Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Talks Detox “Dr. Dre Has Wrong People In His Environment”  (Read 7387 times)

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
fuck dre, jimmy and em three closet fags

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
no matter how many post be written i really doubt if Dre himself gives a fuck. He's probably more of a businessman than musician who cares about his fans so as long as the formula makes $$$ for him then he's cool with that. He has just put out his second best charting single in his whole solo career so i guess he's happy about that and wants to follow INAD route. sad but probably true. He don't give a fuck about you, you and you. Money are his beloved and true fanbase...

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
fuck detox

Az

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I'm sure they've been around each other. But no way is dre going to offer daz the opportunity to work with him again. Which is weird cuz he forgave doc, rbx, and a few other people that shitted on him

But they weren't going on for years calling Dr. Dre a fraud behind the boards. Daz had been dissing Dre as far back as '96.

no he hasn't.  last time i ever heard Daz talk about Dre like that was 2000/2002 (i think).  Daz ain't been worried about Dre.  Sure he's claimed his fame to "The Chronic" but so has everybody else and so is everybody now with "Detox".  

I'm tellin' u; without Daz/Tha Dogg Pound there is no REAL "Detox" (it's like "Starwars" without R2-D2 and C3Po).  There's just certain elements that this album has to have in order for it to be wat it's "supposed to be".  Ain't no1 sayin put tha nigga on the lead single but if/when that collaboration goes down it'll be like the "missing piece".  

"Detox" is more than just an album, it's an event!

I'm sorry but that's a rather ridiculous statement. What can Daz bring to the table that's worthy of being on Detox? Pretty much nothing. He's a hypocrite when it came to what he had to say about Dre because Daz uses numerous co-producers that probably do a bulk of the work. And when he doesn't use them his music sucks. Soopafly, Mike Dean, Ivan Johnson are what made Daz's productions dope. Not Daz himself. I'm a Daz fan and always will be, but on the real he doesn't belong on Detox.

I'll tell you what Daz can bring.... A vibe. A vibe from a group that mesh well together and will push Dre to the levels he needs to be; not like his current group of YES men who seem to slop his top after hearing the 100th generic piano beat/forced chorus tracsk he's been producing for the last 6-7 years.

Just like everyone says Dre brings out the best in Snoop... they bring out the best in Dre, the facts don't lie. Listen to Doggystyle, NWA albums, Both chronics, Doggfood and No-One Can Do It better, there's a vibe in those albums between them guys you can feel and that's what's missing.

No-one can blame Interscope for the detox saga because all they want is sales at the endve the day and they dont give a fuck how they get them. And if the current leaks were good enough then it'd be out by now.

Portugoal

Just like everyone says Dre brings out the best in Snoop... they bring out the best in Dre, the facts don't lie. Listen to Doggystyle, NWA albums, Both chronics, Doggfood and No-One Can Do It better, there's a vibe in those albums between them guys you can feel and that's what's missing.

I agree. Snoop shined on the NWA albums.

doggfather

I agree. Snoop shined on the NWA albums.

;D ;D ;D ;D
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
no matter how many post be written i really doubt if Dre himself gives a fuck. He's probably more of a businessman than musician who cares about his fans so as long as the formula makes $$$ for him then he's cool with that. He has just put out his second best charting single in his whole solo career so i guess he's happy about that and wants to follow INAD route. sad but probably true. He don't give a fuck about you, you and you. Money are his beloved and true fanbase...
it's not that simple.

i mean if what you said is true, then why aren't there multiple parts of Detox out? that's how he could have exploited it. i bet the several recording sessions were expensive.
not saying he doesn't care about money, but i think he cares more about succeeding with Detox.

I'll tell you what Daz can bring.... A vibe. A vibe from a group that mesh well together and will push Dre to the levels he needs to be; not like his current group of YES men who seem to slop his top after hearing the 100th generic piano beat/forced chorus tracsk he's been producing for the last 6-7 years.

