Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Talks Detox “Dr. Dre Has Wrong People In His Environment”  (Read 7327 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
ive never seen so many dumb niggas try to play smart....free post.

Matty

so detox july or it could be a 4th quarter or 2012 release at this rate. unless jimmytox suddenly emerges, 4 inch biceps built to bang.

jeromechickenbone

Dre sold his bootyhole to the Jews a while back. They are the reason his shit is so wack these days. He literally sold his soul for riches, and in turn he is their little jiggaboo, bojangling anyhow they tell him. Dre has no choice how his music sounds, it's all dictated to him.

Matty

Dre sold his bootyhole to the Jews a while back. They are the reason his shit is so wack these days. He literally sold his soul for riches, and in turn he is their little jiggaboo, bojangling anyhow they tell him. Dre has no choice how his music sounds, it's all dictated to him.

MUST...APPEAR...MORE...COMFORTABLE

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:15:06 PM by ♛K1NG PETEY »

Matty

DETOX BABY....IT'S COMING

*PLOP SOUND*

THAT WASN'T SO HARD WAS IT DRE?

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Speaking of confidence I still think you're oversimplifying. I don't think Dre has such a strong position in Interscope. If this scrapped material was good but Dre had no confidence why the fuck Interscope didn't pushed him to put it out? It can;t be that hard since he is Interscope's employee. I think it's them who decide when they want to spend their money.... It must be really strange relationship if it look like this 10 years later.... Dre: Ok... i'm happy with my material. give me the money so i can put it out' or Interscope: 'it's a great time to make some money. we have the budged, your material is the bomb. We're putting it out". Dre: "no i don't want it. I don;t like my songs'. lol ;) Interscope is a corporation where all decisions are being taken by the board or something like that... not by one man who works for them. At the end of the day Interscope have the rights to every single song Dre has made while working for them. so if they heard the material and they thought it's good they could have put it out...

lmao this sounds stupid. What are they going to do, force Dre to hand over his masters and put their own version of his album out? That'd be incredibly stupid of them. One, they'd lose a huge asset by pissing off Dre and he'd just leave Interscope. He wouldn't be out there promoting the album, losing sales. And since Wideawake can't put out his Death Row material, I'm sure he has a similar thing in his current contract with Interscope.

If Interscope had that kind of power over Dre then we would have seen an album years ago. Aside from Em and 50, Detox has been the biggest thing going for Aftermath. If Jimmy is the money hungry Jew everyone makes him out to be, wouldn't he have made Dre finish the album? Obviously they treat Dre very well since he barely puts out anything at all and yet they keep Aftermath.

well... my point wasn't exactly about the power of Interscope over Dre. It was about supposed power of Dre over Interscope... About how people are oversymplifying things when they talk about the album release. I'm sure it's not like only Dre decides when he wants to put out an album... that was my point... that i doubt it's only Dre's fault we haven't seen Detox yet. and again before you call me stupid - I was saying this from the start - these are only my speculations. I'm not saying i'm right. I'm trying to discuss to know other's opinion and to get more knowledge. I'm not trying to act like i'm the smartest one.

You're right saying it would be stupid to put out album without Dre's permission. But i NEVER said they SHOULD do that. Again... my post was all about my doubts in Dre's power at Interscope... as far as i remember Dre has sold almost all his Aftermath rights to Interscope (i could be wrong tho)... so that basically means they rule him..at least on the paper....

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 01:35:07 AM by shoo »

Triple OG Rapsodie

Speaking of confidence I still think you're oversimplifying. I don't think Dre has such a strong position in Interscope. If this scrapped material was good but Dre had no confidence why the fuck Interscope didn't pushed him to put it out? It can;t be that hard since he is Interscope's employee. I think it's them who decide when they want to spend their money.... It must be really strange relationship if it look like this 10 years later.... Dre: Ok... i'm happy with my material. give me the money so i can put it out' or Interscope: 'it's a great time to make some money. we have the budged, your material is the bomb. We're putting it out". Dre: "no i don't want it. I don;t like my songs'. lol ;) Interscope is a corporation where all decisions are being taken by the board or something like that... not by one man who works for them. At the end of the day Interscope have the rights to every single song Dre has made while working for them. so if they heard the material and they thought it's good they could have put it out...

lmao this sounds stupid. What are they going to do, force Dre to hand over his masters and put their own version of his album out? That'd be incredibly stupid of them. One, they'd lose a huge asset by pissing off Dre and he'd just leave Interscope. He wouldn't be out there promoting the album, losing sales. And since Wideawake can't put out his Death Row material, I'm sure he has a similar thing in his current contract with Interscope.

If Interscope had that kind of power over Dre then we would have seen an album years ago. Aside from Em and 50, Detox has been the biggest thing going for Aftermath. If Jimmy is the money hungry Jew everyone makes him out to be, wouldn't he have made Dre finish the album? Obviously they treat Dre very well since he barely puts out anything at all and yet they keep Aftermath.

well... my point wasn't exactly about the power of Interscope over Dre. It was about supposed power of Dre over Interscope... About how people are oversymplifying things when they talk about the album release. I'm sure it's not like only Dre decides when he wants to put out an album... that was my point... that i doubt it's only Dre's fault we haven't seen Detox yet. and again before you call me stupid - I was saying this from the start - these are only my speculations. I'm not saying i'm right. I'm trying to discuss to know other's opinion and to get more knowledge. I'm not trying to act like i'm the smartest one.

