Author Topic: Apocalypse: End of the World  (Read 205 times)

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Apocalypse: End of the World
« on: January 14, 2003, 10:06:13 AM »
I know different religions have different views on how the world began.  I am interested in finding out how each religion has a theory or belief in how the World will end, or humans will be extinct.  I wanna find out Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, and other religion's beliefs of the apocalypse.  So, if ya'll can post up what you or your religion believes, I'd appreciate it.

PEACE

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Re:Apocalypse: End of the World
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2003, 10:22:39 AM »
Im a Sikh, im not certain if we beleive in an Apocalypse and shit like that. And honestly, I stopped caring about it, I mean, people worry about death, and the end of the world, when they aint even living yet ...just live your life to the fullest, take care of yourself and others, be good, and have faith, thats all that really matters, peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2003, 10:27:09 AM »
Im a Sikh, im not certain if we beleive in an Apocalypse and shit like that. And honestly, I stopped caring about it, I mean, people worry about death, and the end of the world, when they aint even living yet ...just live your life to the fullest, take care of yourself and others, be good, and have faith, thats all that really matters, peace

-{bLaDe}

Nice advice...thanks Blade...

I'm not familiar with Sikh's beliefs or anything.  I thought ALL religions had a theory in how the world was gonna end.

I'm not worried about it at all...I live my life as much as I can.  I was just curious in the beliefs of other religions...thats all.  I'm not worried about death, nor am I afraid of it.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2003, 10:40:30 AM »
Good Thread X

Um....I can only give u bits and pieces of the overall Muslim view of the hereafter, perhaps Infinite can swoop thru with some more info.

Muslims believe the World will slowly start turning against the Muslims. All over the world Muslims will be prosecuted.
Eventually, the DAJAL will come to earth. (The Muslim equivalent of the Anti Christ)

He will first claim to be a King then a God. He will lead the Non Muslims world against the Muslims. The Prophet Jesus will come from heaven and lead the Muslims to victory. Peace on Earth for 40 Years with Jesus as our Leader (we do consider him our saviour ). Then.....
out of no where the Angel (forgot which one) will blow the whistle ending all life on Earth. People judged, heaven or hell, eternal happiness, the end.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2003, 11:44:21 AM »
The Mormon view is that in the final days, there will be 'wars and rumours of wars', things like they skies turning black, the seasons reversing.  Everyone will be required to put the 'mark of the beast' on their hand or forehead '666', if you don't, you'll be killed.  Many people consider credit cards the precurser to this.

Anyways, what most people don't understand is that the great apostacy, the "7 years" of apostacy, or 1260 days spoke of in the bible HAS ALREADY OCCURED.  It was 1260 years, ending in 1830 when the gospel was restored by christ to joseph Smith (this is strictly a mormon view, of course).  Most of the things mentioned in the bible as happening 'in the latter days' have ALREADY HAPPENED, God hasn't been ignoring us for 2000  years; half of revelation is prophecies about the last 2000 years that we have already lived through.  

One key thing that still needs to happen is that the temple in Jerusalem needs to be re-built.  Don't quote me on this, but i'm almost 100% sure that the Mormon church has been attempting to start this for years, LOL.  Saving money, looking into it, lol things of that sort.  

When Christ was resurrected, he started the first resurrection, the resurrection of the dead.  In the final days, the world will be in turmoil.  The clouds will open, and Christ will descend from the heavens in all his glory, followed by the dead in christ whom are already ressurrected, kind of a celestial army... you'll have John the Baptist, Moses, Adam, basically every prophet before Christ, as well as the millions of people who came before him and were saved.  

As he descends, 1st thesolonians teaches us about the rest.

1 Thessalonians 4 16-17

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Christ will be met up by all whom have died in his name (basically all the saved), literally, in the clouds... all of us whom are alive will then also be called up to meet him "and so shall we ever be with the lord".

Matthew 24: 29-31 says

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

It's interesting to note that it says "immediatly after the tribulation", then later that all the elect are called together (with the other passage showing that they are called up to meet christ)... since they are called up after 'the tribulation', and at the same time as christ's descention, this totally destroys the idea of a christian rapture where half the people in the world dissapear for 7 years.  The christians WILL be called up, and dissapear, but only to meet Christ at his second coming, and ONLY after the 'tribulation', which as I've said, is currently occuring.  There's no 7 year war, or anything like that, because if there was, we could accurately predict the END of it, and no man will know when christ returns.  

