Author Topic: Lil Wayne To Cover 2Pac's "Hail Mary" On MTV Unplugged Special  (Read 559 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
When Lil Wayne hits the stage for MTV Unplugged on June 12, it will be his first time appearing on the show.

In addition to his long list of hits, MTV is reporting that Weezy will perform a special tribute to fallen hip hop legend Tupac Shakur. Wayne talks about why he picked "Hail Mary" to perform.

"I knew because this is my 'Unplugged,' I said, 'I want to do some kind of tribute to one of those great artists,' " Wayne said." "It's just something about 'Pac and I. I picked that second verse, 'Penitentiaries is packed with promise makers,' and I was like, 'That whole verse is just perfect — they never realized the precious time that they wasting.'"

http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/lil-wayne-to-cover-2pacs-hail

Sikotic™

Re: Lil Wayne To Cover 2Pac's "Hail Mary" On MTV Unplugged Special
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 11:02:57 AM »
Wayne ain't 1996.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 11:04:07 AM »
oh well.. lets see how it turns out.  ::)

T-o-m

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 12:06:09 PM »
awful, cant stand the guy. now hes trying to lick 2pac ass, expect him on next shitty amaru release.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 12:16:48 PM »
haters blow me

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 12:16:49 PM »
smh
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

polepositon

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 12:25:22 PM »
"baby only kisses him on the mouth". gay ass mf. don't understand why this cake sprinkle aint been ostracized. if this was any other mainstream rapper that was found out to be gay then they would have been hung.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 12:42:24 PM »
Why does it seem like everybody wanna do a reference to 2pac this year? I know it always happens but damn..Wayne covering 2pac..got Ross comin' out with songs called 2pac's Back..etc wtf.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 02:03:50 PM »
Wayne ain't 1996.

Wayne and Cash Money in 96 would of just been some underground South music, that would occasionally hit Gold.  Something like what No Limit Records was in 96 and like what they were in their early days.  Because the quality of Cash Money music never improved, the game just became watered down and the fans have no taste in music anymore.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 02:39:01 PM »
Wayne ain't 1996.

Wayne and Cash Money in 96 would of just been some underground South music, that would occasionally hit Gold.  Something like what No Limit Records was in 96 and like what they were in their early days.  Because the quality of Cash Money music never improved, the game just became watered down and the fans have no taste in music anymore.

seriously tho, none of y'all know that Wayne been puttin shit down on wax (released in stores) since 1995 wow smh.  Hip Hop fans and their savyness never ceases to amaze me.

ca$h money records (the label we know today) has been doing shit since 94/95 lol.

but anyway.... only bloggers who were born pre-1984 say shit about Weezy.  in the real world in real life Lil' Wayne is 1 of the GOAT and that's undisputable.  fine, Wayne might get hate on a blog or some website everytime his named is mentioned but the people fuck wit Weezy and generally always have.  end of story.  i'm glad Pac/Makaveli is still getting his props to this day and it'll be a sad day if it ever stops no matter who is doing the dedication #realtalk (except for Soulja Boy doing a remake of "Juice", that shit is just crazy no matter what context it is in).

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 03:03:54 PM »
Wayne ain't 1996.

yep kuz wayne is 93 he was puttin down songs when drag rap was still what it do in the n.o....cashmoney came from nuthin...

cash money, no limit, rap a lot, alot of the tx rappers had southwest whole sale...and it help them move units...

if it wasnt from southwest master p wouldnt even blew like he did...

i laugh at people when they put pac on that pedestal

kuz if nebody did what pac did in his career..now he would be clowned 4 it...the ballerina...the dancin in speedos humpin dolls, gainin a gangsta persona after a movie role..

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 03:06:28 PM »
Wayne ain't 1996.

Wayne and Cash Money in 96 would of just been some underground South music, that would occasionally hit Gold.  Something like what No Limit Records was in 96 and like what they were in their early days.  Because the quality of Cash Money music never improved, the game just became watered down and the fans have no taste in music anymore.

seriously tho, none of y'all know that Wayne been puttin shit down on wax (released in stores) since 1995 wow smh.  Hip Hop fans and their savyness never ceases to amaze me.

ca$h money records (the label we know today) has been doing shit since 94/95 lol.

but anyway.... only bloggers who were born pre-1984 say shit about Weezy.  in the real world in real life Lil' Wayne is 1 of the GOAT and that's undisputable.  fine, Wayne might get hate on a blog or some website everytime his named is mentioned but the people fuck wit Weezy and generally always have.  end of story.  i'm glad Pac/Makaveli is still getting his props to this day and it'll be a sad day if it ever stops no matter who is doing the dedication #realtalk (except for Soulja Boy doing a remake of "Juice", that shit is just crazy no matter what context it is in).

I was born Pre-84, and I remember around 97' I saw a Cash Money album at the music store and they were biting No Limits gimmick of using Pen and Pixel artwork on their covers and I remember some people even bought it just cause they thought it was No Limit.. and the shit was wack then and it is wack now.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 03:08:43 PM »
I was born Pre-84, and I remember around 97' I saw a Cash Money album at the music store and they were biting No Limits gimmick of using Pen and Pixel artwork on their covers and I remember some people even bought it just cause they thought it was No Limit.. and the shit was wack then and it is wack now.

dog who cares.  is that your way of trying to make shit seem less credible.  for god sakes man get a fuckin life lol.  loser! 

your mother sucked dick and still does, does that make her any less unique than who she is?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 03:13:31 PM »
Wayne ain't 1996.

yep kuz wayne is 93 he was puttin down songs when drag rap was still what it do in the n.o....cashmoney came from nuthin...

cash money, no limit, rap a lot, alot of the tx rappers had southwest whole sale...and it help them move units...

if it wasnt from southwest master p wouldnt even blew like he did...

i laugh at people when they put pac on that pedestal

kuz if nebody did what pac did in his career..now he would be clowned 4 it...the ballerina...the dancin in speedos humpin dolls, gainin a gangsta persona after a movie role..

thank you.  people who diss Wayne don't even know who he is or how long he's been in the game (let alone Ca$h Money and No Limit).  these niggaz have been in tha game so long i'm surprised that they ain't gray and wrinkly yet.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 03:22:18 PM »
Wayne ain't 1996.

u were on the outside lookin in...and outsider would think what u thought..

they were not biting no limit pen n pixel... pen n pixel were the biggest yet cheapest designers in the south at that time...pen n pixel was makin a killin down south...alot of major labels with deals with majors design team..fired em..n went to pen n pixel..kuz of how cheap they were n had a great turn out time...

like pen n pixel...cash money also used southwest wholesales to press the music...