Author Topic: Scavie Scoobs Of Custom Made Interview  (Read 49 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Scavie Scoobs Of Custom Made Interview
« on: June 14, 2011, 03:24:11 PM »
http://illuminati2g.com/site/2011/06/14/scavie-scoobs-interview/

I2G kicked it with Scavie Scoobs for a exclusive interview. We discuss his new street album, Trap Star, his work with Custom Made and if a follow up album is coming from the group and much more so check it out. For those that do not have Trap Star, link on one of the download links below and also check out Scavie’s new video, Trap Star.
Scavie Scoobs (of Custom Made) returns with a new promo video from his latest mixtape Trap Star. The video was filmed and edited by D-Dimes (of The Hustle Boyz) and the track was produced by THX.

Scavie Scoobs – “Trap Star” |

Scavie Scoobs – Trap Star Vol. 1 (320k MP3)

link 1: http://www.scaviescoobs.bandcamp.com (Bandcamp)
link 2: http://www.zshare.net/download/871719742a0548f9/ (zSHARE)
link 3: http://www.mediafire.com/?rank7r850i51vpo (MediaFire)

Illuminati 2G is here with Scavie Scoobs how’s it going man?
Just chillin man, slow motion.

You just recently dropped your new street album entitled Trap Star. Tell me a little bit about the album and how it differs from your work with Custom Made.

Trap Star is what I bring to the table as far as Custom Made. I have been doing Custom Made projects since 2002 so stepping aside and doing my own, I got to showcase what I like to do and my personality as a artist and what I bring to the table.

To me it is more of a street album, more gangsta rap because that is the essence of what I do. At the same time, it is still lyrical and real music but it is alot more street orientated. With Custom Made projects, we bring more the conscious side, but we also bring the street side and we might throw some political stuff in there as well.

When I do my own stuff, I want to thug it out. At the same time I am also bringing that fly, lavish shit, the LA lifestyle I am bringing all that to the table. That is what I represent and what I stand for, I am just a young cat out here getting my money and doing what I do.

Do you have any other singles or videos set to drop from the project?

I am gonna drop a video for Back On My Bullshit that I did with Element. I am going to do a video for These Days, which Element is also on that song too, on the hook. Might be doing a video for Fresh Out, those are the videos I have lined up right now.

How has the feedback been from the streets on Trap Star since it dropped?

The feedback has been great so far, I mean I could not even ask for a better response. I really have not been getting any negative responses and alot of people tell me they like this project more then the Custom Made projects.

I like hearing that and that is the kind of feedback that I wanted. I wanted to do something different and I have some reviews coming back soon so we will see what the critics are saying about the album.

I did this project for the streets, for my fans and the people that follow Custom Made. I did it for me too at the end of the day, but I am also not going to just make street music or film all of my videos in the hood. For my first project though I wanted to and I did because it is my first solo album and I wanted to do it for the streets.

That is what I rep and that is the essence of where I come from. You can expect a different aspect from me in the future, but for my first project, fuck it. For the streets.

That kind of leads right into my next question. What is up next for you project wise? Another Custom Made album or another mixtape or solo album from you?

I am working on Trap Star 2 and I actually already had this album finished first but I decided to do the first Trap Star instead. Trap Star 2 was already written before all of these songs were completed, so I will be dropping that. It will still be on some street shit, but at the same time it will be different.

I will have a different aspect that I will bring on that project. More upbeat and fun songs but definitely showcase a different side of Scoobs. I am always working with Custom Made, those are my brothers. We are going to do another album because it is Custom Made for life. Element is working on his solo album right now, and I am working on some tracks with him for that. The Custom Made album should be dropping by the end of this year.

What are your thoughts right now on west coast hip hop?

To be honest, I think west coast hip hop is in a good state right now. I mean I am not saying it is in the best state ever or anything like that, but it is in alot better state then what it used to be. If you go 5-7 years back, we were in a shitty ass state. Now we have alot of talent out here and cats are getting recognized.

Me, I come from a MC background and I like artists that can actually RAP. I think you have to make good music, but at the same time why can’t you rap also? You should be able to be a well rounded MC and artist, and not just saying you have to be a underground rapper. You should be able to rap and write good hooks and make good music.

Right now if you look at the artists that are out, especially from LA, Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Bad Lucc, Mac Lucci from the Hustle Boyz, Problem, Glasses Malone. The whole Top Dawg team is pretty dope, Schoolboy Q and Ab Soul, I like everybody that I have been hearing coming out from LA so I think that we have alot of potential right now.

I think it is only going to get better, it has been a slow process for us but it is what it is. I am not looking for handouts or making excuses for anything, but if cats are not paying attention to what we are doing they should because we have alot of dope music coming out.

Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

Right now we are setting up a Custom Made tour overseas but besides that we are always doing local shows in LA.

What is your website information?

www.custommadehiphop.com

http://twitter.com/scoobscmade

http://www.facebook.com/cmadescoobs

Alright well that is all the questions I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

I just want to shout out the whole LA area, everyone that is supporting the movement, me and the project that I have out. Shout out to Custom Made, that is my squad and who I represent. Shout out to the streets and the hood, and basically if you don’t like my shit, fuck you. Good looking out I appreciate it. I make music for me and people that like real shit. Shout out to the real hip hop culture and I am a real hip hop head and even though I do gangsta rap shit, I love real hip hop. C Made forever, this shit is forever and it ain’t never going to stop.

Shout out to Illuminati 2G for hitting me up for the interview, I appreciate that for real man. Much respect.

Anytime you need anything from us, you let us know. Appreciate your time, your music, and keep doing what you are doing man.

Good looking I appreciate that for real.