Author Topic: lyrically ross >>> jeezy  (Read 1168 times)

Jay Bananas

Re: lyrically ross >>> jeezy
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2011, 05:14:27 PM »
Ross is way more talented than Clifford.
Not to say TI doesnt have an interesting verse every now and them but Rawsy Bawsy has his own stye.
"Making love to the angel of death" - tip wouldnt drop lines like that.

Jeezy is about as lyrically talented as elano.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2011, 06:17:16 PM »
T.I. is a solid rapper, who used to be much better.

To place him among "good" rappers is pushing it.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2011, 06:17:25 PM »
who knows in his native tounge elano might be able to rip a hot ass  16

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2011, 03:34:35 AM »

I gotta disagree with you 100% on that, Tip is definitely a top tier rapper, he spit some crazy verses in his time and can cater to the pop market "My Love" and the hood "Rubber Band Man". Tip gets too much hate.

Luda also should definitely get a mention, consistently drops hits and sells well, and always kills guest features. I don't really dig his style too much myself but you gotta recognise his talent

Blood$

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2011, 09:49:58 AM »

I gotta disagree with you 100% on that, Tip is definitely a top tier rapper, he spit some crazy verses in his time and can cater to the pop market "My Love" and the hood "Rubber Band Man". Tip gets too much hate.

Luda also should definitely get a mention, consistently drops hits and sells well, and always kills guest features. I don't really dig his style too much myself but you gotta recognise his talent

T.I. and Ludacris are definitely good rappers that don't deserve any sort of hate whatsoever, but both of their last albums sucked ass and that's a fact, but it was their labels to blame

Teflon Don > No Mercy and Battle Of The Sexes and if anybody disagrees then I guess you just prefer vagina music

wayne maybe but not ti...he took himself out of this conversation.

wayne is aiite but hes so pop right now...

I disagree. An album like no mercy which flopped for tis standards still went gold, which is the best Ross has ever done lol. And until mmg can put out a successful artist Ross ain't shit as a bawse

some think that tis last album sold strickly off the guest spots. (eminem)

and don't forget Christina Aguilera
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:56:03 AM by BloodMoney »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2011, 10:40:01 AM »
I don't think there is one rapper in the mainstream I would consider "top tier". Not even Eminem anymore.

EDIT: With that being said, I'm still a fan of a lot of mainstream rappers; probably more than most. But I can separate the underground from mainstream.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 10:43:15 AM by Chamillitary Click, literally. »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2011, 09:48:23 PM »
what is this thread, the who's who of southern mediocrity? You want hot shit from the south? Little Brother, Cunninlynguists, Jay Electronica, Outkast, Big Krit are better than anyone mentioned thus far.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2011, 09:21:19 AM »
what is this thread, the who's who of southern mediocrity? You want hot shit from the south? Little Brother, Cunninlynguists, Jay Electronica, Outkast, Big Krit are better than anyone mentioned thus far.

you want hot shit from the south? you want backpacker approved acts with no southern sounding identity? (oh and outkast and big krit)

the NY/west/bay bias against the south is really fucking sad

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2011, 09:23:58 AM »
you may as well call preemo a southern artist cause of where he is from if u want to add all those guys from the list

theyre from the south, but they sure as hell aint 'southern rappers' because they (jay, little brother + cunning) pretty much just make NY rap. so lets not joke

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2011, 09:36:08 AM »
Not really a fan of any of them but i like some of ross' latest stuff

westside4life

• 'G'
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »
jeezy shits on rozay

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2011, 10:49:52 AM »

little brother disbanded, cunninglynguists is stale lately, jay electronica is scared to even try and big krit has room to grow...im talking about niggas with albums and labels and crews and shit.

little brother is one of the GOAT southern groups though and krit WILL be a problem.

westside4life

• 'G'
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2011, 11:32:53 AM »
you may as well call preemo a southern artist cause of where he is from if u want to add all those guys from the list

theyre from the south, but they sure as hell aint 'southern rappers' because they (jay, little brother + cunning) pretty much just make NY rap. so lets not joke
wait so just cuz a rapper from the south doesnt have that trap sound they aren't southern rappers?? you stupid as hell for that one theyre making HIP HOP theyre rappers from the south so they are southern rappers

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2011, 12:19:04 PM »
Little Brother was always boring and had boring production.  9th was cool but he could've done better.  1 of the most overrated groups ever.

Jay Electronica wasn't shit but hot air and "exzibit c" was so dry and i could never understand the hype around that song (maybe i guess it was becuz he was going against the southern stereotype at that time but it was still wack and I NEVER heard anybody play that song).  Dude was the rapper that never was and frankly people who give Jay Electronica props but shit on anybody else (no matter who) have issues.  Literally 1 of the most overrated rappers ever.

Cunnilyngist - never listened to em but since i've never heard of em outside of this forum and maybe AHH (i think smh) and that MTV2 commerical that says alot about who they really are in real life and where they stand up against other rappers/groups.

Big K.R.I.T is my man

as far as Ross vs. Jeezy.... hmmm.... Jeezy started this trap shit just like NWA started this gangsta shit (i know some ppl are gonna say Schooly D but to me he was a little different) so to knock Jeezy is like to knock Moses.  And as far as Ross goes I think Ross carved out a place in Hip Hop history.  But lyrically and I'm trying to be fair with this but it's Ross allday.  Anybody who calls Ross nothing but a beat just honestly hasn't listened to a Rick Ross album and that's just tha truth.  If Ross would've came out with this type of music in the 80's or the 90's or even early 2000's (excluding that Trina record) then Ross' whole career would've been undisputed by anybody.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:43:04 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg™ »

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2011, 12:23:04 PM »
I listen to all those artists, hell I introduced most people on Dubcc to big krit by making a thread stating he was the next pimp c.I only did that to get attention to him as if I made a thread proclaiming big krit is dope people would ignore him. But now I see him mentioned all the time on this forum.

And ALL  those artists are dope. I have tons of favorite bg songs. It just depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes I want lyrical backpack shit sometimes I want some trap music. Music is music and it's all subjective.

And screwface has a point. You might as well say man drumma boy ain't dope if you want hot southern production listento premo. Premo, lb and the like don't make southern music. Every region has a sound and being from there doesn't mean you have to make that music but thiers a big difference between someone who makes southern music and someone who happened to be born there. The same way the west or east have distinctive sounds. Jay elec makes eastcoast hip hop he just happens to be from the south. So I'm not going to listen to him if I want some dirty south I'm going to listen to him when I want done eastcoast shit.listening to jay elec when I want a hot southern act is like listening to black eyed peas when I want some westcoast shit