Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Talks Detox “Dr. Dre Has Wrong People In His Environment”  (Read 7335 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
first DOC comes out and says this and now Snoop, they are both right and seem bitter about it at the same time
so you think snoop & the d.o.c. should carry the album?
I disagree with most of you in here on this one.

I mean of course i just like y'all love the old click and would love for them to work closer with Dre for Detox. The thing is do you honestly think they would make that big of a difference now?

This ain't 1992 or 1999, it's 2011. The game has completely done a 180 and maybe Dre just doesn't have it anymore. I mean everybody says the same about Snoop, Dogg Pound and etc too so what makes you think they would elevate it so much?

I'm thinking it's more nostalgia than anything. If Dre decided to work in the lab with the old click and the album still bombed, would y'all blame them or would y'all just blame Dre? Cuz i that if he started working with them again and the album is the shit, everybody will give them the credit, but then if the album sucks everybody will say that it's Dre's fault.

The truth is that Dre just might not have it anymore and that is not something new or out of the ordinary. It happens to the best of them. He still has a huge legacy in Hip-Hop and will forever be remember as one of the greatest producers and i think we and he should leave it at that and maybe just scratch the whole Detox idea.
well i think he can't handle the way he's putting himself under pressure.
he seems kind of lost too.

i think he still has the talent to make a solid album, but he needs to believe in himself again.

BiggBoogaBiff

Have you ever heard a 50 Cent song? I mean GRODT was dope but he has always used the same 20 rhymes so how the fuck would he be able to write somethin mindblowing/extreme dope and fitting for Detox that we have not already heard? .

Dre's flow/delivery on Kush was kinda fresh and it wouldnt have been if 50 wrote it. It would be: Good/hood, chedda/better, gun/run, nympho/nympho etc. etc.

boring ass shit  ;D

"Get Rich or Die Trying" is 50 Cent's worst album.... I REPEAT "Get Rich or Die Trying" is 50 Cent's WORST album.  Everything after that album (and some before) was way better than anything off of "Get Rich or Die Trying".  Just becuz you're not a fan of 50 doesn't mean people think he's wack.  Sure he doesn't have that same aura about him as before but that's becuz everybody knows he's got money out tha ass from everywhere and his whole thing before the Vitamin Water deal was "Get rich or die trying...".  Everything about "Kush" was weak (do u have a problem with my opinion).  

"Tha Massacre" was too long, "Curtis" was a little long and didn't have the right singles other than "I Get Money", and "Before I Self Destruct" wasn't put together the right way (he should've saved some of those mixtape tracks and replaced them with some of the less fulfilling tracks).  But then at tha same time he STILL put out all of that GOOD music in the same year around the same time so TECHNICALLY his shit wasn't weak.  You're too caught up in the fan-outrage nostalgia of 50 Cent instead of just listening to the music and taking it for what it's worth and what it iz.

youre obviously too fond of 50 to see/hear what he really does on tracks. and lmfao @ GRODT as his worst album. No point in discussin anythin with you if you feel that way.

then dont talk to me. 

i'm not a fairwhether fan.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
you made some well researched and insightful points, you also made a few 'what the fuck is this nicca talmbout' points. i like your features list minus maybe richie rich and all the diva singers (again, wtf is all that shit?), but i see how you would like to hear some soulful classic vocals integrated, nothing wrong with that i guess if done sparingly.

it wasn't really research but i know wat u mean lol.  I was going with what works and what could be.  Alot of these young bitches can't sing (they still need ALOT of time to develop).  if u want some REAL DR DRE music that's concrete then go straight to the source that's all I'm saying.  Patti, Aretha, Eryka, shiiit dogg u kiddin' me... that's year-round bbq music for the next decade.  i like Grier, I think Skylar has a beautiful voice and maybe she could work somewhere as adlibs or background vocals but people are CRAVING that REAL MUSIC/REAL HIP HOP from Dre (and everybody else i guess lol) so he should take full advantage of his power and his circle/his league.  

Just imagine, since Dre's album is gonna be played/recorded in live instrumentation then why not have something that's organic, that's soulful, that's direct/straight to tha point, why not make "Detox" beautiful lol.  I always thought Dre and Eryka's people should've collaborated, but maybe "Next Lifetime".  When you hear Eryka's records they're so soulful and fresh and some of em even sound like Next Level G Funk.  

