. Meek Mill - Tupac Back (feat. Rick Ross) - 4/5 - fuck the haters, this is a banger... I don't see anything wrong with paying homage
3. Wale - 600 Benz (feat. Rick Ross & Jadakiss) - 3.5/5 - Wale's delivery was a little ehh at times but he was decent, Jadakiss killed it, thumper for the whip
4. Pill - Pacman (feat. Rick Ross) - 4/5 - another banger, Pill's verses :o
5. Wale, Meek Mill, Pill & Rick Ross - By Any Means - 4/5 - this sounds sick in the ride, Meek had the best verse
6. Wale, Meek Mill & Rick Ross - Fitted Cap (feat. J. Cole) - 3/5 - Ross' hook gets a little monotonous but everybody else came through
7. Pill, Wale & Teedra Moses - Rise (feat. CyHi Da Prynce & Curren$y) - 4.5/5 - sounds like a Curren$y track because he outshined everybody on here, but the others came correct, definite highlight
8. Wale - That Way (feat. Rick Ross & Jeremih) - 3/5 - it's aiight, maybe a grower
9. Meek Mill - Ima Boss (feat. Rick Ross) - 4/5 - been out for like 6 months now but another banger, Meek murders this one
10. Pill & Gunplay - Don't Let Me Go - 4/5 - Pill was dope once again and even Gunplay surprised, nice hook and beat
11. Wale - Pandemonium (feat. Meek Mill & Rick Ross) - 4.5/5 - crazy beat, all verses were solid but Meek once again shined the most
12. Wale - Play Your Part (feat. Meek Mill, Rick Ross & D.A. of Chester French) - 4/5 - was on Ross' last mixtape, good song overall, has been making some noise over here
13. Pill - Ridin' On 'Dat Pole - 3/5 - not a bad song for what it is, can lay the pipe to a chick to this
14. Pill, Meek Mill, Torch, Rick Ross & French Montana - Big Bank - 3.5/5 - French's verse was meh, Torch was ok, Meek and Pill rode the beat well, Ross' hook is catchy, another banger for the car
15. Wale, Meek Mill & Teedra Moses - Running Rebels - 4/5 - nice closer

a mix of bangers and chill music

^ this pretty much sums it up... Meek Mill and Pill were my favorites on here and the production was top notch as expected considering Rick Ross put this together... the only thing that can be said about this is the subject matter does get repetitive

this will be in rotation for awhile  8)