Author Topic: If you could choose producers and guests for Oh My God  (Read 456 times)

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Re:If you could choose producers and guests for Oh My God
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2003, 12:50:25 PM »
What would be dope but won't happen would be a disk with no guest appearences at all and just Dre and Primo working together to supply the beats, then another disk, a bonus disk if you will, with about 5-6 tracks with guest appearences from the likes of Nas, Guru, Cube, Em, Dre, and each track would have a different producer to give various types of flavas/styles.

Damn, never thought of that. That shit would be dope (but i'd want different guests).
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Lil' Dirty Bastard

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2003, 12:58:04 PM »
Producers:

Dr. Dre
Hi-Tek

Guest:

Dr. Dre
Eminem
50 Cent
DMC
 ;D Kurupt ;D
Tha Lil' Dirty Bastard straight frum tha VA zoo

S.G.V.

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2003, 12:20:39 AM »
im suprised to see not many people bring up eric b...i guess people would rather see dre... :-\

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2003, 02:19:08 AM »
guests aren't needed on a Rakim album.  if he's gonna collab i'd rather see it on the other artists joint, or a soundtrack or something.

so no guests.

you need 2 Primo joints and a Pete Rock joint... as long as Dre brings the heat the rest should be Dre.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2003, 09:02:48 AM »
im suprised to see not many people bring up eric b...i guess people would rather see dre... :-\

I thought Eric B is just a DJ now at clubs, thats why him and Ra went their seperate ways cos thats what he wanted and Ra still wanted to make music.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Murrow

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2003, 11:29:18 AM »
Murrow: are you trying to tell me that Ain't No Fun doesn't sound like a Warren G beat more than a Dre one. Also, even if he didn't fully produce it I think Warren G played a big part in producing Gz and Hustlaz, cause he used exactly the same sample to produce nearly the same beat for 2 Pac & Richie Rich on Lie To Kick It.

That's your opinion, but to me Dre was the force that guided that album and made it a classic...on the production side.  

If they produced such classics then why were they never alble to come close to that success?

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2003, 12:00:49 PM »
Well I would say that Daz's production on Dogg Food was pretty much up to the same standard as was Warren's on the Twinz Cd and his own first album. All I am saying is that Daz and Warren G played a similar role to say Mel-Man and Scott Storch on 2001, in producing Doggystyle, and therefore you saying that Dre hasn't produced anything himself since Doggystyle was incorrect. I have no doubt that the album wouldn't have been the same without Dre as the head (although the remixes of some of the tracks that Daz did were really tight), but he wasn't the only one there.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2003, 12:12:25 PM »
Producers:

Dr. Dre
Hi-Tek

Guest:

Dr. Dre
Eminem
50 Cent
DMC
 ;D Kurupt ;D

I'm sorry but this is a typical reply from someone who has only just jumped on the Rakim bandwagon now that he is on Aftermath. This guy is the best rapper ever, and therefore has a lot of history attached to him. You can't just bundle on the Aftermath camp to his album, it will spoil his sound completly. If Dre raps on this album he will get absolutely killed by Rakim and it will be a laughable track. And I hardly think that 50 Cent's droanyness will go hand in hand with Rakim's crisp delivery.

You didn't even mention DJ Premier, who for me is someone who is essential to have on the album to at least retain some of Rakim's normal sound from his previous albums.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2003, 12:19:31 PM »
id like 8 dre joints, 3 primo joints and 3 large professor joints

oh n apperances a bonus disk with appearances by rass kass, snoop, dre, xzibit, eminem, redman and kane........and y'all gon laugh at me at this, but id like rakim 2 rap on a callobo with michael jackson sumtime 2, cuz i feel rakim can tear a good beat up, like he did on truth hurts joint, but like that probably would neva happen

but they should release the bonus cd like a couple of months afta they release the actual cd so ppl can just judge his actual solo album fairly first,

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2003, 05:54:47 PM »
Murrow: are you trying to tell me that Ain't No Fun doesn't sound like a Warren G beat more than a Dre one. Also, even if he didn't fully produce it I think Warren G played a big part in producing Gz and Hustlaz, cause he used exactly the same sample to produce nearly the same beat for 2 Pac & Richie Rich on Lie To Kick It.

That's your opinion, but to me Dre was the force that guided that album and made it a classic...on the production side.  

If they produced such classics then why were they never alble to come close to that success?

LoL...Buddy...Both Warren and Daz have claimed to have done production on "Doggystyle"...The booklet had no credits, so they never got credited...And they never came close to that succes? Uhhh, Warren G "Regulator"...Tha Dogg Pound "Dogg Food"...LoL...Come on now...PeACe

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2003, 10:02:15 AM »
guests aren't needed on a Rakim album.  if he's gonna collab i'd rather see it on the other artists joint, or a soundtrack or something.

I would of liked to of seen Ra make an appearence on Talib's "Quality" and The Roots' "Phrenology", not only would it of been good publicity for him but I think these are exactly the type of records that suit his attitude and style.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Murrow

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2003, 10:17:56 AM »

LoL...Buddy...Both Warren and Daz have claimed to have done production on "Doggystyle"...The booklet had no credits, so they never got credited...And they never came close to that succes? Uhhh, Warren G "Regulator"...Tha Dogg Pound "Dogg Food"...LoL...Come on now...PeACe

That is the same shit you've been saying, like Dre produced "Multiply" when he didn't.  But you insisted that you did even though we showed you the credits and everything.  This is the same thing.