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/MKa-lUp6Fak" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/MKa-lUp6Fak</a>
just take the aura of this song (instrumental wise), embrace the soul, listen to it and bask it in......... now throw in Dr. Dre in the mix:
(i know Luda re-did this particular one not too long ago but i'm not saying Dre should remake this 1)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/RyRcSnhoQdw&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/RyRcSnhoQdw&amp;feature=related</a>
now if Dre or somebody got some Nate Dogg verse(s) laying around then MOST DEFINITELY this would be it, this would be that track.  Imagine 1 of those tracks from "G Funk Classics" over this smh...god!  Hell put the whole 213 on the track, you know the people would eat that up.  And if you added a T.I. feature to that track it it would even sound good if Dre's considering puttin dude on the album.

*i'm not saying anything like Remake these particular tracks ("Didn't Cha Know" would be hot tho), all i'm saying is feel the vibe, get tha vibe.

erykah does not need dre... wouldnt mesh...

leave the singin 2 the bitches he normally use...

dre is no dilla...

OG Snoopaveli

The only way I can see Detox living up to any hype is having Dre, D.O.C, Snoop, Warren G, Rage, RBX, Kurupt, Jewell, Soopafly and maybe even Daz, all locked away in a studio vibing for a few months.

nuff said!

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

you made some well researched and insightful points, you also made a few 'what the fuck is this nicca talmbout' points. i like your features list minus maybe richie rich and all the diva singers (again, wtf is all that shit?), but i see how you would like to hear some soulful classic vocals integrated, nothing wrong with that i guess if done sparingly.

it wasn't really research but i know wat u mean lol.  I was going with what works and what could be.  Alot of these young bitches can't sing (they still need ALOT of time to develop).  if u want some REAL DR DRE music that's concrete then go straight to the source that's all I'm saying.  Patti, Aretha, Eryka, shiiit dogg u kiddin' me... that's year-round bbq music for the next decade.  i like Grier, I think Skylar has a beautiful voice and maybe she could work somewhere as adlibs or background vocals but people are CRAVING that REAL MUSIC/REAL HIP HOP from Dre (and everybody else i guess lol) so he should take full advantage of his power and his circle/his league.  

Just imagine, since Dre's album is gonna be played/recorded in live instrumentation then why not have something that's organic, that's soulful, that's direct/straight to tha point, why not make "Detox" beautiful lol.  I always thought Dre and Eryka's people should've collaborated, but maybe "Next Lifetime".  When you hear Eryka's records they're so soulful and fresh and some of em even sound like Next Level G Funk.  

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/MKa-lUp6Fak" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/MKa-lUp6Fak</a>
just take the aura of this song (instrumental wise), embrace the soul, listen to it and bask it in......... now throw in Dr. Dre in the mix:
(i know Luda re-did this particular one not too long ago but i'm not saying Dre should remake this 1)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/RyRcSnhoQdw&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/RyRcSnhoQdw&amp;feature=related</a>
now if Dre or somebody got some Nate Dogg verse(s) laying around then MOST DEFINITELY this would be it, this would be that track.  Imagine 1 of those tracks from "G Funk Classics" over this smh...god!  Hell put the whole 213 on the track, you know the people would eat that up.  And if you added a T.I. feature to that track it it would even sound good if Dre's considering puttin dude on the album.

*i'm not saying anything like Remake these particular tracks ("Didn't Cha Know" would be hot tho), all i'm saying is feel the vibe, get tha vibe.

erykah does not need dre... wouldnt mesh...

leave the singin 2 the bitches he normally use...

dre is no dilla...

Erykah Badu would sound great on a Dre-beat
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 10:55:02 AM by Michael Madsen »

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
bag lady was better be4 they remixed it with xxplosive...

BiggBoogaBiff

bag lady was better be4 they remixed it with xxplosive...

in your opinion son.  i'd be willing to bet BOTH of my nuts that most people wouldn't agree that Eryka and Dre would be a bad mix.  You could even serve my nuts to a shark on a silver platter. 

dre and eryka know what they would be doing.  it's the vibe... 

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
ive only heard two versions of baglady both sampled from exxplosive or the issac hayes sample dre used for it.

the album version is better then the single version though.

Quadruple OG

Can wish for it all you want, but there's no chance in hell Dre and Daz ever work together.

