Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 207 times)

Small Change Willy

• Lil Geezy
Quick Question
« on: June 09, 2011, 11:09:20 PM »
It might of gone over my head or something but what provoked this?

Obviously the whole Dre/Cold 187um G-Funk inventor argument but what made him diss Kurupt and I guess he kinda dissed Snoop but gave him props most of the time.

Were there any specific disses towards Kokane and Cold 187 from the Death Row camp?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 12:46:59 AM by Small Change Willy »

awol22222

Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 11:54:30 PM »
Do you even know about the whole Ruthless Vs Death Row feud?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:56:33 PM by horchatax3 »

Small Change Willy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 12:07:39 AM »

So it was just a Eazy-E troops thing?

Lol @ you being a smartass about it. Just say that. I was looking for somewhere, where they specifically dissed Kokane or Cold 187

awol22222

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 12:17:20 AM »

Lol @ you being a smartass about it. Just say that. I was looking for somewhere, where they specifically dissed Kokane or Cold 187
During the Ruthless Vs Death Row feud, everybody was dissing each other. DPG dissed Bone and they weren't even part of the feud.

Small Change Willy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 12:41:28 AM »

During the Ruthless Vs Death Row feud, everybody was dissing each other. DPG dissed Bone and they weren't even part of the feud.

Looking back at what I originally put in the thread, I see where I went wrong. I should of asked if there was anywhere specifically where they diss Cold 187 and Kokane. My bad

Yes, I know the whole Ruthless thing. I was just wondering if they ever dissed Kokane on wax.

Nice, guess I can edit my original post.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 12:43:06 AM by Small Change Willy »

bouli77

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 02:10:11 AM »
It was a strictly Ruthless VS Death Row diss, nothing personal. I mean Cold187 has said that Warren G would sleep on his couch and that he eventually introduced him to Snoop. So Snoop was basically an artist developed by Hutch in the beginning, when Def Row was slated to be a Ruthless sub-label. So I guess they really had nothing against each other but the fact that they were on different labels now. Also Kokane has spoken on the issue on a dubcnn interview I think where he said him & Snoop were friends from the ruthless days.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 06:36:12 AM »

Looking back at what I originally put in the thread, I see where I went wrong. I should of asked if there was anywhere specifically where they diss Cold 187 and Kokane. My bad

Yes, I know the whole Ruthless thing. I was just wondering if they ever dissed Kokane on wax.

I'm no joke who the fuck you tryin to provoke
(1-8-7)It's cool how his ass got smoked
clamin' you're kokane or cavi when you blow up?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_mbc7WX4bRw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_mbc7WX4bRw</a>

Small Change Willy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 01:48:46 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_mbc7WX4bRw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_mbc7WX4bRw</a>

I've heard that song a few times but never caught those lines.

Thanks

2euce 7even

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 06:17:44 PM »
Also Kokane has spoken on the issue on a dubcnn interview I think where he said him & Snoop were friends from the ruthless days.
can some1 find me that interview/part?please

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 07:12:42 PM »
Kurupt had the coldest ruthless disses back then...

"Aint got no love for no hoes in harmony"

"(187) its cold how his ass got smoked"

"Claimin your kokane or cavi when you blow up"

"Tha row aint lynchin and the pound aint mobbin"

That last one wasn't a ruthless diss but still.

That's interesting that cold 187 said warren g was sleeping on his couch, why wasn't he at dre's house? And he claimed to have introduced warren and snoop?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

bouli77

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 12:29:46 AM »
well it's from a dubcnn interview, the second part was never published.

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/bighutch08-part1/

Dubcnn: That’s deep…. real deep. Earlier [in the interview] you said something like Snoop actually started out at Ruthless?

Yeah, he did, he was brought to us by Warren G – Warren G used to sleep on my floor, he used to always tell me about this kid named Snoop, I said we’ll reach out, man, you know what I’m saying, lets give him a call, so Snoop came, he reached out, he’s incredible, you know and so we started developing some ideas for Snoop. What happened in the situation was the camp broke up. They ended up deciding to go with Dre; we ended up deciding to stay at Ruthless, so there it is.

Dubcnn: I never knew that part of the story…

That’s real talk. He [Snoop] was always around and Dr. Dre came and asked me what I thought about him, he said I’m thinking about fucking with dude, what do you think about him? I was like, he’s incredible, he can pop out freestyles like crazy, you know what I’m saying, I’d fuck with him, he’s like oh, ok. He was already on the wire, I tell you the truth, he was already on the wire. If you notice, if you look at the Deep Cover soundtrack I have music on the Deep Cover soundtrack as well as Snoop. That’s another thing; I was supposed to be on the Deep Cover record. They just imitated my voice. That’s why he say it like that “cause it’s 187 on an undercover cop”. You know, it’s time for the truth to be told, I know it’s gonna hurt a lot of people but it needs to be told.

awol22222

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 01:01:29 AM »

You forgot one:
"I don't drink no fuckin V.S.O.P., I drink the motherfuckin O.G., O-E"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 02:46:32 AM »
yeah yeah you're right.