Author Topic: Are U Living By The Book?  (Read 491 times)

Elevz

Re: Are U Living By The Book?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 09:06:17 AM »
lol @ everyone praising holy books for their ethics and morals. Have you ever thought of how devastating, despiritualising and conflicting with human nature the whole concept of religion and its ethical codes is? Mystics...  :grumpy:

Yes, I'm living by a book, but it damn sure isn't one filled with fancy stories about a supreme power telling me what's right and what's not. Think about human nature and you will realise there's no other way for humans to live in spiritual healthiness.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 08:55:20 AM »
The Bible is one of the dirtiest books written. So nah it ain't all there for ethics and morals. But it's a belief and why do people always gotta knock it?

Of course shit get's edited. Over the years, everythang, every book does. But it's the point to get across.

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 04:56:23 PM »
bumpin yet again for new perspectives^

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 05:11:11 PM »
Of course shit get's edited. Over the years, everythang, every book does. But it's the point to get across.
the holy Quran has never been edited...

imo if every person from any religion sticks to what their book says we would have a great world...

8) 8) 8)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 05:42:27 PM »
It’s funny to me how all religions base all there beliefs on what is written in man made books but some how they call it the word of a high power or a God. Like the bible... I love the bible and I think the stories in it teach good morals and ethics, but I know that the bible and many other books of different religious orders are edited and have been edited through out time to suit different societies and cultures and really there is no way to know what is fact and what is made up in those books. I mean think about it, most people today that read the bible and live by it, are reading what a long chain of editors thought was right, not anything that can be confirmed today as being fact, the earliest editor of the bible known to man is probably King James, and he wasn't the first, but how long has it been since he died, and how many other versions of the book have arose since then… think about that when u decide to say, “this is the word of God” and this is the way it should be cuz it’s in this bible or what ever book the holy karam or what ever book it is.
WORD!!! not to mention these pale faces used it to enslave people it was a tool for them to achieve what they wanted too

Australian Bastard

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 07:17:40 PM »
There is a book that interprets all other books and that is your own conscience and heart. It is your book and it is a living book written in a strange foreign language that people can spend their whole life studying and learn but one word, such is life, but the more of this language you learn, the easier it gets to read your book.

Word.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 07:47:22 PM »
This is the only true religion:

http://www.venganza.org/

pastafarians unite!