Author Topic: Laylaw Discusses His History With Dr. Dre, 2Pac, Ghost-Producing Cali Love Remix  (Read 2197 times)

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
only tell stories to those who listen...

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

thanks for the interview
interestn info about the uncredited Laylaw-song prod by Dre

here it is.
funky disco from the 80's

12'' release
song, ext remix and instrumental

Laylaw - What's Your Name? [Prod by The Mechanic a.k.a. Dr. Dre]
http://dc202.4shared.com/download/JSGhnG6_/Lay_Law_-_Whats_Your_Name.rar?tsid=20110607-220107-cddea86c

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
He blackballed Mel-man like he did Neff-U
At one point Scott Storch was bigger than Dre. Are you seriously questioning Scott Storch's solo hit making abilities? (Chris Brown, Fat Joe, Christina Aguilera, 50 cent, Beyonce etc) Do your research
Khalil has done solo beats for Jay Z, 50 Cent, Eminem, Game, Snoop Dogg and even Dr Dre, alot of which has been better than the recent beats that have Dre's name on it.
Storch?  Maybe for six months when he took a vacation.  Fat Joe cough terror squad had a one hit wonder.  I know he did some work with Christina but nothing mind-blowing.  She was who she was before him.  
The difference is Dre makes stars they don't.  I think that is why he has that giant persona.  No one in the rap game has created an umbrella of talent like he has ... no one has that clout.  I remember when Timberland produced 2 albums and was tha shit 5 years ago, but come to think of it Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado were already big stars.

Also these stories imply Dre is a professional beat-jacker and I just don't get why ANY of them have't had careers even 1/10th the size of his.    Seems a little far fetched ...

6 months while Dre took a vacation? try 4 years

Justin Timberlake - Justified
    07. "Cry Me A River" (produced by Timbaland, co-produced by Scott Storch)
    10. "(And She Said) Take Me Now (feat. Janet Jackson)" (produced by Timbaland, co-produced by Scott Storch)

Pink - Missundaztood
    07. "Family Portrait"

Christina Aguilera - Stripped
    02. "Can't Hold Us Down (feat. Lil' Kim)"
    04. "Fighter"

Beyoncé - Dangerously in Love
    02. "Naughty Girl"
    03. "Baby Boy (feat. Sean Paul)"
    05. "Me, Myself and I"

Ja Rule - Blood In My Eye
    03. "Clap Back" (Co-produced by Irv Gotti)

G-Unit - Beg For Mercy
    02. "Poppin' Them Thangs" (Produced with Dr. Dre)

Jadakiss - Kiss Of Death
    05. "Time's Up (feat. Nate Dogg)"
    07. "U Make Me Wanna (feat. Mariah Carey)"

Terror Squad - True Story
    04. "Lean Back"

The Roots - The Tipping Point
    03. "Don't Say Nuthin'"

Mario - Turning Point
    02. "Let Me Love You"

50 Cent - The Massacre
    07. "Candy Shop (feat. Olivia)"
    14. "Just A Lil Bit"
    18. "Build You Up (feat. Jamie Foxx)"

Fat Joe - All Or Nothing
    08. "Get It Poppin'" (feat. Nelly)

R. Kelly - TP-3: Reloaded
    01. "Playa's Only" (feat. The Game)

Lil' Kim - The Naked Truth
    03. "Lighters Up"

Chris Brown - Chris Brown
    02. "Run It! (feat. Juelz Santana)"
    05. "Gimme That (feat. Lil' Wayne)"

Chamillionaire - The Sound Of Revenge
    03. Turn It Up (feat. Lil' Flip)"

During that same time period the only hits Dre had were In Da Club, How We Do  Just Lose It, Rich Girl and Poppin Them Thangs

All you Dre apologists just need to face facts you have been idiolizing a fraud. At least the west still has DJ Quik. A REAL musician who hasnt spent his whole career stealing from other people

Stan

^^ And of all the mighty stars you listed how many is Storch responsible for? How many careers has he started?  This is the x factor that isn't explained when people talk about beat jacking. 

