Author Topic: lyrically ross >>> jeezy  (Read 1140 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: lyrically ross >>> jeezy
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2011, 02:39:32 AM »
And screwface has a point. You might as well say man drumma boy ain't dope if you want hot southern production listento premo. Premo, lb and the like don't make southern music. Every region has a sound and being from there doesn't mean you have to make that music but thiers a big difference between someone who makes southern music and someone who happened to be born there. The same way the west or east have distinctive sounds. Jay elec makes eastcoast hip hop he just happens to be from the south. So I'm not going to listen to him if I want some dirty south I'm going to listen to him when I want done eastcoast shit.listening to jay elec when I want a hot southern act is like listening to black eyed peas when I want some westcoast shit

This is one of the stupidest posts ever. Why is this the only music genre where regions are associated with sounds? Hip hop retards make it so.

How is Jay Electronica making east coast hip hop? The nigga sounds like no one else out. His whole buzz came from the fact he was doing creative ass shit that sounded like nothing else out. Oh wait, it must be because he's not a halfass rapper over trap beats. I get it. Any rapper with talent doing shit that sounds different from the norm must be doing "east coast music"  ::)

Stupid opinions like yours is the reason the west coast is dead. Clear Channel can flood the airwaves with one style of song for a couple years and suddenly you have idiots thinking that's what it means to be from a coast. Thanks for being the cause of our watered down music, asshole.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2011, 05:20:13 AM »
what is this thread, the who's who of southern mediocrity? You want hot shit from the south? Little Brother, Cunninlynguists, Jay Electronica, Outkast, Big Krit are better than anyone mentioned thus far.

you want hot shit from the south? you want backpacker approved acts with no southern sounding identity? (oh and outkast and big krit)

the NY/west/bay bias against the south is really fucking sad

What the fuck is a southern identity?

you REALLY dont notice that they make east coast music????

Blood$

« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2011, 09:16:53 AM »
what is this thread, the who's who of southern mediocrity? You want hot shit from the south? Little Brother, Cunninlynguists, Jay Electronica, Outkast, Big Krit are better than anyone mentioned thus far.

you want hot shit from the south? you want backpacker approved acts with no southern sounding identity? (oh and outkast and big krit)

the NY/west/bay bias against the south is really fucking sad

What the fuck is a southern identity?

you REALLY dont notice that they make east coast music????

he does but admitting so defeats the purpose of his trolling

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2011, 10:19:09 AM »
LOL@ denying the existence of regional sounds they exist in ALL forms of music. Go down to new Orleans and go tell some jazz musicians or any for that matter thier a bunch of idiots who have watered down thier region and that a new Orleans sound doesn't exist. See how fast you get run out of town. Thanks for proving your an idiot.

Also thanks for proving your bias for eastcoast and bias against southern music with this line " Any rapper with talent doing shit that sounds different from the norm must be doing "east coast music" "

Blood$

« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2011, 10:25:18 AM »
word I was gonna bring up how rock had all different regions in the beginning too (New Orleans, Texas, San Francisco, etc.) but thank God somebody else was thinking logically too lol

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2011, 10:40:18 AM »
youd think someone repping THE BAY would understand the idea of regional hip-hop lol

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2011, 11:40:25 AM »
LOL@ denying the existence of regional sounds they exist in ALL forms of music. Go down to new Orleans and go tell some jazz musicians or any for that matter thier a bunch of idiots who have watered down thier region and that a new Orleans sound doesn't exist. See how fast you get run out of town. Thanks for proving your an idiot.

Also thanks for proving your bias for eastcoast and bias against southern music with this line " Any rapper with talent doing shit that sounds different from the norm must be doing "east coast music" "

Jazz is an entire music genre, genius. Not the defining sound of New Orleans.

You are the reason hip hop is dead. To you cornballs southern music is trap, west coast music is g funk, and the east coast sound is....well apparently any nigga that has skills and doesn't rap over g funk or trap beats.

