Author Topic: the "who REALLY produced that Dre beat" thread  (Read 1445 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: the "who REALLY produced that Dre beat" thread
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »
In Dre's defense tho there's ALOT OF DIFFERENT stories about wat was goin on over at Death Row, if u read alot of em alot of people tell alot of different stories about wat was happenin and who did what.  Just look at ''california love'' for example.  I just hope one day we'll all get to hear wat Dre says about all of this.  There's two sides to ever story and alot of times THE TRUTH is complex and its not so black and white.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 08:14:36 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg™ »

For Teh Lulz

• 'G'
  • No , not really.
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2011, 07:11:31 PM »
hmmm , this has nothing to do with the thread ... I should be an A&R i know shit anyways.. if dre wants to release the 'first' single of detox the beat should be in the same vein as Jay-z's "Trouble" .. it should be more 'bangy'? and it should feature T.I and Gilbere Forte (The guy from alors on danse remix) and Frank Ocean.
CAN I HAZ D;

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2011, 07:39:37 PM »
tanner is that you?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2011, 07:40:54 PM »
Nah hollywood I've always agreed with what you said. Suge was very necessary. His mistakes were bringing too many niggas and unnecessary drama to the table, and turning his back on dre. But as we see from aftermath, dre as a ceo doesn't get much done. But when suge was on his game the whole west got to eat. You could even see that when he tried to rebuild Tha Row, but by then he was already eternally blackballed.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2011, 08:09:04 PM »
Nah hollywood I've always agreed with what you said. Suge was very necessary. His mistakes were bringing too many niggas and unnecessary drama to the table, and turning his back on dre. But as we see from aftermath, dre as a ceo doesn't get much done. But when suge was on his game the whole west got to eat. You could even see that when he tried to rebuild Tha Row, but by then he was already eternally blackballed.
I agree with most of what you said. But in hindsight, who was really eating on the West? People were working alright but at their peak, Death Row was worth well over $100 million and yet Pac died owing them money, Snoop left with nothing and still owing them albums, and all those guys who wrote and helped on a lot of those albums got dicked out of publishing. Comparing Dre's predicament at Aftermath to what happened with Death Row is two different things. I mean, in the last years of that label, how many albums were they pushing out?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2011, 08:20:22 PM »
I agree with most of what you said. But in hindsight, who was really eating on the West? People were working alright but at their peak, Death Row was worth well over $100 million and yet Pac died owing them money, Snoop left with nothing and still owing them albums, and all those guys who wrote and helped on a lot of those albums got dicked out of publishing. Comparing Dre's predicament at Aftermath to what happened with Death Row is two different things. I mean, in the last years of that label, how many albums were they pushing out?

i get wat u sayin' but (here's tha but) Suge had a GIFT for pickin' talent and music, not a talent but a GIFT.  I can say I have a talent for pickin' out music, DJ Drama can say he has a talent for pickin' out music, same as DJ Clue and DJ Kay Slay but none of us can sit here and say for a fact that we have a GIFT (i will soon tho).  

i dont wanna sound all mushy gushy but if played the role of Executive Producer like I think he was doin then all hats off to tha man.  Suge can say the same thing Diddy can say, he has a GIFT.  There's alot more that goes into albums and mixtapes (for some people) than just picking hot beats and picking songs that could be considered "single ready".  it takes a certain something, it takes a GIFT.  that's y u always hear people talkin about "rap is so lame these days and anybody can get on" but the person YOU KNOW who's doing shit like that isn't even packin clubs.  it takes a little more than a business plan and a gimmick to make it big in this game.

suge has a gift and that's why 20 years later Death Row still sounds a little fresh verses something that sounds clearly date and only good in it's time (like an old Wu Tang record for example; not takin' nothin away from the Clan tho... some of those niggaz still make bomb ass musik)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 08:23:48 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg™ »

love33

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2011, 09:29:33 PM »

And Suge went bankrupt.... so we saw the best label of all time get cashed in on by Jimmy Iovine, Ted Fields, and all the Interscope execs who never recorded a song in their life

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2011, 09:39:49 PM »
so son since everybody is a knowitall when it comes to Dr. Dre and what he has and hasn't done then what did Dre do to this beat?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/y6nbIN1V2ec&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/y6nbIN1V2ec&amp;feature=related</a> - 50 killed that btw
&
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/MQkiIAy7EdQ&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/MQkiIAy7EdQ&amp;feature=related</a>

Now as any of you can clearly read from the credits http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=200283.0 somebody has to tell me what tha fuck it iz that they think Dr. Dre did to this track ASAP!  "Death To My Enemies" is pretty much a loop so HOW the need for 5 producers is beyond me.  

