Author Topic: Stossel: "Freeloaders"  (Read 333 times)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Stossel: "Freeloaders"
« on: May 21, 2011, 08:43:33 PM »

4 part John Stossel show on Freeloaders in America.  Talks about everyone from bums to corporations.  It gets interesting when he talks about indians, one of the most welfare supported groups in the country yet always the worst off.  Is there a lesson there?  You can be the judge.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Stossel: "Freeloaders"
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 12:47:20 PM »
Is this going to be another one of those videos, self righteous in decrying people that have any kind of benefits? I am not trying to be ignorant and will take a watch but man, why are you americans, after being slapped up side the head ready, willing and now open to taking another fucking? They can force austerity upon and suffer the consequences sure, but why are you people now calling out that benefits, medicare, medicaid should be stopped? Okay, i get the it's enslaving us, but don't you think you are calling for the enslavement of yourself? your social security, your taxes, if they aren't to pay for these things, then are you simply going to wave the white flag and accept pure wholesome theft?

Isnr't this kind of hypocrisy especailly true of asset traders? they dismiss those around them as being freeloaders and yet while they were being taxed zero, or near to it, the average worker was in effect subsidising them. Many of the unemployed lost their jobs because of the feeding frenzy of gambling, of short cuts, of sweet heart deals and of massive tax disaprities which existed and exist today probably even more so.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:37:08 PM by virtuoso »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 03:51:45 PM »
Is this going to be another one of those videos, self righteous in decrying people that have any kind of benefits? I am not trying to be ignorant and will take a watch but man, why are you americans, after being slapped up side the head ready, willing and now open to taking another fucking? They can force austerity upon and suffer the consequences sure, but why are you people now calling out that benefits, medicare, medicaid should be stopped? Okay, i get the it's enslaving us, but don't you think you are calling for the enslavement of yourself? your social security, your taxes, if they aren't to pay for these things, then are you simply going to wave the white flag and accept pure wholesome theft?

Isnr't this kind of hypocrisy especailly true of asset traders? they dismiss those around them as being freeloaders and yet while they were being taxed zero, or near to it, the average worker was in effect subsidising them. Many of the unemployed lost their jobs because of the feeding frenzy of gambling, of short cuts, of sweet heart deals and of massive tax disaprities which existed and exist today probably even more so.

So in your world govt benefits are the only thing stopping us from falling into depression?  Crazy and backwards imo.  That attitude will get us no where.  The "theft" is the bloodsucking programs that only get bigger and bigger.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 04:13:21 PM by Russell Bell »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
That isn't what I said, I said if you have paid into that for say 20 years, then why the hell would anyone in their right mind accept that they are not then entitled to it?

The wealth hasn't disappeared, this is the key point

When a country spends more on it's military than they do on it's social spending, i think it's something like ten times more, you know there is no moral compass there.

How about the tens of trillions which has been transferred?

A third of the world's wealth is held offshore, this is about trying to cut the throat of the poor and they will in turn respond and be toe to toe with the so called middle class, it's divide and rule yet again.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 04:22:26 PM by virtuoso »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 04:23:15 PM »
That isn't what I said, I said if you have paid into that for say 20 years, then why the hell would anyone in their right mind accept that they are not then entitled to it?

The wealth hasn't disappeared, this is the key point

Yes i get that, im saying the people supposedly paying so much into it are not the ones actually taking all of it out.  Its called wealth redistribution and its basically theft.  We need to get people off of govt assistance that dont really need it, and reserve it for the extreme circumstances.  We all pay into this labrynth of social entitlements because weve been programmed to think that theyre all necessary, well they arent necessary on the scale that we have them, and therefore are getting robbed.  Watch the video and let us know what you think.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 04:26:41 PM »

Fair enough, I will do

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 04:42:16 PM »