Author Topic: Dutch to ban foreigners from cannabis coffee shops  (Read 1302 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dutch to ban foreigners from cannabis coffee shops
« on: June 05, 2011, 01:48:02 AM »
Holland is to bar foreigners from its infamous cannabis-selling coffee shops.
Anti-drugs laws will see restrictions placed on who can use the shops, which allow patrons to buy and smoke drugs legally.

The rules, called ‘tourism suicide’ by some, could put an end to many of the tens of thousands of visits made by Britons to Amsterdam every year.
Under legislation spearheaded by far-right politicians, only Dutch residents will be able to enter the cannabis-selling premises.
By the end of the year, would-be customers will have to sign up for a one-year membership, or ‘dope pass’, to the coffee shops.
Each shop will be allowed a maximum of 1,500 members.
Opposition MPs say the move could cost the country millions of pounds a year in lost revenue.

They also fear Dutch residents, who are allowed to possess 5g of marijuana, could sell to tourists at massively inflated prices.
But a statement from the Dutch health and justice ministries said: ‘We attract other types of tourists apart from drugs tourists.

‘This law will put an end to the nuisance and criminality associated with coffee shops and drugs trafficking.’
The country decriminalised ‘soft’ drugs in the Seventies, and has around 750 coffee shops. About 220 are in Amsterdam – mostly in the city’s red light district, where prostitution is also legal.

Coffee shops, the first one was called ‘Mellow Yellow’, were seen as a useful weapon in controlling the use of drugs.
It allowed people to walk in off the street and order their favourite brand of marijuana rather than giving money to a potentially flourishing black market.
By the 1980s, the shops were left alone by the authorities and had become an established part of Dutch life, famed throughout the world as a symbol of the country’s tolerance.
One - The Bulldog - even opened up in an old police headquarters in one of Amsterdam’s most-visited squares.

They soon became big tourist attractions.
Up to a million British tourists visit Amsterdam each year, many of them drawn by the appeal of the coffee shops.

If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Sikotic™

Re: Dutch to ban foreigners from cannabis coffee shops
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 01:29:37 PM »
I don't blame them.

Tourists are usually assholes. Not all, but many. They will miss the revenue they get from the tourists though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 01:33:38 PM »
I don't blame them.

Tourists are usually assholes. Not all, but many.

Most of the tourists are Germans, so yeah I feel sorry for them.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 06:11:08 AM »
Don't expect this to happen any time soon, the city of Amsterdam has already objected to the plans.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 06:50:34 AM »
I don't blame them.

Tourists are usually assholes. Not all, but many.

Most of the tourists are Germans, so yeah I feel sorry for them.

Most of the tourists are not germans
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 10:02:01 AM »
so youre telling me tha Amsterdam move is no good smh...guess im saving all of my money 4 europe, africa, cuba, brazil, jamaica, and germany

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 12:37:08 PM »
so youre telling me tha Amsterdam move is no good smh...guess im saving all of my money 4 europe, africa, cuba, brazil, jamaica, and germany
I'ma visit Europe and Germany in the near future too.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

when it rains it pours

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 12:48:16 PM »
thats like vegas making gambling illigal.

blcxm

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 02:37:15 PM »
there are plans of making all drugs legal over here.  :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_llama: :banana_llama: :banana_llama: :banana_llama:

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 10:26:33 PM »
I'ma visit Europe and Germany in the near future too.

hookers, booze, and weed!  even tho it sounds like a regular night on tha southside i have a feeling they get down overseas.  i always wanted to hit a chick from the UK doggystyle while she moans my name.  one of these days that dream will come true.  tha only way 2 go over there is WITHOUT your girl tho, u know she'll just get in the way lol

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 11:19:15 AM »
lol, they get rid of the only reason to go to the place?

i dont see this happening their bluffing, businesses will close or suffer if they do this.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 10:04:39 AM »
I live in Maastricht, which is at the border of Belgium (and not that far away from Germany).
Around here the crime rate is getting worse, with drug runners (foreigners who drive cars around all day looking for drug tourists, when they find them they run them down and force them to buy a lot of drugs) and drug tourists all around the city.

I worked at a hostel where the customers were like 75% drug tourists.. they just go crazy buying weed, shrooms, coke, heroin whatever.

Now they want to take all the coffeeshops in Maastricht (around 10-15) and put 'em all in one corner of an industrial area.. anybody seen The Wire? Hamsterdam? I can see it happening already.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 10:06:06 AM »
Oh yeah and they wanted to include a similar membership idea, with like a YES for people living within a 20 km radius and NO for everyone beyond that.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

doggfather

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 10:10:52 AM »
thats like vegas making gambling illigal.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 12:58:58 PM »
I live in Maastricht, which is at the border of Belgium (and not that far away from Germany).
Around here the crime rate is getting worse, with drug runners (foreigners who drive cars around all day looking for drug tourists, when they find them they run them down and force them to buy a lot of drugs) and drug tourists all around the city.

I worked at a hostel where the customers were like 75% drug tourists.. they just go crazy buying weed, shrooms, coke, heroin whatever.

Now they want to take all the coffeeshops in Maastricht (around 10-15) and put 'em all in one corner of an industrial area.. anybody seen The Wire? Hamsterdam? I can see it happening already.

the wire is bullshit. It's a tv show ain't no street niggas gonna come up with that pinch perfect scheme to slang. Anyone that believes otherwise is a moron, a square that only seen shit on tv.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.