You know why New York has never been accused of being watered down? Because idiotic fans don't pigeonhole them into one sound. Nas is east coast. Wu Tang is east coast. 50 Cent is east coast. And they also have completely different styles. You hip hop nerds need to stop pigeonholing west coast and east coast into single generic sounds.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2011, 11:45:09 AM »

btw someone please tell me how this is an east coast sound? Southern rappers sampling a famous southern musician and rapping about the south. Fuck outta here with that. You nerds like to label anything that isn't trap or g funk as east coast.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2011, 04:41:02 PM »
Spice does have a point when he says people assume all Southern music is trap & all West is G-Funk.

But trap music sucks. Even if I lived that lifestyle, it still wouldn't appeal to me. It's just slow ass, simple ass music.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2011, 01:02:23 AM »
I don't know if your purposely being dense or just don't know how to read.

I said go to new Orleans and tell some jazz musicians...

I didn't say only new Orleans has jazz nor did I say it isn't a genre. I frankly can't believe your actually this dumb.

You said only rap music gets the regional sound labels when it CLEARLY isnt. If you followed any music OTHER then rap you would know this. Like I said go to new Orleans talk to some of the local jazz musicians and tell them that thier is no such thing as a regional sound. You will literally be laughed out of the area.Tell them thier is no such thing as southern jazz, that it's all the same.

Go to Nashville and talk to some country musicians and tell them  they have no regional sound.

I'm guessing you only listen to rap and have never travelled outside your own state.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2011, 01:09:47 AM »
Spice does have a point when he says people assume all Southern music is trap & all West is G-Funk.

But trap music sucks. Even if I lived that lifestyle, it still wouldn't appeal to me. It's just slow ass, simple ass music.

The man is denying the existence of regional sounds lmao. He doesn't have a leg to stand on in this conversation.He wants to come off as intelligent but in this thread he's coming out like an idiot. I literally have never seen a person try to deny the fact regions have a sound before.

Dude is just butthurt that when people think of westcoast they think of g funk and they don't think of the mediocre underground artists he listens to.Same goes with every region.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 01:12:52 AM by Jaydc is back »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2011, 01:22:30 AM »
I'm not agreeing. He's certainly wrong in denying regional sounds. However, when people are saying Little Brother & CunninLynguists aren't really Southern because they don't make the same sounding music as Ross or Jeezy that's crazy.

Wayne, Luda, Jeezy & Little Brother are all Southern artists; all with different style. But I wouldn't say Jeezy sticks to what Southern music "should" sound like. Basically my point, no artist "should" have to sound like any other artist from a region to be considered more or less an artist of that region.

bouli77

« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2011, 03:45:28 AM »
so true...fiend is dope as fuck id love to hear a whole album with him and mystikal.

No limit had tons of filler but if you sift through it thiers some genuinely amazing music.

Where is mystikal I'm waiting on an album now that he's out

absolutely...c murders life or death is constantly in my cd rotation the 2nd album by tru is one of the rawest southern rap albums ever.

which TRU album are you talking about ? TRUE or TRU 2 Da Game ? 'cause a lot of people don't include Who's Da Killer (or even Understanding the criminal mind for that matter) when dealing with TRU, so it's hard to know what albums people are talking about. True is a classic to me, never really felt Tru 2 Da Game, but that's because i'm not really into bounce music.

Quote from: Chamillitary Click, literally.
I'm not agreeing. He's certainly wrong in denying regional sounds. However, when people are saying Little Brother & CunninLynguists aren't really Southern because they don't make the same sounding music as Ross or Jeezy that's crazy.

Wayne, Luda, Jeezy & Little Brother are all Southern artists; all with different style. But I wouldn't say Jeezy sticks to what Southern music "should" sound like. Basically my point, no artist "should" have to sound like any other artist from a region to be considered more or less an artist of that region.

agreed.