Author Topic: Who do you consider worst westcoast rapper?  (Read 1135 times)

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Who do you consider worst westcoast rapper?
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2003, 08:37:03 AM »
Oh yeah... YUKMOUTH... I hate his recent shit too... He used to be dope back  in tha day... when he was a laid back stoner... but now he sounds all cracked out hollerin shit with his regime niggaz...  I hate muthafuckers who just yell into tha mic... that shit gets on my nerves... same reason I dont like Daz nomore...

Look at 2pac, he always be yellin shit in the mic, its called havin skillz, most rappers can't do it, it takes alot, whether or not it gets on your nerves, shit ain't eazy, you just have to know how to appreciate rap, quit hatin on people who can flow, have some respect for some who made it further than most people in the game!

S.G.V.

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2003, 09:16:31 AM »
I dont think AWOL ONE really sounds  like E 40 or Suga Free though... Maybe Jayo Felony, cuz alot of people hate his off beat flow too... I think all them fools are tight though... most tha people I know that dont like E40 dont like him cuz of his voice, and tha way he speaks... he just sounds dumb to them and they might be like "Dumb ass nigger, what's wrong with him? why doesn't he just talk normal!"... but I alwayz had love for him, he's one of my favorites and just everything he does for tha Bay is crazy.... Listen to "Player's Ball", "Captain Save A Hoe", "Big Ballin Wit My Homies", or "Can't Stop" with Mack 10, and then come back and tell me E 40 is still wack....

awol one dont sound like e-40 or suga free...but hes got that same off beat style...but i know what ur sayin...alot of my homies are like "whats that chanate talkin about!?"...once i explain they understand and shut up...its ok for snoop to say dizzle and bizzle but when the originator of that shit does it...its wack... ::)

oh and xzibit aint the wackest...hes sure as hell one of the fakest tho..

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2003, 10:21:37 AM »
maaaaaaaaaaaan.  I REALLY digg Suga Free. I never really put him in the same catagory as E-40 though.  Suga Free stays on beat a lil more than 40 does.  and Suga Free has something that 40  don't.  some funky QUIK beats.

BL7

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2003, 11:09:23 AM »
Ras Kass. :P

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2003, 06:57:38 PM »
I don't know if anyone has ever heard of this guy...SWEETNLO....he has an album called Compton Killa....horrible. >:(

madkilla

• 'G'
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2003, 10:07:01 PM »
I ain't really saying that AWOL One sounds like Suga Free or E-40, but rather they have what I would call an unconventional rap style on the mic.  In a way I guess I like them too since they sound A LOT different then other rappers.  So I wasn't really comparing them, but instead saying they have a funny way of rapping.  And I can't say I feel every one of their tracks, but for the most part I think they are tight.  I really like E-40's early shit up until about Charlie Hustle.  I like some of the tracks on Loyalty & Betrayal and Grit & Grind, but I haven't picked them up yet, but the tracks I have heard are pretty good, but I also have also heard some that I didn't like.  I agree Suga Free has dope Quik beats and he talks about funny shit.  That's why I found myself bumping Shade Sheiste, Quik beats, love that John Doe track, other than that Shade can't rap, half the time he sounds like he's talking, too passive, rich boy, lol.  I respect E-40 cuz he speaks TRUE shit.  I remember on his EP Mailman he straight out talks about how he raps about what he see's, cuz if he did it he'd be in jail, smart mofo thats hustlin'.  S.G.V. if you like AWOL you gotta check out the Grouch, unless you already have.  I like Jayo's first 2 albums, but I haven't heard Underground or Crip Hop, anybody know how those are??  I also found myself not picking up Too $horts last few albums, he is a legend, but I ain't really checking for him no more, think last joint by him I picked up was Can't Stay Away.  peace!!

The Watcher

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2003, 10:19:06 PM »
tha realest gets my vote

snoop needs to take some time off & regroup a bit, let some shit happen before he brings out another album, maybe drop the whole pimp thing.

alot of the older guys should hang up the mic before they ruin the rep/legend status they have & get remembered as one of the worst
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2003, 10:21:50 PM »
Suga Free gets my vote. Just not feelin' his flow/voice.

I don't even consider The Realest a human being.

E-40 is dope but I haven't felt much of his shit post-Hall Of Game.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2003, 10:23:16 PM by WestCoastVeteran »

S.G.V.

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2003, 03:19:18 PM »
i know forty aint makin the music like he used to...but i thought Grit N Grind was great...Loyalty n Betrayl was coo...Charli Hustle was the knock...Element of Suprise was so so...but Hall Of Game and Ina Major Way are unfuckwitable...and madkilla...i aint peeped Grouch...whats some tight jams by him?

An-Tony-O Montana

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ScArFaCe In ThA fLeSh MuThAfUcKa!
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2003, 05:01:47 PM »

your kiddin' me right? this reply has to be a joke... ras kass!!!???... he's one of the best rappers on the west coast, he's definitley one of the illest mc's on the west coast... did u ever hear "soul on ice"???

~1~

G FUNK IS HERE TO STAY FOR THOSE NON BELIEVERS EAT A DICK UP TILL YOU HICKUP! 8) 8)

BL7

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2003, 06:23:41 PM »

your kiddin' me right? this reply has to be a joke... ras kass!!!???... he's one of the best rappers on the west coast, he's definitley one of the illest mc's on the west coast... did u ever hear "soul on ice"???

~1~

lol, I was just joking homie. That's why I put tha " :P " in there.

Peace

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2003, 06:42:53 PM »
Dammmm.......4 tha most part......WCC is embarresin......Frankly, most of yall dunno much about tha West Coast.....Only a small percentage know they shit.....When a question like this comes up, instead of thinking and concentrating on which West Coast artist is tha weakest, muthafuckas name one of tha Handful of artists they know, like Daz or Snoop or Kurupt......*Shakes Head*

As for me, I would have to go by a rapper by tha name of GANGSTA FLEA.....One of tha WORST of all time......

« Last Edit: January 18, 2003, 06:44:11 PM by RODZILLA aka tha7th »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Bomb-A®

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2003, 09:22:30 PM »
snoop really needs to str8en things out
i agree that he should have less guest appearances
Bo$$ Playa (solo) was the best track on Paid Tha Cost
I cant believe he could come up with tracks like Hourglass

smerlus

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2003, 05:18:00 AM »
i don't blame anyone for saying people like snoop, daz, e-40...are the weakest in westcoast rap if that's thier opinion...someone like gangsta flea (never heard of him but he sounds like straight garbage)  probably came out so wack that no one pays them any mind... but when you come out tight and then fall the fuck off, that's wasted talent.

i see this thread as a roller coaster...you straight up know that one of those kiddy roller coasters is going to suck, so you don't fuck with it, but it also doesn't come into your mind as the worst. but if you hop on a huge ass roller coaster and it sucks, you're going to tell all your friends that that one is a waste of time.

smerlus

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2003, 05:20:46 AM »
and my vote for weakest westcoast rapper goes to......Caz his voice is sounds like he's been gargling hot asphalt, his rhymes are elementary most of the times and he's got some shitty ass beats...i only heard his last cd, so that's all i'm judging him on...also i don't think too many people are going to argue with me because when's the last time you saw a caz dickryder?