"It Could've Been You" has 6 producers/players on it PLUS 50.... somebody has to tell me what tha fuck this nigga Dr. Dre did to tha song becuz I'm not seein' it.

somebody give me/us all a LOGICAL explanation for the shit becuz I've studied engineering a little and I know the importance of an engineer/mixer.  WE do alot that is true but what tha fuck did he do (dr. dre).  you're talking about a buncha talented cats in a multimillion dollar studio, i don't think it's THAT hard to come up with something nice, something album material worthy.  

i see all u experts out there and all u people defendin' my nigga Dr. Dre but somebody has to tell me (atleast) what tha fuck was going on becuz I'm not seein' it.

let me help u somemore with "Relapse" (*assuming everybody has heard tha album in it's entirety already*)
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=216719.0

now i get tha role of a Producer, how, becuz i do tha same shit so when people are like "dre didnt make the beat but he produced it" i get it and i understand that language (i can actually UNdERSTAND these credits in "Relapse").  but let's keep this shit 1000 tho, WHAT THA FUCK DID HE DO when 9/10 your manz waz already makin music like that in tha 1st place and after u (*Scott Storch*).  

people are always like, "but what did they do after Dr. Dre?"  well my question is "what did Dr. Dre do after them?"..... "what did Dr. Dre do before them?".  just becuz u can master and mix some music in your own different way, a way that could be considered the "generic" like Bruce Springsteen's music or Soulja Boy's music for some but musically what did u actually do to tha track.... what did u do to tha song that made it soooo good?  When i hear "The Way I Am" by KnocTurnAl i'm like this sounds like a Dr. Dre beat when I heard that new WC single he released with Ice Cube i'm like "this is an interpolation" of an old skool early 2000's Dr. Dre beat.  Then i realized (and read) that Dre wasn't exactly doing everything to make the beat sound like that.  

Do i believe Dr. Dre puts his OWN touch on tha tracks and just happened to pull what Lil' Jon did (twice or 3 times according to some out there) before there was a Lil' Jon that we know today....... hell yeah.  But there's just one too many people including 2Pac (RIP) who have all said the same thing about Dr. Dre NO MATTER WHAT PERIOD OF TIME WE WERE IN (90's, 00's, and now) and homie aint came out and said ANYTHING about it,,, i dont know what world yall live in but in real life in America on planet earth we call that "suspect" (if not an all out "lyin ass nigga").  

I'm hyped for "Detox" for more than a few reasons.  1 of em being that it's gonna be tha hottest compilation since the birth of Hip Hop hands down (if i may).  

u non believers have to understand, it's not just "ex" producers and artists who are saying this.  people like Lil' Kim and Lil' Wayne are coming out tha cut saying that they've worked on "Detox".  People you've never even heard of although they have some sort've "classic resume" attached to their name have come out tha wood work and stated that they've worked on "Detox".  Everybody in the industry has practically worked on "Detox".  The only thing in Dre's defense outta all of that is no matter what at the end of the interview the nigga is like "i dont know if it'll make the final cut or not it's up to Dre".  i love Dr. Dre but i'm not a baby either, i'm very aware of what's going on in the real world lol.  shot out to Dre tho, that nigga took pimpin' to a whole new level and folks still dont even get it lol.

for u niggaz that cant put 1 and 2 together i feel sorry 4 u
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 09:41:34 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg™ »

polepositon

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2011, 09:47:23 PM »
this thread is a good read.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2011, 10:22:37 PM »
@hollywood
What I mean by the whole west got to eat is how many other artist got free promo just by being on around tha row? Quik was with the camp, the relativez and redum got put on, 2nd ii none was around, squeek ru, the list goes on. Hell he even gave real street niggas like cbo, keita rock, and cj mac opportunities.

We all know suge penny pinched the fuck out of his artist but he gave the whole west coast an opportunity (to a degree).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2011, 10:44:37 PM »
And Suge went bankrupt.... so we saw the best label of all time get cashed in on by Jimmy Iovine, Ted Fields, and all the Interscope execs who never recorded a song in their life
But Suge got PAID. According to him, he owned his masters and publishing, which means he was eating. He still had the same deal after Jimmy and Interscope bounced. Also, as far as Death Row being the "best label of all-time", I'd say Def Jam and Motown, to name just a couple, were easily bigger. In regards to the injustice that Jimmy Iovine "who never recorded a song in his life" made a killing off of Suge. Before Interscope, Jimmy was an accomplished producer who had a background in music where as Suge came from bodyguarding. When Suge started Death Row, Jimmy already had close to twenty years of in-studio experience as a producer and a recording engineer. Suge, to his credit, is undoubtly a hell of an executive and a business man, but I'm not sure how far his knowledge of music production goes.  

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2011, 11:01:41 PM »
@GB I knew wat u meant i agree.  as far as Suge musically not bringing anything to tha table i cant speak on that becuz i wasnt there but taking wat i know about producing and Suge Knight then i cant cosign wat u said.  I actually happen 2 think cuz knows a thing or two about music, more than wat we could officially ever give him credit for.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2011, 11:03:43 PM »
like i said Suge had a Gift, not just a talent.  Suge seems to know alot about psychology and energy.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2011, 11:03:57 PM »
@hollywood
What I mean by the whole west got to eat is how many other artist got free promo just by being on around tha row? Quik was with the camp, the relativez and redum got put on, 2nd ii none was around, squeek ru, the list goes on. Hell he even gave real street niggas like cbo, keita rock, and cj mac opportunities.

We all know suge penny pinched the fuck out of his artist but he gave the whole west coast an opportunity (to a degree).
What is free promo? "Eating" means you're fucking paid. You don't buy groceries with promotion. At the end of the day, if someone is recording a song that they're not getting any real money off of, they're the one doing FREE PROMO for you. Now, I can't knock Suge Knight. The dude had his shit together but at the end of the day, from what I've seen and heard, I don't think there was a single artist or producer who was a millionaire when they left Death Row.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2011, 11:07:31 PM »
thats becuz Suge and Dre are alike.