Author Topic: Looking back, it's crazy that Eastsidaz went platinum  (Read 1585 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: Looking back, it's crazy that Eastsidaz went platinum
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 04:40:53 PM »
well, u know - back in the 90's and early 00's, if u wanted to have music - u had to actually go out n buy a physical record n bring it home.
it was differnet back then. i actually remember those times

WTF???  Napster was huge back then, circa when Tha Eastsidaz dropped.  You did NOT have to go to the store back then.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

crankdemon

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 05:30:40 PM »
well, u know - back in the 90's and early 00's, if u wanted to have music - u had to actually go out n buy a physical record n bring it home.

WTF???  Napster was huge back then, circa when Tha Eastsidaz dropped.  You did NOT have to go to the store back then.

still wasnt that popular. i think on average people used limewire bearshare and what not more around 2004-2005. im glad this album went platinum . the industry needs to go back to those days. somebody needs to get smart nd fuk up all piratebay demonoid servers like they did ps3 online and have nobody illegally downloading anything.

then these real rappers can come out with new inspiration n all.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 06:43:20 PM »
Yeah the 2nd one was platinum in the making but snoop gave up on the project

Btw, how much did deuces and trays and tha streetz iz a mutha REALLY sell?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

polepositon

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 06:47:12 PM »
i was just thinking about the box and dj quik videos just the other day. i had pulled up some of his old videos and i swear i was like wow, i havnt seen some of those videos since they were played on the box. lol.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 07:43:28 PM »
the box was the shit...i loved that channel.

yell

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »
It wasn't really that crazy. It was just the type of music that was popular at the time.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

acgrundy

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 07:58:53 PM »

yeah it was before napster was really started.  At the time maybe napster was around, but if it was it was very small.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 01:05:43 AM »

yeah it was before napster was really started.  At the time maybe napster was around, but if it was it was very small.

yeah today everybody and their mother downloads.

They didnt back then.

bouli77

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 01:21:14 AM »
Napster was fucking HUGE in 2000, I think that's when they peaked, then they were sued and became a legal downloading outlet and KaZaa took over. People weren't downloading like nowadays but that's when the industry started freaking out. I remember back in '01 there was an Eastsidaz - Deuces & Trayz ad on Napster btw lol.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2011, 01:54:30 AM »
crips were in style back then.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 06:22:48 AM »

still wasnt that popular. i think on average people used limewire bearshare and what not more around 2004-2005. im glad this album went platinum . the industry needs to go back to those days. somebody needs to get smart nd fuk up all piratebay demonoid servers like they did ps3 online and have nobody illegally downloading anything.

thing is, if you shut down one thing, new sources pop up

itzkarl813

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 06:44:28 AM »
yeah Napster was all over the place in 00-02.... After words I would use WinMX or Soulseek, carefree days..

crankdemon

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 07:15:00 AM »

[/quote]

[/quote]
thing is, if you shut down one thing, new sources pop up
[/quote]
fuck outta here/ thats a bullshit ass excuse not to try it. look at google crackin down on spammers makin that shit harder to do. they just need to work fuckin hard and the industry should be putting all theyre money behind it!! unless we're just gonna keep movin on lettin these controversial sellouts to get paid.

Eazy-Duz-It

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Follow me on Twitter @Jam_Starr
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 08:32:22 AM »
Most albums that went platinum back in the 90's/early 00's wouldn't have went platinum if they were released today.

It's a sign of the times...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2011, 09:15:12 AM »
Yeah, I was happy to see that the first Eastsidaz album went platinum.  Snoop had really found himself again around 99-2001 and the West Coast had a little bit of a revival during that period.   Xzibit's Restless LP was another album I was really happy to see go platinum during that period. 

Platinum West Coast albums from that time...

Eastsidaz
Xzibit- Restless LP
Snoop-  The Last Meal
Dr. Dre- 2001

what else?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)