Author Topic: Are U Living By The Book?  (Read 490 times)

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
Are U Living By The Book?
« on: January 12, 2003, 12:38:17 PM »
It’s funny to me how all religions base all there beliefs on what is written in man made books but some how they call it the word of a high power or a God. Like the bible... I love the bible and I think the stories in it teach good morals and ethics, but I know that the bible and many other books of different religious orders are edited and have been edited through out time to suit different societies and cultures and really there is no way to know what is fact and what is made up in those books. I mean think about it, most people today that read the bible and live by it, are reading what a long chain of editors thought was right, not anything that can be confirmed today as being fact, the earliest editor of the bible known to man is probably King James, and he wasn't the first, but how long has it been since he died, and how many other versions of the book have arose since then… think about that when u decide to say, “this is the word of God” and this is the way it should be cuz it’s in this bible or what ever book the holy karam or what ever book it is.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2003, 12:47:48 PM by .:TimeLock:. »

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Re:Are U Living By The Book?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2003, 08:08:42 PM »
Ofcourse....Word.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2003, 08:12:21 PM »
I think most people readily admit that the bible was altered, I believe it's even had books deleted SINCE King James retranslated it.

BTW, King James gets a bad rap.  He didn't translate the bible to delete books, and fit his causes... those before him sometimes did, but King James, Honestly, Loved God, and put together a HUGE council of scholars, to translate the known texts of the bible from the original languages into a good, as accurate as possible english translation.  We owe him a lot.

The way I look at the bible is, sure, it's been altered, but it's such a holy book, they could never totally change the message, or delete all the truth from it.  I constantly am amazed at some of the stuff that is written in there.  I think most people cherish it, even edited, because it's the best we have.

As a note, also, mormons believe that there was a prophet in 1830 who received a buried book called the book of mormon, which contained many of the things delted out of the bible.  Mormons believe that with the bible, and the book of mormon, by comparing the two and studying both, you have the total restored gospel.  Peace~

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2003, 08:47:33 PM »
So your saying it's better to live your life by your favorite rap cd?  Thug Life?  Or better yet, live your life the way that they say is "cool" on commercials?  Or, better yet, live your life the way that will get you that fine girl you always wanted?  Or live your life the way that will get you the most women or money?  Or, live your life the way your mommy said so.  Or, live your life by your own mind, make yourself God, make your own selfish desires your God?  Or, live your life by the laws set for you by your United States Government; push everything as far as you can but don't push it so far that you end up in jail!!!

mauzip

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2003, 09:07:21 PM »
I don't live by the bible or whatever, but I think you should pick the good things out of it if you do live by it and you're right that not everything can be confirmed by today. The book has been written so many years ago... So you just should pick out what's good and add your own morals to it (your life) I think.

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2003, 10:40:11 PM »
I live life according to my own book. I've seen a lot of shit and been through a lot as well. I've got a good understanding of good and bad, and act accordingly. I respect the bible a great deal. I think it teaches people great morals and lays out a framework for people to follow.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2003, 01:36:55 AM »
I live life according to my own book. I've seen a lot of shit and been through a lot as well. I've got a good understanding of good and bad, and act accordingly. I respect the bible a great deal. I think it teaches people great morals and lays out a framework for people to follow.

i agree with u i don't know what infinite is babaling about lol

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2003, 01:46:37 AM »
HighTimes Magazine?

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

infinite59

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2003, 02:09:01 AM »
Some follow their own giudance.  They accept what they have been through individual as the whole eternal truth from which to base their life and desicions.  Me, on the other hand, I believe Allah to be the wisest!  I am a slave to him.  Al-hamdu-illah!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2003, 02:09:23 AM by Infinite Ibrahim Abdul Hamid »

OmNIsCiUs

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I give up.There aren't any quotes that'll fit here
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2003, 02:26:26 AM »
I hear ya mauzip n trauma...writing your own book is my path but its good too put notes from other books into your own book... I'm not a very religious person but I try to learn about all the religions because there is so much good advise in each of them. You just have to filter it and find what's most applicable to you. And infinite: I don't think that's what he was implying. -=shrugs=-
there's my 2 cents
."".    ."",
     |  |   /  /
     |  |  /  /
     |  | /  /
     |  |/  ;-._
     }  ` _/  / ;
     |  /` ) /  /
     | /  /_/\_/\
     |/  /      |
     (  ' \ '-  |
      \    `.  /
       |      |
       |      |

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2003, 02:36:05 PM »
I Try that more & more but its harder & harder but I think everyone has the same amount of luck in life, living by the book improves it, why? because you worked for it, you worked on your self to be a better person & ppl will be respecting you more & more... If you been to a ruff time then you really should be glad because it will maintain the same in a positive way.. There is nobody out there that is more lucky then you, neither are they less lucky but when your life comes to an end you will have got the same amount of luck as your father & hes father & so on... I try to enjoy life as it is, sometimes there a bad times but I focus on the good times to get to tru the ruff stages...
40oz Graphire

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
Re: Are U Living By The Book?
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 12:34:16 AM »
bumpin for new perspectives^

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 07:23:00 AM »
I seek inspiration and guidance from a variety of sources, but I do my dirt all by ma lonely
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

AndrE16686

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 07:39:43 AM »
There is a book that interprets all other books and that is your own conscience and heart. It is your book and it is a living book written in a strange foreign language that people can spend their whole life studying and learn but one word, such is life, but the more of this language you learn, the easier it gets to read your book.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 07:49:33 AM by The Overfiend »

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 11:06:25 AM »
It’s funny to me how all religions base all there beliefs on what is written in man made books but some how they call it the word of a high power or a God. Like the bible... I love the bible and I think the stories in it teach good morals and ethics, but I know that the bible and many other books of different religious orders are edited and have been edited through out time to suit different societies and cultures and really there is no way to know what is fact and what is made up in those books. I mean think about it, most people today that read the bible and live by it, are reading what a long chain of editors thought was right, not anything that can be confirmed today as being fact, the earliest editor of the bible known to man is probably King James, and he wasn't the first, but how long has it been since he died, and how many other versions of the book have arose since then… think about that when u decide to say, “this is the word of God” and this is the way it should be cuz it’s in this bible or what ever book the holy karam or what ever book it is.

full of metaphors, sometimes not meaning what they literally say and somes times both.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.