Christ will appear on the Mount of Olives, where a great battle will be taking place; the jews, who by this time would have been praying forever to be saved, would recognize him as the Christ, and running up to him, notice the nail holes in his hands... Zecharia 13:6 states

6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

From that day forth, all jews will realize that the Christ they're waiting on is the same who was crucified by them in the new testament, and will instantly all be converted, LOL.  

Christ basically will destroy the wicked, and all of them will be dead for 1000 years, while he reigns personally on earth with the righteous.  Mormons believe that even non-mormons (muslims, other christians, etc.) who are righteous people will live with him, and slowly be converted to Christianity (how could you deny it with him on earth? ).  

After 1000 years, Satan will be released again, as a final battle, and the dead who are unrighteous will be resurrected.  A great battle between good and evil will ensue, culminating with the evil being cast into outer darkness for eternity.  

"Peace~"

verbalassaulta

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2003, 01:49:31 PM »
^^^LOL at some of those ancient beliefs

Smooth

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2003, 02:29:41 PM »
The Mormon view is that in the final days, there will be 'wars and rumours of wars', things like they skies turning black, the seasons reversing.  Everyone will be required to put the 'mark of the beast' on their hand or forehead '666', if you don't, you'll be killed.  Many people consider credit cards the precurser to this.

Anyways, what most people don't understand is that the great apostacy, the "7 years" of apostacy, or 1260 days spoke of in the bible HAS ALREADY OCCURED.  It was 1260 years, ending in 1830 when the gospel was restored by christ to joseph Smith (this is strictly a mormon view, of course).  Most of the things mentioned in the bible as happening 'in the latter days' have ALREADY HAPPENED, God hasn't been ignoring us for 2000  years; half of revelation is prophecies about the last 2000 years that we have already lived through.  

One key thing that still needs to happen is that the temple in Jerusalem needs to be re-built.  Don't quote me on this, but i'm almost 100% sure that the Mormon church has been attempting to start this for years, LOL.  Saving money, looking into it, lol things of that sort.  

When Christ was resurrected, he started the first resurrection, the resurrection of the dead.  In the final days, the world will be in turmoil.  The clouds will open, and Christ will descend from the heavens in all his glory, followed by the dead in christ whom are already ressurrected, kind of a celestial army... you'll have John the Baptist, Moses, Adam, basically every prophet before Christ, as well as the millions of people who came before him and were saved.  

As he descends, 1st thesolonians teaches us about the rest.

1 Thessalonians 4 16-17

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Christ will be met up by all whom have died in his name (basically all the saved), literally, in the clouds... all of us whom are alive will then also be called up to meet him "and so shall we ever be with the lord".

Matthew 24: 29-31 says

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

It's interesting to note that it says "immediatly after the tribulation", then later that all the elect are called together (with the other passage showing that they are called up to meet christ)... since they are called up after 'the tribulation', and at the same time as christ's descention, this totally destroys the idea of a christian rapture where half the people in the world dissapear for 7 years.  The christians WILL be called up, and dissapear, but only to meet Christ at his second coming, and ONLY after the 'tribulation', which as I've said, is currently occuring.  There's no 7 year war, or anything like that, because if there was, we could accurately predict the END of it, and no man will know when christ returns.  

Christ will appear on the Mount of Olives, where a great battle will be taking place; the jews, who by this time would have been praying forever to be saved, would recognize him as the Christ, and running up to him, notice the nail holes in his hands... Zecharia 13:6 states

6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

From that day forth, all jews will realize that the Christ they're waiting on is the same who was crucified by them in the new testament, and will instantly all be converted, LOL.  

Christ basically will destroy the wicked, and all of them will be dead for 1000 years, while he reigns personally on earth with the righteous.  Mormons believe that even non-mormons (muslims, other christians, etc.) who are righteous people will live with him, and slowly be converted to Christianity (how could you deny it with him on earth? ).  

After 1000 years, Satan will be released again, as a final battle, and the dead who are unrighteous will be resurrected.  A great battle between good and evil will ensue, culminating with the evil being cast into outer darkness for eternity.  

"Peace~"

Yo that was dope Trauma... props on that... Im a catholic but I don't really know all that much about it... thanks for enlightening me on that...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0