You're right saying it would be stupid to put out album without Dre's permission. But i NEVER said they SHOULD do that. Again... my post was all about my doubts in Dre's power at Interscope... as far as i remember Dre has sold almost all his Aftermath rights to Interscope (i could be wrong tho)... so that basically means they rule him..at least on the paper....

Obviously Interscope wouldn't put out records they didn't believe in. That's probably why most of the artists Dre signed never released an album on Aftermath. But Detox is a cash cow that's damn near guaranteed. Aside from 50 and Em it's been the biggest thing going on at Aftermath for the past 10 years. Surely they want the album to come out. I don't think you can blame the delay on anyone but Dre.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Each year Dre gets older and so do his fans.  The people that have the extra dough to buy music are 13-21, and I don't think any of them give a fuck who Dre is.  If it ain't Drake, Weezy, Em, Soulja, that's it!
based on what?
Mmm when I was in school I believe that was the stat.  13-21 (cuz they live at home) in North-America have the most income to dispose.  The argument was why has record sales gone down the shitter?  Is the money run out?
Hell no, it's because people can download music for free and spend their money on other shit.  I believe cell phones and ringtones were at the top of the list in which the youngins were spending that dough.  The $$ didn't just evaporate, it went somewhere else. 
really?
if that's true, then a lot of 21+ people are getting raped financially :P

I don't follow you ....

Disposable income is how much you earn to how much you dispose on stuff like cds
i know what it means, i'm just surprised.
Look I'm not trying to get into economics 101 this is a Dre thread ... my bad ... but all I'm saying is the people that make or USED to make albums go 5 x platinum are not Dre fans: their Drake fans.  Ya the older ones will cop it but we're not the category that makes it sell millions ... that's it!  Jimmy must know that, I think he's pushing it ... Dre is just what, insecure????   :-[  Who knows.  I doubt Dre has had the "wrong people" in his environment for the 10+ years of Detox in the making.

I think Jimmy is trying his hardest to get it out as soon as possible.  Wasn't he the one to introduce the dre/jay-z single in Dres ipod at the Boston Redsox Stadium?  Jimmy knows the clock is ticking.
nah it's not your fault, i asked you a question so i started it :laugh:

anyway, yeah jimmy was excited about under pressure.

note, i said mainly. im sure he has obligations with his label too & private things.

i think you're right about the aftermath shares, but i believe he still has some control over his own projects.

Matty

jimmy said dre had these 2 new songs that were 'incredible'. and that he's on a roll and 'hittin 'em out the park'. presumably he meant Kush and INAD. really incredible.

dre also said 'y'all niggas gon' love this shit' but who knows what he was talking about. gotta presume it's other stuff that may one day be released.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 08:46:26 AM by Matty »

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
jimmy said dre had these 2 new songs that were 'incredible'. and that he's on a roll and 'hittin 'em out the park'. presumably he meant Kush and INAD. really incredible.

dre also said 'y'all niggas gon' love this shit' but who knows what he was talking about. gotta presume it's other stuff that may one day be released.

When did they say this? Recently or..? If so can you please gives a link to the quotes.

Matty

When did they say this? Recently or..? If so can you please gives a link to the quotes.

there's a thread with the dre quote somewhere, backstage after he performed with eminem. the stuff jimmy was saying at the time jimmy/dre were doing a few joint interview spots with the baseball thing etc, so a long time ago. the 2 songs will be the ones that were released, perhaps under pressure? don't have a link handy...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

there's a thread with the dre quote somewhere, backstage after he performed with eminem. the stuff jimmy was saying at the time jimmy/dre were doing a few joint interview spots with the baseball thing etc, so a long time ago. the 2 songs will be the ones that were released, perhaps under pressure? don't have a link handy...
i'm quite sure jimmy said the single with jay z.

the interviews are a year old

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG
So that actually convinces me what I was thinking. Based on the last interviews from The D.O.C., Sir Jinxx, Sam Sneed & Bud'da, & now this Snoop vid, I honestly think what Snoop's saying is the truth.
Despites Snoop last albums were not that good lol

Dre's last leaks were IMO wack becuz it seems he dont want to fuck with old friends & artists, he's trying to work out a new formula which obviously doesn't seem to "boping heads".

He's free to do the fuck he wants though

Stan

I think at this point Dre has become delusional regarding the album.  A new type of phobia has been invented!  Seriously think about the facts
- Recording for 10 years +
- 1,000s of songs to choose from
- Supposed to be released every year and we fall for it like suckas
I think if he hasn't gotten it yet then he'll never get it.  The more songs he records, the harder it gets to choose from.  I think the more they record the worse at this stage ... Too much pressure!  Sometimes you can have too much choice.