Funkstradamus

i keep telling ya'll Battlecat is the best in the West.... 8)

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
^^ And of all the mighty stars you listed how many is Storch responsible for? How many careers has he started?  This is the x factor that isn't explained when people talk about beat jacking. 

Dre starting someone's career has nothing to do with beat jacking. if i find a star, but use somebody elses beat to launch that artist and then say im responsile for that beat, im STILL JACKING SOMEONE ELSES BEAT REGARDLESS. i see no point in going back and forth with you, as you keep avoiding the main issue at hand. Him launching so many careers just makes him a good A and R/ Record Executive. That doesnt mean he's a good producer

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
i keep telling ya'll Battlecat is the best in the West.... 8)

Yep. Him and DJ Quik. Alchemist too even though all his beats are NY sounding

Triple OG Rapsodie

Dr Dre has to be one of the biggest frauds in hip hop.  :grumpy: I dont understand why he continues to get praise when history has shown all he ever does is rob and steal from other producers. Im convinced he has never done one beat for himself. Even in the NWA days it seems that Big Hutch and Erotic D were doing all the work

i didn't hear him badmouth dre in the interview  ???

If Hutch and Erotic D were doing all the work surely Ice Cube and Ren wouldn't be giving Dre all the credit for N.W.A all these years.

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
Dr Dre has to be one of the biggest frauds in hip hop.  :grumpy: I dont understand why he continues to get praise when history has shown all he ever does is rob and steal from other producers. Im convinced he has never done one beat for himself. Even in the NWA days it seems that Big Hutch and Erotic D were doing all the work

If Hutch and Erotic D were doing all the work surely Ice Cube and Ren wouldn't be giving Dre all the credit for N.W.A all these years.

He implicates that Dre stole music from Hutch for NWA's album. That doesnt exactly paint Dre in a positive light
Cube and Ren are still cool with Dre and dont want to possibly step on his toes to protect 2 lesser known producers

Quadruple OG

How many records would those artists have sold without those singles Storch produced? A lot of those songs were pretty big hits, you under a rock for those four years?

Triple OG Rapsodie

He implicates that Dre stole music from Hutch for NWA's album. That doesnt exactly paint Dre in a positive light
Cube and Ren are still cool with Dre and dont want to possibly step on his toes to protect 2 lesser known producers

There's no mention of Dre individually. It says N.W.A. would use some of Hutch's beats. It's also unlikely the beats were stolen considering Hutch remained on Ruthless.

Chad

Great feedback!  We got more coming from Laylaw/LAWHOUSE Records!
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

GangstaBoogy

I agree that a lot of light is shedding on the real dre

Lmao @ dre being a cheerleader in high school
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

After reading this all I can say is wow. I thought doc got screwed, this dude, erotic d, and a few others got fucked over so bad that their names are barely memorable. That california love story is interesting tho. They made moves real fast at tha row.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
i don't see why hutch wouldn't get credit if he was involved.
besides, 100 miles & runnin' sounds like Dr.Dre & Yella to me.
Not saying that these stories are true or false, but it's funny how many of these stories we've heard these past few months. Sam Sneed, DOC, Laylaw, Budda, Snoop etc etc have all said revealed things that makes Dre look bad in the public eye. Must be something goin' on.
yeah lots of stories lately.
really strange

http://www.cover.dk/blog/motherfuckers-who-forgot-about-dre

come on man you know its not always as straightforward as that. credit has been fucked up before when it comes to Dre so why wouldnt Hutch be victim of the same thing? besides Kokane confrmed in an old interview that Hutch gave Dre breakbeats for NWA albums and showed him a lot off other stuff too and went uncredited, so I dont think Laylaw is lying
well hutch gave eazy a lot of props for ruthless, he wouldn't do that if he got ripped off.
he ain't the type to hold back, just look at all the bickering about who invented g funk.

giving breakbeats is not the same as getting the beats stolen. you're free to believe what you want, but don't forget about the (former) partners that gave dre props, like dawaun parker, scott storch, mike elizondo, dj yella, hi tek, dj khalil, nottz, focus, j.r. rotem etc.