Author Topic: DJ Quik helped make "In Da Club"?  (Read 2185 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: DJ Quik helped make "In Da Club"?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 02:30:53 AM »
No doubt in mind he was all up in those two jams. Sad to see how he doesnt get the credit he deserves on there.

Greed can do major damage to a man.  :-X

This mans contribution to music is fucking impressive.

8)

W
he said he helped, that could mean anything.

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 02:55:50 AM »
From his Hip Hop DX Interview:

I helped with [50 Cent’s] Get Rich or Die Tryin’ . I helped with [Eminem’s] Encore . I did little … I stood in on some [songs] – you know, when they needed me. And, when they had it all together I left. … You’ll feel me, I’m in that mix. You can [tell]. Some of the snares and kicks, and little tabs and shit, I had something to do with.

Mike Elizondo on In da Club

“Dre & I actually wrote the track six months before, but the artist we were working on at the time passed on it,” recalled Elizondo. “But we felt strongly about the track, so we stashed it away until we played it for 50 (Cent). He loved it, and he fiercely started writing the lyrics.

Mike Elizondo is credited as co producer as well as playing all the instruments on the song. Im guessing Dre programmed the drum loop using some of Quiks sounds

dnjp4life

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 04:32:01 AM »
Suge Knight helped with distribution.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 07:06:58 AM »
Dj Quik helped resurrect Jesus

Matty

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 07:45:29 AM »
From his Hip Hop DX Interview:

I helped with [50 Cent’s] Get Rich or Die Tryin’ . I helped with [Eminem’s] Encore . I did little … I stood in on some [songs] – you know, when they needed me. And, when they had it all together I left. … You’ll feel me, I’m in that mix. You can [tell]. Some of the snares and kicks, and little tabs and shit, I had something to do with.

Mike Elizondo on In da Club

“Dre & I actually wrote the track six months before, but the artist we were working on at the time passed on it,” recalled Elizondo. “But we felt strongly about the track, so we stashed it away until we played it for 50 (Cent). He loved it, and he fiercely started writing the lyrics.

Mike Elizondo is credited as co producer as well as playing all the instruments on the song. Im guessing Dre programmed the drum loop using some of Quiks sounds

i think it's more likely quik helped with the final mix, tweaking the drums or whatever. i can certainly hear more of his potential influence on 'if i can't' (he mentions this track in the vid) than on 'in da club'.

and remember when 50 was asked about quik (in a dubcnn interview i think)....'dj who?' :laugh:

macadomusic

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 09:31:40 AM »
He gave dre the drums for "in the club". I seen it on an interview a few weeks back. He said some to about them all bein in the studio one day (aftermath and co with whim) and everybody was vibin to the track and dre told everybody "quik gave me those drums" Whim said that was a very proud moment and will always respect Dre for that

Matty

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 09:51:48 AM »
He gave dre the drums for "in the club". I seen it on an interview a few weeks back. He said some to about them all bein in the studio one day (aftermath and co with whim) and everybody was vibin to the track and dre told everybody "quik gave me those drums" Whim said that was a very proud moment and will always respect Dre for that

cool, thanks 8)

got a link to that interview? and any idea which drums - claps or shuffling sound, etc?

Dome

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 11:09:56 AM »
crooked i announced the announcement for the song :laugh:

LOOOL

makaveliapostle

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 12:09:54 PM »
Dj Quik helped resurrect Jesus

...sonically, i wouldn't doubt it

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
Q
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 09:17:53 PM »
No doubt in mind he was all up in those two jams. Sad to see how he doesnt get the credit he deserves on there.

8)

W

We all know what "help" could mean. Listen to Dogg Food, Dre only "helped" mixing that record.

I'm also interested in knowing what Quik did on Doggfather. That album is hard as fuck.

W
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Q
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2011, 02:58:27 AM »

8)

W

We all know what "help" could mean. Listen to Dogg Food, Dre only "helped" mixing that record.

I'm also interested in knowing what Quik did on Doggfather. That album is hard as fuck.

W
no you don't you wasn't there.

if quik wrote music or mixed the song he would have been credited

Okka

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2011, 06:32:09 AM »

8)

W

W

It doesn't always go like that though.

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2011, 09:16:46 AM »
espicially when dre is involeved
"ain't nuthin' goin' on but the fuckin' publishing"
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 03:45:25 PM »

Greed can do major damage to a man.  :-X

8)

Doesn't work that way homeboy, musicians always go uncredited for shit they do on albums.

W

W

W

Doesn't work that way homeboy, musicians always go uncredited for shit they do on albums.

W
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 04:16:03 PM by BiG*WiCkEd »
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 03:59:02 PM »
thread read 1160 times :)
dj quik is very powerful, woooooo