No-one can blame Interscope for the detox saga because all they want is sales at the endve the day and they dont give a fuck how they get them. And if the current leaks were good enough then it'd be out by now.
and daz doesn't belong to the yes men? come on.

your instrumental argument doesn't make sense either, Snoop is rapping over those 'generic' piano beats, he even begged to use the one from Imagine for his album.

anyway, isn't it obvious that dre is mainly responsible for the delays of Detox?

Quadruple OG

I'm sure they've been around each other. But no way is dre going to offer daz the opportunity to work with him again. Which is weird cuz he forgave doc, rbx, and a few other people that shitted on him

But they weren't going on for years calling Dr. Dre a fraud behind the boards. Daz had been dissing Dre as far back as '96.

no he hasn't.  last time i ever heard Daz talk about Dre like that was 2000/2002 (i think).  Daz ain't been worried about Dre.  Sure he's claimed his fame to "The Chronic" but so has everybody else and so is everybody now with "Detox".  

I'm tellin' u; without Daz/Tha Dogg Pound there is no REAL "Detox" (it's like "Starwars" without R2-D2 and C3Po).  There's just certain elements that this album has to have in order for it to be wat it's "supposed to be".  Ain't no1 sayin put tha nigga on the lead single but if/when that collaboration goes down it'll be like the "missing piece".  

"Detox" is more than just an album, it's an event!

I'm sorry but that's a rather ridiculous statement. What can Daz bring to the table that's worthy of being on Detox? Pretty much nothing. He's a hypocrite when it came to what he had to say about Dre because Daz uses numerous co-producers that probably do a bulk of the work. And when he doesn't use them his music sucks. Soopafly, Mike Dean, Ivan Johnson are what made Daz's productions dope. Not Daz himself. I'm a Daz fan and always will be, but on the real he doesn't belong on Detox.

Daz can bring a vibe but the FACT THAT CANNOT BE ARGUED is 2001 was a critical and commercial success and Daz had Zero vibe/influence on the album.

Daz doesn't need Dre to make a good album, and Dre doesn't need Daz to make a good album.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
it's not that simple.

i mean if what you said is true, then why aren't there multiple parts of Detox out? that's how he could have exploited it. i bet the several recording sessions were expensive.
not saying he doesn't care about money, but i think he cares more about succeeding with Detox.

THIS is not that simple. Music business is still a business. Every time you put out album you take a risk. You need to put massive money and then hope for an income. Every single major release needs business plan... Surely Interscope business plan wasn't aimed at Detox back in the days when Dre was still top-notch producer (that's why we havent seen detox not only as a multiple album but even as a one album). 50 and Game were making money for Interscope so there was no need to risk with Detox. I guess recently they faced fact that this is probably last chance for them (and Dre) to put out well-selling record (and as far as i know they need to do that due to the record deal). They know Eminem's last success may be very helpful.... it's still my speculations tho but it makes more sense to me than saying Dre didn't release Detox because he lost his confidence. It's oversimplification. It's like trying to understand worldwide businessman problems from a stay-at-home man's perspective lol...

anyway, isn't it obvious that dre is mainly responsible for the delays of Detox?

of course it's not obvious

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 10:05:04 AM by shoo »

Stan

I don't know man I think at this point they need to get it out this year OR can it.  Scrap it, leave it, don't talk about it again ...

They have been doing this shit for too long, I mean they gave Dre the cover of XXL (how many times?), the Grammys, two videos, the Pacquiao hype-up promo, etc.  What else can they do?  All this momentum will be lost very soon, if it hasn't already.  If they give us another teaser and it still doesn't come out I think I'm gonna call it quits on this.  

How far can you lead people on?  This really reminds me of the G&R tragedy where they had the hype then released the album 10 years too late ...

Whos with me ?  

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I think snoop is starting to sound like the new west did when Snoop & Cube were not fucking with them.  HYPOCRITE? Me thinks so. 

Dre's got a good team of MCs around him, as in consistently working for him,

Stat Quo
Earl Hayes
Slim The Mobster
Eminem
Sly
The Game

Plus he's got the regular rotating cast of characters,

Kendrick Lamar
Busta Rhymes
Raekwon

Then when 50 is called to do work he'll put it in and not to mention all the material Bishop Lamont recorded for Dre. 