Yeah, but i think they still cool though. I got a picture of them and Snoop, Nate Dogg and B-Real that was probably taken back in 2000 or somethin'.

but see that's what i'm sayin.  BOTH of them know that they need each other for this album, maybe not from top to bottom like "The Chronic" but I can't see Dre's album being OFFICIAL without Daz on it and Daz know he needs to be on "Detox" becuz "Detox" at this point is bigger than Dr. Dre, it's like literally the soul  of his generation.  Becuz after "Detox", it's pretty much completely all about everybody else who wasn't involved in Ruthless Records and Death Row Records.

I hope what you wrote was a joke. By this logic, "2001" wasn't an "official" Dr. Dre album because there wasn't anything from Daz? GTFOH. No offense to Daz, but everyone that listened to the album probably didn't notice or care that Daz was absent from that album.

Okka

Can wish for it all you want, but there's no chance in hell Dre and Daz ever work together.

Yeah, but i think they still cool though. I got a picture of them and Snoop, Nate Dogg and B-Real that was probably taken back in 2000 or somethin'.

but see that's what i'm sayin.  BOTH of them know that they need each other for this album, maybe not from top to bottom like "The Chronic" but I can't see Dre's album being OFFICIAL without Daz on it and Daz know he needs to be on "Detox" becuz "Detox" at this point is bigger than Dr. Dre, it's like literally the soul  of his generation.  Becuz after "Detox", it's pretty much completely all about everybody else who wasn't involved in Ruthless Records and Death Row Records.

I hope what you wrote was a joke. By this logic, "2001" wasn't an "official" Dr. Dre album because there wasn't anything from Daz? GTFOH. No offense to Daz, but everyone that listened to the album probably didn't notice or care that Daz was absent from that album.

It's a shame that Daz wasn't on "2001" though, i'm not sayin' that he was needed. Daz had one of his dopest verses on "The Chronic".

Quadruple OG

It's a shame that Daz wasn't on "2001" though, i'm not sayin' that he was needed. Daz had one of his dopest verses on "The Chronic".

Shame? Yes.
Was he sorely missed? Absolutely not.

If I were Dre and heard what Daz was saying, I'd have done the same thing and disassociate myself with him.

bouli77

are you talking about this picture okka :

if so, that aint b-real but johnny j, so i guess this pictures dates back from 95-96.

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
"The wrong people in his environment" = Label execs (Jimmy), current pop artists (Akon, Gaga), producers who have no business being near Detox (Swizz, Alex da Kid)

A very small part of my mind thinks what Dre is putting out is being controlled.  Not to get all conspiracy-theory on yall, but it seems like the current pop sound is a formulaic money maker for the music industry in general, and the industry will do what it can to keep that formula going to keep the cash coming in, EVEN if it means not releasing music that threatens the status quo. Twice already...TWICE...Dre has changed the game with an album that the mainstream crossed over to and made everyone switch up their style.  Problem is that style is not that easy to imitate and produce identical sales figures.  A game-changing Dre album in 2011 the way all his fans know he is capable of producing, that is capable of obliterating the musical landscape, would grab huge instant and long term sales.  HOWEVER, if you put something out that kills the current popular sound then it hurts the sales of those hundreds of already established artists, and in turn the labels themselves (i.e. how many hair-metal bands were there before Nirvana dropped Nevermind, and how many were left standing when the dust settled).  

Dre putting out a new sound can make millions for Interscope. But if the mainstream pubic crosses over to that sound and decides that the current crop is played out, then Interscope and the other labels will lose millions more because the new sound won't be as easy to replicate, and because the cost to produce better quality music will be much greater than what the popular stuff costs to make now.

I don't doubt that label is deciding what Detox will be.  Detox to them is now just a brand name that has been built up over a decade.  There is a reason behind everything.  Dre's recent output of subpar music doesn't necessarily mean he is making the choices of what we get to hear.....I'm just sayin.  

Okka

if so, that aint b-real but johnny j, so i guess this pictures dates back from 95-96.

Nah, that's B-Real. Here's a hiqh quality version of that picture, real rare.

http://i51.tinypic.com/okd06u.png

Quadruple OG

Nah, that's B-Real. Here's a hiqh quality version of that picture, real rare.

http://i51.tinypic.com/okd06u.png

From the look of that picture, I think it was taken before Dre left Death Row