Author Topic: the "who REALLY produced that Dre beat" thread  (Read 1440 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: the "who REALLY produced that Dre beat" thread
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2011, 11:10:29 PM »
thats becuz Suge and Dre are alike.
How so?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2011, 11:18:47 PM »
thats becuz Suge and Dre are alike.
How so?

both are black, both  were in the music biz for death row

lmao
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2011, 11:27:04 PM »
They both historically have pretty much done tha same shit.  Suge leans towards violence and fear to get shit done verses Dre just being more laidback and stubborn or intimidating.  Thats why Bishop and everybody elsed left.  Its tha same thing just alot calmer i imagine, thats why weve literally only gotten 50s and Eminems albums over tha years and not everybody elses - excludin Bishops ''mixtapes''.  Same thing  Continues at DR.  we got pac,dre,and snoop only over tha years.  we're just NOW getting others

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2011, 11:28:45 PM »
Truth Hurts = The Lady of Rage

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2011, 11:55:19 PM »
I think this is pretty much common knowledge now but Death Row LITERALLY could've been tha next Mo Town or LITERALLY tha new/next Def Jam but they didnt do it that way...for a reason tho.  Alot of people/most people never really understood Suge and or Dre's method to their madness thruout all these and those years.  U ask me, i think Daz had more issues between him and Dre than Dre had between him and Suge ever really did.  We can talk circles all day about hypotheticals, but wat matters is tha end results.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2011, 11:57:10 PM »
No. They have not historically done the same shit. I'm trying to address this as best as possible but you kind of just threw out this whole, rambling concept that really doesn't make sense. You start by explaining how Dre gets shit done by being either "laidback and stubborn" or "intimidating". WHAT? Then there's this really weird use of the word "literal" where it doesn't apply. He's LITERALLY only put out Eminem and 50 Cent albums over the years? Were the Game, Busta Rhymes, and Truth Hurts projects "figurative" releases or perhaps, "methaphorical"? Let's look at your Suge-Dre comparison.

-  I'd venture to say there's a lot more publishing credits on "2001" than "The Chronic" so I would assume the guest rappers, writers, and instrument players probably got better royalty checks than the artists who contributed on "The Chronic". Mel-Man likely got a plaque when that album charted gold and platinum where Warren G didn't even get a job offer.

- Tupac and Snoop were only with the label for two albums a piece. Pac died and Snoop left. Pac ended up owing the label money and his estate had to battle them in court over it. Snoop ended up breaking his contract early and owing Suge points on all of his No Limit projects. While both were in the process of starting sub-labels, nothing developed to the point of any actual releases for either. 50 Cent had his own artist label within just a few months of his first release and has put out 10+ albums through that label and four solos on Aftermath. Eminem got a label deal on his second album, has put out six solos, and a bunch of releases through his own imprint. They both are multi-millionaires with their own deals.

Suge's strenths are the business, Dre's is music. Suge is aggressive, Dre is quiet and seemingly non-confrontantial. That's why the early days of Death Row worked very well.  

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2011, 12:07:09 AM »
busta and game's album are like the mwtc soundtrack and dogg food since youre callin me out on literal shit lol.  my point is that there was only a focus on Core artists at tha labels.  Gunit and Shady are sublabels, in other words theyre Dogg Pound Records (huge label btw).   i get wat u mean but when u boil it down its all tha same chit when u add it up.  as far as that other chit goes, youre right but its a different time today.  those gunit niggaz were simi established, NOBODY on Death Row was.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2011, 12:08:45 AM »
I think this is pretty much common knowledge now but Death Row LITERALLY could've been tha next Mo Town or LITERALLY tha new/next Def Jam but they didnt do it that way...for a reason tho.  Alot of people/most people never really understood Suge and or Dre's method to their madness thruout all these and those years.  U ask me, i think Daz had more issues between him and Dre than Dre had between him and Suge ever really did.  We can talk circles all day about hypotheticals, but wat matters is tha end results.
Why do you keep using the word, LITERALLY, in statements where the only interpretation could be literal?

I think the combination of Suge Knight and Dr. Dre had the right mix of credibility, business savy, intelligence, and music talent to where if they had chosen so, yes, they could have given Motown or Def Jam a run for their money but they didn't and were never really on the right track to. The way the label was run, I don't think it ever would have got there. When beatdowns and intimidation are going down in the offices, it's going to be a shelf life right there. You can't put a bunch of street people around and let them smack engineers for messing up tracks or slap around artists like prositutes and expect to have a long-term situation like that.  

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2011, 12:12:03 AM »
50 and Eminem had they crew and teams that were ALREADY doing shit and were gona get paid regardless, Dre didnt really have a choice and considering that they had a different sound completely it wouldve been a little difficult trying to pass it off as ''this is another dr. dre production''.  people arent retarded, even when ''my name is'' came out u knew it wasnt ALL Dre.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2011, 12:15:21 AM »
thats tha energy and psychology im talkin about tho.  thats why ppl dont get it.  think about wat Snoop said about son not having tha right people in their environment.  it all makes sense if u've been there before

Jimmy H.

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2011, 12:19:36 AM »
50 and Eminem had they crew and teams that were ALREADY doing shit and were gona get paid regardless, Dre didnt really have a choice and considering that they had a different sound completely it wouldve been a little difficult trying to pass it off as ''this is another dr. dre production''.  people arent retarded, even when ''my name is'' came out u knew it wasnt ALL Dre.
Snoop had his own crew too. So did Pac. "Murder Was The Case" was actually supposed to be the jump-off for Snoop and all his DPG/LBC artists but Suge started pushing his own acts at this point. There were enough producers and acts to get a sub-label going but it didn't work out that way. It's just not an accurate comparison.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2011, 12:22:40 AM »
thats tha energy and psychology im talkin about tho.  thats why ppl dont get it.  think about wat Snoop said about son not having tha right people in their environment.  it all makes sense if u've been there before
There's a criticial difference between Snoop saying Dre/Aftermath "don't have the right people in their environment" and saying Death Row have "the wrong people". It's a complete opposite.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2011, 12:26:18 AM »
u dont understand tha higher power Jimmy, i get it, alota people wont.  try thinking outside yourself 4 a minute tho.  People got fuckd outta money and credit (in tha few booklets dudes name is in) but theyll be immortalized forever and i dont think u get that.  thats why people to this day who r yung and old (just found this out again tha othr day) STILL know who Daz and Kurupt are and these niggaz been out tha spotlight for years in Hollywood years.  People dont really understand God or tha Devil.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2011, 12:28:35 AM »
i know i get it i sound crazy right.  i have to be reaching right.  deathrow is still today more powerful than u think and all of tha key players involved are still shining.   its just a ''new day''

Jimmy H.

« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2011, 01:07:26 AM »
Nah, bro. I'm very capable of understanding a conflicting opinion. I can even respect those I don't necessarily agree with if they're bringing a little knowledge to the table. You come off as someone who might have read a few interviews or watched this but you're still playing a part. You're talking vague in some areas hoping that misinformed people will read that as a form of intelectual way of expression. That talking over people shit like you are in the know doesn't work on me. You have a tendency to use popular expressions incorrectly, which says to me, that you absorb the oft-repeated but don't always take the time to properly decode it. You can throw out all the pseudo-philosophical babble you want but you're not even hinting at anything relevant. If you want to trade facts, we can do that. You want to go the spiritual route... I'm good with that as well. Just don't pull the back and forth routine and then act like I'm incapable of reading between the lines because I don't understand a Higher Power. You're not deep. You're confused.