Snoop is sounding just like Bishop or Crooked or whomever was bitching about the behind-the-scenes politricks snoop & cube were pulling years back
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
it's not that simple.

THIS is not that simple. Music business is still a business. Every time you put out album you take a risk. You need to put massive money and then hope for an income. Every single major release needs business plan... Surely Interscope business plan wasn't aimed at Detox back in the days when Dre was still top-notch producer (that's why we havent seen detox not only as a multiple album but even as a one album). 50 and Game were making money for Interscope so there was no need to risk with Detox. I guess recently they faced fact that this is probably last chance for them (and Dre) to put out well-selling record (and as far as i know they need to do that due to the record deal). They know Eminem's last success may be very helpful.... it's still my speculations tho but it makes more sense to me than saying Dre didn't release Detox because he lost his confidence. It's oversimplification. It's like trying to understand worldwide businessman problems from a stay-at-home man's perspective lol...
how do you know they didn't have a business plan? did you visit any meetings?

anyway, the confidence thing came from a friend of dre ( eminem). plus other witnesses said dre tried several directions for Detox over the years & started over. you don't do that if you're confident.

of course it's not obvious

it is to me. if dre says he's ready & interscope is happy with the material, then i'm sure they will put it out asap.

I don't know man I think at this point they need to get it out this year OR can it.  Scrap it, leave it, don't talk about it again ...

They have been doing this shit for too long, I mean they gave Dre the cover of XXL (how many times?), the Grammys, two videos, the Pacquiao hype-up promo, etc.  What else can they do?  All this momentum will be lost very soon, if it hasn't already.  If they give us another teaser and it still doesn't come out I think I'm gonna call it quits on this. 

How far can you lead people on?  This really reminds me of the G&R tragedy where they had the hype then released the album 10 years too late ...

Whos with me ? 
you're right that timing is important. how well is the single with eminem doing anyway?

not sure about scrapping, but i'd like to hear to full version of Die hard

gfunkgueroLA

• 'G'
Bottom line Dre is looking more and more like a little bitch with all this attention he likes to acquire... Snoop said what needed to be said and thats that... Yeah the people around Dre are whatever except for Game, Kendrick Lamar, and Eminem...the rest of those cats are average...DPG,DOC, Kokane Kurupt need to be in the lab to make this album better than 2001...fuck all that hype that Dre likes to pull off thats some lame shit... The Real West Coast stand up!!!!lol

Triple OG Rapsodie

lol who are these "wrong people" in his environment?

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
it's not that simple.

how do you know they didn't have a business plan? did you visit any meetings?

anyway, the confidence thing came from a friend of dre ( eminem). plus other witnesses said dre tried several directions for Detox over the years & started over. you don't do that if you're confident.

i told you this is only me speculating. the "surely" word was too far... my fault. but hey i never told they didn't have a businessplan. i told it wasn't aimed at Dre. Looks like other artists were their main products back in the days. not dre.

Speaking of confidence I still think you're oversimplifying. I don't think Dre has such a strong position in Interscope. If this scrapped material was good but Dre had no confidence why the fuck Interscope didn't pushed him to put it out? It can;t be that hard since he is Interscope's employee. I think it's them who decide when they want to spend their money.... It must be really strange relationship if it look like this 10 years later.... Dre: Ok... i'm happy with my material. give me the money so i can put it out' or Interscope: 'it's a great time to make some money. we have the budged, your material is the bomb. We're putting it out". Dre: "no i don't want it. I don;t like my songs'. lol ;) Interscope is a corporation where all decisions are being taken by the board or something like that... not by one man who works for them. At the end of the day Interscope have the rights to every single song Dre has made while working for them. so if they heard the material and they thought it's good they could have put it out...

and oh... i think you shouldn't trust in every single word you read/hear in the interview. Don't forget Eminem is also Intersocpe's employee...

Don't get me wrong homey. i'm not saying i'm right (what is more i think you could be right... that's why i want to discuss) . I just always try to analyze the situation because different people in music business talk different shit. And the situation with Detox that was told to the public sound very ridiculous to me.

damn... having different opinions is such a great thing. isn't it? peace  ;)

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:44:45 AM by shoo »