Author Topic: Bishop Lamont - Team America Untagged [Out Now]  (Read 2120 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Bishop Lamont - TEAM AMERICA UNTAGGED [OutNow]
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2011, 08:07:43 AM »
I dont believe him when he said Aftermath let him leave with all his masters cause thats just something Interscope doesnt do for anyone.

I believe him considering he had Dre beats on Shawshank Redemption.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Bishop Lamont - TEAM AMERICA UNTAGGED [Coming Soon...]
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2011, 09:14:22 AM »
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/team-america-f-k-yeah-special/id448681178

& on twitter he said the bonus tracks would be on the hard copy coming soon

...so out of all the 6 people waiting on this digital release who would actually copy a hard copy? crazy...and no offense to Bishop but this project is a load of rubbish, he should get back to some proper music and leave the South Park humour to South Park....cause it's actually funny.

Couldn't of said it better myself. Hopefully the lackluster response to this dropping commercially won't stop him from dropping more music soon
i know the project didn't get such great feedback here, but i doubt that a hardcopy of an other mixtape would sell so much more.

anyway, i don't see why bishop wouldn't continue to release free music. he seems to care about his fans

true and it seems like a bad idea to try and sell any of his mixtape in hard format. there are definitely tracks from his past tapes (pope mobile in particular) i'd be interested in digitally if they were properly mixed/mastered.

but looking forward, i'd support a solo release if he can get back to making good music and drop that debut album at last. i think some indie artists set the bar too high from a business perspective. it's much more viable to just release an album digitally over bandcamp/itunes than endlessly delay something for a mediocre distribution deal that may never happen. trying to make a deal with one of these companies is just being stuck in the past.

focus on the music and promoting it online, fuck the record labels unless something really perfect is on the table. press up a small amount of copies for the supporters who are hell bent on having a hard copy. it really is that simple, the model is changing to where artists will get good support and profits by doing things this way. hell, even i've been increasingly copping music online. if the price is right (name your price items are becoming increasingly popular) there's good revenue oppurtunities for artists with a decent fan base. there are smaller labels that are really starting to run with this new model too.

sorry for going off on a tangent and i'm sure bishop's been busy with other shit, but it'd be nice for him to be progressive with his business when it comes to the album. applies to other rappers too, but a lot are too dumb to cotton on.
i agree, i hope he doesn't delay it extremely long.

The fact that he is trying to sell a mixtape that came out a long ass time ago tells me he is desperate and reaching. I dont believe him when he said Aftermath let him leave with all his masters cause thats just something Interscope doesnt do for anyone. I think its proof enough giving how much time has passed and the only move he has made was trying to sell a one year old mixtape. Its sad to see someone as talented as him fall through the cracks the way he has.
you're wrong, the plan to release it on itunes is old. besides, he doesn't look desperate to me, when you look at the concert videos & interviews. there's no way he's faking that.

i was skeptic about the masters too, until he released shawshank. like spice said, bishop released material that was planned from the reformation.
rain was recorded in 2007

Who has actually bought?
i've bought some songs

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"

sofdark

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2011, 02:43:52 AM »

so now i gotta wait for hard copy to purchase? damn, i wonder how long that's gonna be. Dope tape no doubt (wish he did this without indef).

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2011, 06:12:16 AM »

so now i gotta wait for hard copy to purchase? damn, i wonder how long that's gonna be. Dope tape no doubt (wish he did this without indef).
you don't like indef?

Jome

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2011, 07:03:41 AM »
Seeing as Amazon doesn't want my european money, and I don't fuck with Itunes, my question is: when does the rip drop?

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2011, 04:31:47 PM »
I'm told this is actually selling pretty well for a re-released street album. It's caught Interscope's attention, so... we'll see.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2011, 11:50:47 PM »
I'm told this is actually selling pretty well for a re-released street album. It's caught Interscope's attention, so... we'll see.
well screw interscope, bishop was set to release after detox... :P

sofdark

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2011, 12:38:54 AM »

yeah fuck interscope. don't tell me Bishops thinking about going into that quicksand again.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2011, 12:50:35 AM »

lies. lol @ rebel

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2011, 02:52:29 AM »

lies. lol @ rebel

Don't get me wrong but I don't think I've ever seen it appear on the top 200 albums charts, so it can't be doing too well, nothing over a couple thousand a week at the most, I'd think it wouldn't even be doing more than a couple hundred a week

Portugoal

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2011, 03:28:02 AM »

lol @ selling pretty well

it hasn't even leaked yet

terence chill

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2011, 04:29:43 AM »
what happened to the 3 Exclusive Bonus Songs??????

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2011, 05:39:03 AM »

lies. lol @ rebel

Don't get me wrong but I don't think I've ever seen it appear on the top 200 albums charts, so it can't be doing too well, nothing over a couple thousand a week at the most, I'd think it wouldn't even be doing more than a couple hundred a week

Well, I'm not sure if my source was including single numbers as well as international numbers, but he was clear on expectations for a re-released street album vs. an actual official project.