Author Topic: Lil Wayne To Cover 2Pac's "Hail Mary" On MTV Unplugged Special  (Read 560 times)

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
Re: Lil Wayne To Cover 2Pac's "Hail Mary" On MTV Unplugged Special
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 03:25:16 PM »
Wayne ain't 1996.

yep kuz wayne is 93 he was puttin down songs when drag rap was still what it do in the n.o....cashmoney came from nuthin...

cash money, no limit, rap a lot, alot of the tx rappers had southwest whole sale...and it help them move units...

if it wasnt from southwest master p wouldnt even blew like he did...

i laugh at people when they put pac on that pedestal

kuz if nebody did what pac did in his career..now he would be clowned 4 it...the ballerina...the dancin in speedos humpin dolls, gainin a gangsta persona after a movie role..

thank you.  people who diss Wayne don't even know who he is or how long he's been in the game (let alone Ca$h Money and No Limit).  these niggaz have been in tha game so long i'm surprised that they ain't gray and wrinkly yet.

baby was still a teen when he was b32  n was slangin album...from fresh to juvie..all of the known cmr acts been in it since they were basically kids...

new orleans has so many types of music..from drag rap to gangsta shit...both no limit..n cmr had artist who already had a followin when they started....

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 03:34:33 PM »
Wayne ain't 1996.

yep kuz wayne is 93 he was puttin down songs when drag rap was still what it do in the n.o....cashmoney came from nuthin...

cash money, no limit, rap a lot, alot of the tx rappers had southwest whole sale...and it help them move units...

kuz if nebody did what pac did in his career..now he would be clowned 4 it...the ballerina...the dancin in speedos humpin dolls, gainin a gangsta persona after a movie role..

thank you.  people who diss Wayne don't even know who he is or how long he's been in the game (let alone Ca$h Money and No Limit).  these niggaz have been in tha game so long i'm surprised that they ain't gray and wrinkly yet.

baby was still a teen when he was b32  n was slangin album...from fresh to juvie..all of the known cmr acts been in it since they were basically kids...

new orleans has so many types of music..from drag rap to gangsta shit...both no limit..n cmr had artist who already had a followin when they started....

i already know.  alot of people still think Mystikal's first album was on No Limit smh

LiLDuVall tHe CaLi-Vanian

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 05:52:17 PM »
I think its coo hes payn homage.. Hopefully he doesnt try to remake it and put it on one of his albums tho

aerroc

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 06:06:02 PM »
Wayne ain't 1996.

i already know.  alot of people still think Mystikal's first album was on No Limit smh

i dont give a fuck back then and i dont give a fuck bout them now

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 11:20:02 PM »
never cash money back when they came out, and in my opinion they have only gotten weaker with age... wayne has gottin really bad in the last 8-10 years..... that guy is pretty much retarded... yet somehow people like it... how i dont know... same reason people like drake, soulja boy, just to name a couple of the weakest rappers ive ever heard

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 11:22:45 PM »
Who cares? People needa stop acting like its not for a TV show; obviously need to get the face of Hip Hop to do it.

GSmith

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 12:09:17 AM »
I was at the Unplugged taping and its was an okay song. He just rapped over the beat.

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 12:58:49 AM »
i dont fuck wit a lot of his music but dude has the talent/clout to pretty much cover any Pac track.  8)

EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 02:05:11 AM »
i dont fuck wit a lot of his music but dude has the talent/clout to pretty much cover any Pac track.  8)

crack cocaine is one hell of a drug

bouli77

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 05:19:01 AM »
I was born Pre-84, and I remember around 97' I saw a Cash Money album at the music store and they were biting No Limits gimmick of using Pen and Pixel artwork on their covers and I remember some people even bought it just cause they thought it was No Limit.. and the shit was wack then and it is wack now.

The way that you write off an entire label's music based on hasty observations and assumptions, sometimes not even about the music completely nullifies your opinion.

For your information Cash Money didn't bite No Limit's gimmick of using Pen & Pixel artwork, they were dealing with Pen & Pixel before No Limit. No Limit's artworks were done until 1996 & Mr. Ice Cream Man by Phunky Phat Graph-X, a company from the Bay Area who did shitloads of cover for Bay artists and who went out of business in the late 90's.

Cash Money, on the other hand had been dealing with Pen & Pixel as early as 94-95. At the time Master P wasn't even considered Dirty South since he was operating from Richmond and putting out compilations like Westcoast Badd Boyz (IMO he started switching down south in 1995 with Down South hustlers and the True albums who contained some dirty south cuts like Bout It Bout It but really became strictly south in 97-98) . The two main labels out of New Orleans were Big Boy Records (Partner-N-Crimes, Mystikal, Black Menace, G-Slimm etc.) & Cash Money.

You can check Shawn Brauch (Pen & pixel's founder)'s interview, it's interesting, even though he dismisses Phunky Phat Graph-X's work, which I think was better than Pen & Pixel.

http://www.abcdrduson.com/interviews/feature-vo.php?id=197

Oh, and Cash Money was dropping dope albums occasionally, Mannie Fresh was a versatile producer back then and he could drop bounce records and gangsta, sometimes even G-Funk records. Kilo-G's Bloody City and Mr Ivan's 187 In A Hockey Mask are classics in my book. And they both came out before 96. Get your facts straight.

RIP Kilo-G & Mr. Ivan.

It's funny how you Infinite try to dictate an indisputable truth about various things (i.e. 4 of Nas's albums are among the 5 best eastcoast albums or Cash Money was wack in 97) when you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

That being said, I'm not annoyed @ Lil Wayne's paying homage to Pac by singing Hail Mary. A lot of artists, even respectable ones have done fake features or paied corny homages to Pac, it's seems like a routine for a successful artist lol.