Author Topic: Looking back, it's crazy that Eastsidaz went platinum  (Read 1605 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Looking back, it's crazy that Eastsidaz went platinum
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2011, 04:56:14 PM »
It always makes me laugh when people claim album sales don't suffer from the Internet. When 15 years ago going gold was considered a failure for major labels. Now you got people like Rick Ross who's never gone past gold and people claim is a huge artist.

To put everything in perspective consider how huge lil Waynes buzz was during the build up to Carter 3 and lollipop dominating charts. Lil Wayne was the biggest artist on the planet. But guess what? Lil Wayne doesn't even have the highest selling album in cash money history. Juvenile does. Juvenile had maybe a quarter of the buzz back then that Wayne had at that time.

Yeah but 400 Degreez shits on any Wayne album ever, and it's not even close.  So saying that downloading is the only reason is a joke.  People wanna blame downloading, but quality has declined considerably.  So if Wayne is the biggest rap star on the planet, that's a pretty sad state for hip hop.  I have purchased hundreds if not over 1000 cd's, and the amount that I purchase or download has decreased drastically, at least as far as mainstream shit goes.  That's cuz it's all shit.  Mainstream didn't used to always suck.