Author Topic: the "who REALLY produced that Dre beat" thread  (Read 1421 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: the "who REALLY produced that Dre beat" thread
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 11:31:18 PM »
No maybe its dre that needs to learn what it means to produce.

Just blaze, timbaland, neptunes, khalil, quik, etc etc etc all produce songs by MAKING THE DAMN BEAT. Dre is the only one that's allowed to mix and arrange the orders of things and get production credit.
Quik has said himself that producing isn't just making a beat. If Dre doesn't know what it means to produce, why do the majority of the people you just named view him as either the greatest or one of the top producers in hip-hop?

MIC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 12:09:26 AM »
Daz produced one half of Doggystyle, Warren G did the other  ::)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: rehab
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 03:01:13 AM »

Just blaze, timbaland, neptunes, khalil, quik, etc etc etc all produce songs by MAKING THE DAMN BEAT. Dre is the only one that's allowed to mix and arrange the orders of things and get production credit.

Then I guess you'll be surprised to learn that a lot of big name producers aren't solely responsible for the beats they produce. Timbaland and Kanye both use coproducers for starters, as well as teams of musicians. And I'd be willing to best most of the others do as well. The thing is for those producers there aren't hardcore groupies scouring over production credits trying to figure out who did what and reading every interview from every no-name they've ever been associated with.
Khalil works with musicians too

Quik has said himself that producing isn't just making a beat. If Dre doesn't know what it means to produce, why do the majority of the people you just named view him as either the greatest or one of the top producers in hip-hop?
it's because people speak on things they have no clue of.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 06:09:45 AM »
Get the hate out of your eyes people. How can you think that Dre isnt a producer? Music is never made by one man, beat is hardly ever made so too (Im talkin about the good ones), you need a bunch of people to work on music, and Dre takes it to another level. Thats his part and he does it great.

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 06:26:56 AM »
LayLaw - "Cali Love Remix"
Neff - U - "If I Cant"
Neff - U - "Say What You Say"
Neff - U - "My Dads Gone Crazy"
Neff - U - "Back Down"
Chris The Glove Taylor - "Doggy Dogg World"
Chris The Glove Taylor - "Stranded on Death Row"
Chris The Glove Taylor - "Hello"
Chris The Glove Taylor - "XXplosive"
Daz - "Aint no Fun"
Daz - "Rat-a-tat-tat"
Daz - "High Powered"
Daz - "Serial Killa"
Sam Sneed - "Keep thier heads ringing"
Scott Storch - "Still D.R.E"
Mike Elizondo and Tommy Coster Jr - "The Real Slim Shady" (Eminem even confirmed in his book that Dre wasnt even in the studio when they made that beat., he came in after everything had been laid down, and just added some drums to it)

And thats just whats been made public  :grumpy:. Dre is a fraud

And for all the dre groupies saying that its impossible for him to be getting away with it for 20+ plus, it is possible when you have the money, power and right people behind you
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 06:30:22 AM by Cross Em Out »

Gaz

• Lil Geezy
  • True To The Game
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 06:31:14 AM »
You've got to look all these guys track records without Dre, hardly any of them stand out. Yella, Mel Man, Sam Sneed, Barney Rubble, Focus...

I dont know what goes on in Dre's studio and neither does anyone else on here but he is clearly doing something right. At the end of the day i couldnt care less. He's not taking any cash out my pocket as long as some decent music comes out of it all, i've got my problems to worry about.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 06:41:37 AM »
Simple way to tell all these dudes who say Dre aint produce nothing is to listen to their beats when Dres around and listen to em when hes not.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 06:42:14 AM »
You've got to look all these guys track records without Dre, hardly any of them stand out. Yella, Mel Man, Sam Sneed, Barney Rubble, Focus...

I dont know what goes on in Dre's studio and neither does anyone else on here but he is clearly doing something right. At the end of the day i couldnt care less. He's not taking any cash out my pocket as long as some decent music comes out of it all, i've got my problems to worry about.

I disagree - Sam Sneed, Mel Man and especially Focus..., Daz and Warren G are all strong producers in thier own right. Dogg Food and Regulate G Funk Era were just as good and Chronic and Doggystyle, and they were both done without Dre's involvement
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 06:44:14 AM by Cross Em Out »

shmosh

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 06:54:46 AM »
natural born killers:  sam sneed

A good example here of how Dre changes beats. Listen to 'The Heist' by Sam Sneed. This is the original NBK beat he gave Dre which then became NBK*. it is almost a completely different beat, only the bass groove is the same.

The Heist:

Dre does not 'steal' other people's beats.

* This was confirmed by Sam Sneed in interviews and when I have spoken to him myself.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 07:03:07 AM »

Sam Sneed was an amazing producer during that era and Focus has some dope beats too.

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Gaz

• Lil Geezy
  • True To The Game
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 08:00:57 AM »

I disagree - Sam Sneed, Mel Man and especially Focus..., Daz and Warren G are all strong producers in thier own right. Dogg Food and Regulate G Funk Era were just as good and Chronic and Doggystyle, and they were both done without Dre's involvement

Dogg Food was not done without Dre's involvement, he mixed every track. Daz is a decent producer but his best work was done with Dre when he was around Dre. Sam Sneed Mel Man and Focus have the odd good beat here and there but nothing spectacular.

Regulate, great album no doubt. But look at Dre's career, NWA, Death Row, Aftermath albums that cant be a coincidence. He cant have 20+ year career on stealing credit.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 08:25:12 AM »
you can say the exact opposite, how many tracks on Death Row that were Dre produced and not credited, especially on Dogg Food

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 10:25:19 AM »
you can say the exact opposite, how many tracks on Death Row that were Dre produced and not credited, especially on Dogg Food
but that doesn't fit the dr.dre is a thief, tunnel vision.
http://www.cover.dk/blog/motherfuckers-who-forgot-about-dre

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 10:38:09 AM »
Daz's best work wasn't done with dre. What about all eyez on me? What about raw? What about the mike dean days?

Daz's weakness is obviously not being able to properly mix songs consider quik and mike dean saved him the numerous songs I mentioned. But when has dre made dope street bangers like "whatcha talkin bout" or "my system"?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 10:43:55 AM »
Daz's best work wasn't done with dre. What about all eyez on me? What about raw? What about the mike dean days?

Daz's weakness is obviously not being able to properly mix songs consider quik and mike dean saved him the numerous songs I mentioned. But when has dre made dope street bangers like "whatcha talkin bout" or "my system"?

daz really had the industry fooled for a hot second thinking he was a musician of some sort...this nigga can program drums and knock out some basslines every now and again and thats pretty much where it stops.

thats why as soon as he departed from deathrow you didnt hear that deathrow big money sound again from daz...the closest hes got was working with mike dean.

anytime yall was hearing them moog synths and shit that cats seem so partial too on them songs that was soopafly that fly percussion was barney rubble and butch....take that shit out of a daz beat and whats left? some drums and a bassline.