Author Topic: the "who REALLY produced that Dre beat" thread  (Read 1436 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: the "who REALLY produced that Dre beat" thread
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 01:01:24 PM »
Daz's best work wasn't done with dre. What about all eyez on me? What about raw? What about the mike dean days?

Daz's weakness is obviously not being able to properly mix songs consider quik and mike dean saved him the numerous songs I mentioned. But when has dre made dope street bangers like "whatcha talkin bout" or "my system"?
But let's be real. The Death Row credits were fucked up. You really think nobody was getting shook for credits on the songs Daz produced? 

Honestly, his resume on post-Death Row projects isn't too far off from Dre, he always has a co-producer or two. He had Mike Dean on the early DPG Recordz catalog and Ivan Johnson on the more recent stuff. And that's okay. Everybody has people contributing to their tracks. These "super producers" don't sit around and conceive all this shit from start to finish.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 01:22:01 PM »
Good point.

Hell we may never knew who really produced what on death row. Were just now finding out quik was involved with dogg food and tha doggfather
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 03:58:14 PM »
DJ Quik also co produced "Skandalouz". He played the keys, did the talkbox and had a bass guitarist play on the track too. He ended up doing a bunch of shit on Pacs album and didnt get credit apart from "Heartz Of Men".

Jimmy H.

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »
It seems like the rule of thumb at Death Row was they were only crediting the people they had under contract in most cases. If I recall, wasn't Soopafly doing a lot of work when he first went over there but didn't see any credit until he signed to the label?

sprite

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 05:15:39 PM »
the best partner Dre ever worked with was Mel-Man

his drums were  the shit

bouli77

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2011, 02:02:07 AM »
emmanuel dean was involved in "gin & juice" & "what's my name"

Gaz

• Lil Geezy
  • True To The Game
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2011, 05:40:06 AM »
Daz's best work wasn't done with dre. What about all eyez on me? What about raw? What about the mike dean days?

That's just opinion. In my opinion Daz' best work was Dogg Food.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 07:36:36 AM »
you can say the exact opposite, how many tracks on Death Row that were Dre produced and not credited, especially on Dogg Food
but that doesn't fit the dr.dre is a thief, tunnel vision.

lmao @ this euro getting butt hurt because the guy he named his board name after is a fraud
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2011, 02:26:47 PM »
you can say the exact opposite, how many tracks on Death Row that were Dre produced and not credited, especially on Dogg Food
but that doesn't fit the dr.dre is a thief, tunnel vision.

lmao @ this euro getting butt hurt because the guy he named his board name after is a fraud

who the fuck you tryin to provoke(187)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/atXFgGGSqTI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/atXFgGGSqTI</a>
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 02:30:06 PM by From Dre-Day to Nate Day »

Okka

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2011, 02:59:24 PM »
^ :)
dre produces/orchestrates his own music.
all of these other guys are just his music-tools
let it go already

Keep their heads ringin, wasn't always rumored Sam Sneed or Barney Rubble did that

all i know j-flexx wrote it for dre.

a lot of those rhymes were written by RBX

Where did you hear that from?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2011, 03:02:29 PM »
Kinda sorta ot:

Anyone else remember reading that rumor that dre was actually done with detox in around 03-04 but all the ghost producers got together and took a stand against dre stealing their beats and that's what eventually led to detox being pushed back so much?

Now I have no inside sources or anything but on the outside looking in, sounds pretty believable when you consider...

1. The source article about neff-u, big chuck, melman, etc leaving and forming their own music group cuz they were tired of not being credited for their work

2. Dre has officially released 2 singles from detox and neither of them were produced by dre

Hmmm

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2011, 03:34:09 PM »
so basically, is Dre still a producer or a guy who takes other ppls beats and "touches them up" so to speak?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

love33

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2011, 04:57:25 PM »
"Got My Mind Made Up" This track was supposeably one of the cuts that contributed to the Pac/Dre beef and also might have contributed to the Daz/Dre low-key beef where Dre won't work with Daz anymore

Kurupt: The original record was me, Rage, Redman, Method Man and Daz. I told Daz, "Man,
this is the one, we need to drop this, we need to put this on Dogg Food." 'Cause we did it
when we was making Dogg Food. When 'Pac came home, we put it up for 'Pac, like "You
want this record?" 'Pac was like "Hell, yeah, I want that record!" And he dropped his verse
where Rage's was, 'cause Rage said she'd put her verse on something else, and that's how that
record made it on 'Pac's album. Me, Method Man and Redman and Daz and Rage-that was the
original record, and Inspectah Deck was on it at the end. That's him you hear at the end:
"Wish....this....bliss...."Thaat's inspectah Deck. I went and picked up Red and Meth and Deck
personally and too them to Daz's house. We knocked the record off in about three, four hours.
It was a done deal, and then we....we didn't use it, 'cause Daz wasn't feeling like mixing it and
doing all that. We end up taking it to 'Pac when 'Pac came 'cause Suge was like, "When it's
time to work on a project, everybody needs to give everything to whoever's project it is."

Daz: We did that song at my house. Kurupt had brought Method Man and Redman over to my
house. And Inspectah Deck was on the song too. He was at the end-"I.N.S., the rebel...." Just
his voice. They had taken his voice. They had taken his verse out and kept the background
'cause it sounded good. It wasn't originally 2pac song. I had transferred it at Dr. Dre's house
and had left it out there. [2pac was] flossing like. "I got a beat with Method Man, Redman.
Dre made it." That's what Dr. Dre told 2pac. That's how the whole fued started between Dre
and 'Pac. 'Cause I happened to be walking by the studio like, "That's my beat. I did that." 2pac
[was] like, "that's your stuff?" from that situation, that's when he and Dre started fueding. Dr.
Dre was taking credit and wasn't doing nothing, wasn't coming around.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2011, 05:59:25 PM »
Suge was like, "When it's
time to work on a project, everybody needs to give everything to whoever's project it is."

That's a hell of a support system. Having that many talented artist chipping in on every project. Hate on suge all you want but he got shit done.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2011, 06:39:28 PM »
GB thats wat i be sayin about Suge.  He most definitely shouldnt have been tha CEO but dude served an important service and role to Death Row Records, so important that ex-members still dont quite grasp it all tha way to this day.  I understand Suge's genius tho, i get it but it goes right over people's head that they just left there wondering lame to tha game.  On topic tho, Dr. Dre just aint tha Dr. Dre we've all known, loved, and obsessed with over tha years tragically.