Author Topic: [Discussion Thread] Bad Meets Evil- Hell The Sequel  (Read 1748 times)

Lunatic

Re: [Discussion Thread] Bad Meets Evil- Hell The Sequel
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 11:25:31 AM »
Bumping now.

1. Welcome 2 Hell - 4.5/5. This is a sick ass intro. Caught me off guard. Havoc provided a dope dark ass beat.
2. Fastlane - 3.75/5. Interesting to see Supa Dups. Beat isn't bad at all. Hook is dope; almost sounds an imitation Nate Dogg; he would have destroyed this. Solid track.
3. The Reunion - 3.75/5. Really surprising but good to see Sid Roams on here. Havoc must have hooked it up. Nice story raps. Very decent track.

4. Above the Law - 2.75/5. I honestly don't know how this Claret Jai girl has a career. Not bad of an instrumental. Em is yelling way too loud on here. This is average at best.
5. I'm On Everything - 3.25/5. Odd sample use by Mr. Porter. I thought this was the Bangladesh track at first. It's alright though; it sort of works lol.
6. A Kiss - 3.25/5. Beat isn't as bad/weird as I thought it'd be (Bangladesh lol). It's alright. Nothing great but pretty average.

7. Lighters - 4/5. I like it. Very mainstream though. If serviced to radio properly I can see it being a hit. Bruno Mars kills the hook.
8. Take From Me - 3.5/5. Claret Jai girl has to be the most annoying hook singer of all time. This is a dope Mr. Porter beat though. Everything but the hook is good. on here.
9. Loud Noises - 5/5. Ya, the best track on the EP for obvious reasons. Crooked I & Joe Budden destroy this  :o

BONUS SONGS:

10. Living Proof - 3.75/5. Beat is cool. Who produced it? Better than a lot of the tracks that aren't bonuses. Royce & Eminem rap nice on here.
11. Echo - 3.5/5. I've heard better hooks from Liz Rodriguez. Pretty solid track. Royce really kills it.

Overall: 7/10

I wasn't expecting much. It's a decent project. I'm happy with "Welcome 2 Hell" & "Loud Noises", the two best tracks on the album.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

doggfather

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2011, 11:33:20 AM »
Listened through the first few tracks and it's sounding pretty dope
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2011, 02:45:18 PM »
The reunion is probly my favorite track on this, ems flow is a lot more toned down, whole track is ill. This is a dope ep but you can tell it was made quickly, aloe of the tracks don't mesh and don't seem to fit the sound of the album. Crooked fuckin murders that slaughterhouse track

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 02:49:50 PM »
yeaah, im feelin this. decent/cool ep

but 1 thing is for sure, those days when u used to really really look forward to a new Shady/Aftermath-release r over.
the quality is too degraded, n everybody at that camp lost they artistic touch a long ass time ago..

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 04:10:17 PM »
Incredible raps, and a few incredible songs.  My main issue here is the overall direction of the project, or should I say the lack of direction, to get a cohesive sound and a more toned down version of Em and Royce. What I mean by this is that you don't have to have the most technical flow and delivery to create something amazing, something the boys seems to forget admist the (impressive) display of skills.

That being said, the EP is very good, and I will be bumping it throughout the summer.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2011, 04:15:45 PM »
Incredible raps, and a few incredible songs.  My main issue here is the overall direction of the project, or should I say the lack of direction, to get a cohesive sound and a more toned down version of Em and Royce. What I mean by this is that you don't have to have the most technical flow and delivery to create something amazing, something the boys seems to forget admist the (impressive) display of skills.

That being said, the EP is very good, and I will be bumping it throughout the summer.

xactly, thats what i thought -
the whole ep feels like some show-n-prove showcase type of thing. bragadocius, "look at us, we can rap our asses off" -
midst of the process, boys forgot to create some "songs" too

nevertheless, dope material

fette_chico

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 02:49:18 AM »
Royce caught a lucky fuckin break gettin back into ems camp. I like what ive heard full of quotes

"She kept asking me to please stop calling her cunt i said i cunt"

"Then a chick wanted a hug, but she was fat so i gave her a dap and told her to scat"

Lucifuge

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 05:37:34 AM »
Cool EP... Havoc shits on all producers on this one. fucking amazing beat.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 01:13:31 PM »
Finished listening to the whole EP.   Bottom line is, this is two talented rap artists who are way past their prime.   And rapping faster, screaming louder, and forcing more emotion into their words only seems to make it worse.  It sounds forced.

Not saying the album sucks or anything.  It's kind of like Jordan when he was with the Washington Wizards.  Still talented and knowledgeable in the game, but it just wasn't the same.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 07:34:40 PM »
I don't think Royce is past his prime.  It's just a matter of him focusing his energy.

As for Eminem I enjoy watching him shit all over the game.  He's very self-aware which I think is dope because most cats seem delusional.   He tells us on this EP he has no real reason to spit other than the fact THIS IS ALL HE KNOWS. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 02:11:13 AM »

"Then a chick wanted a hug, but she was fat so i gave her a dap and told her to scat"

Haha I love that line, shit just sounds dope

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2011, 09:25:35 AM »
sounds dope to me, some tracks are recovery leftovers imo (same pop/rock vibe with eminem angry voice over sweet guitar melody).
This will be on repeat for quite some time

The D.O.C and

Blood$

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2011, 10:17:39 AM »
not bad, didn't have very high expectations and I never listened to any leaks off this but I'd say this is a little better than Recovery in terms of replay value

"Welcome 2 Hell", "Fastlane", "Above The Law" (I thought that chick singer wasn't bad here), "I'm On Everything", and "Loud Noises" were my favorite cuts

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2011, 10:20:05 AM »
LOUD NOISES owns

Crooked and Budden kill it best but Royce has the best line about "did i just go almost 4 bars without talking about my big dick?" hahahahahahahahaha
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2011, 11:23:52 PM »
BloodMoney i think we got similar ears man!
 but im still bumpin the album trying to get a feel for it. Royce n Em are def rappin they're ass off. this album came out of no where for me, my homie hit me up n told me to hit target up after work n check it out. First 2 tracks were real dope, it had me hittin up some people to put em on it. The Nicki Minaj line in Fast Lane had me dyin. I like Above the Law, is this a Nate sound alike? dam.. Im on Everything is funny, i got the mike epps dvd they took the sample from.. whats wrong with bangladesh? his beat on this album isnt bad, shit hits pretty hard in the car, besides for the hook shits solid.. and i liked Living Proof. those were the highlights for me