Author Topic: Artist/Producer Combos you would like to see more from  (Read 249 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Artist/Producer Combos you would like to see more from
« on: January 14, 2003, 12:59:15 PM »
Which artists and producers would u like to see combine to do some more tracks. It can be people who have only done like one or two tracks together or some that haven't worked together that you think should. For me:

Talib Kweli & DJ Quik - the joints they have done together have been amazing.

Mos Def & DJ Premier - Mathematics was really tight, and the Premo rnb remixes that Mos has been on have been good as well.

Nas & Hill - the tracks Hill did on Lost Tapes were great, and even though I don't really know that much about him I think these two should hook up again.

Dead Prez & Kanye West - his remix of HipHop was dope, and some more tracks between them could be tight.

Thats all I can think of, any more suggestions?

Trauma-san

Re:Artist/Producer Combos you would like to see more from
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2003, 01:02:29 PM »
Of Course Dre/Snoop

Quik and ANYBODY, you just don't see enough of him workin' with heavyweights, dre, snoop, daz, cube, anybody decent out west.  

I thought Premier/Snoop, Premier/Rage both worked out great each time.

Dre/Ren

Dre/Cube definately.  Everything they ever did together was dope.  

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2003, 01:20:08 PM »
Nas & Pete Rock

Why these two don't do anything is beyond me.  "The World Is Yours" has classic written all over it.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2003, 01:34:04 PM »
Snoop Dogg & Dj Quik
Talib Kweli & Hi-Tek

S.G.V.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2003, 03:13:13 PM »
Bosko & Quik(never heard a collab from them...but i want one)
Phats Bossi & Poppa LQ(he does beats too)
Chino XL & King Tech
Crooked I & King Tech

Yeah!

• 'G'
  • Don't Get It Twisted!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2003, 05:44:11 PM »
Quik and ANYBODY, you just don't see enough of him workin' with heavyweights, dre, snoop, daz, cube, anybody decent out west.  

I usally dont reply to stupid coments but this one couldnt hold me back.

Dre, Snoop, Daz, Cube...I hope to never see quik work with them. Im sure what they would create would be great. But DJ Quik fans dont wanna see him work with these guys. His sound is made percicely for his artists. Why doesnt Quik work with Dre and Snoop more? Cause they;re collabos havnt proved to be much more than average songs. Quik can create better music when he has time to work on it. Therefore Id rather Quik blew off Dre and SNoop and kept focused on Suga Free. Then When Free's record hits the stores it will be close to perfection. If he works with some big names they probably wont have time to finish it and make a masterpiece.

Reading some of your posts I thought you were pretty knowledgble. After your comment in this topic I changed my mind.

Please explain what you meant by "anybody decent out west."

:-\

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2003, 06:19:33 PM »
Xzibit/Dre
Xzibit/Eminem (always comes out tight)

S.G.V.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2003, 06:44:13 PM »

I usally dont reply to stupid coments but this one couldnt hold me back.

Dre, Snoop, Daz, Cube...I hope to never see quik work with them. Im sure what they would create would be great. But DJ Quik fans dont wanna see him work with these guys. His sound is made percicely for his artists. Why doesnt Quik work with Dre and Snoop more? Cause they;re collabos havnt proved to be much more than average songs. Quik can create better music when he has time to work on it. Therefore Id rather Quik blew off Dre and SNoop and kept focused on Suga Free. Then When Free's record hits the stores it will be close to perfection. If he works with some big names they probably wont have time to finish it and make a masterpiece.

Reading some of your posts I thought you were pretty knowledgble. After your comment in this topic I changed my mind.

Please explain what you meant by "anybody decent out west."

:-\
hes the kinda guy that only likes the commercialized mtv shit..if it aint popular then its wack...u know?...so people who would sound ten times better over a quik beat he thinks is wack...i think Playa Hamm sounds alot better than Snoop ever has over any quik beats...Cube and Daz got too much of a rough flow for a quik beat...nobody rips a quik beat better than Suga Free and thats real...Kam on a quik beat is great...oh and i cannot stand Xzibit with Dre...Xzibit & E-Swift gets thumbs up...but Dre and Xzibit!?...hell no...Xzibit becomes mista gangsta when he gets down with Dre...which he is far from...

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2003, 10:23:16 AM »
In the future i'd like to see more of;

Xzibit & Premo

Snoop & Premo (I don't care what anyone thinks, I thought Snoop came off great on the tracks Premo supplied for PTCTBTB)

Talib Kweli & Kanye West (I didn't really know what to expect from them too hooking up but the tracks they did for "Quality" were all Quality, no pun intended  ;D)

Nas & Saleem Remi (This guy did a majority of the production on "God's Son" and they've worked together before and I think this is becoming a new winning formula like Nas & Premo/Large Prof have been over the years)

I would also like to see Nas do some more stuff with agile/ Saukrates, I don't know how involved Saukrates was with "Heaven" but that track is rapildy becoming one of my all time fav's.

One of my all time fav artist/producer combo's was Quik & 'Pac, I wish they could of done more before 'Pac passed, they had undeniable chemistry.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Murrow

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2003, 10:24:36 AM »
More Dre/Eminem

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2003, 10:39:20 AM »
snoop n dre fo sure, id like to see sum timbaland and eminem 2.....

oh n neptunes n 50 cent,lol

peace

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2003, 11:09:18 AM »
Oh yeah I forgot about Xzibit and DJ Premier, good choice Euthanasia, "What A Mess" was a brilliant track.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2003, 11:15:02 AM »
Defari over a DJ Quik beat. I think Ev is dope, but these 2 are a perfect match in my opinion.

Xzibit and Alchemist. Dilated are my favourite group at the moment but i would have rather heard Xzibit and Defari over Right & Exact and Worst Comes To Worst. I don't see this happening for a long time though.

The Rebel INS and Primo. Nuff said.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2003, 01:22:46 PM »

Rakim & Dj Premeir
Scarface & Mike Dean

"Guarantee'd dopness"

Although it look's like the good Doctor is gonna fuck up another winning combo by rejecting gold (Premier) and replacing it with mediocre 2001 leftover's.

Dre is responsible for making hip-hop beats respected as an art form, but he has also killed the game equal in strength by bringing some of the worst busines ventures to head.

Rakim + Aftermath = Sales add Dre on more than half of the lp = disaster.
The production must follow the Rakim formula, Premo must be on that peice in order to get anything offical.
ImO

"Speaking as a Rakim fan from wayback"

Hatesrats 200TrE

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2003, 01:35:43 PM »
Although it look's like the good Doctor is gonna fuck up another winning combo by rejecting gold (Premier) and replacing it with mediocre 2001 leftover's.

I don't think that Dre has the whole say in this project.  I would think that Dre & Rakim will executive produce this album.  I'm sure that Rakim heard these beats too.  Maybe they didn't fit the album or just weren't as good as the beats he already rhymed on.

The production must follow the Rakim formula, Premo must be on that piece in order to get anything official.

On Rakim's 6 albums how many songs has Prime produced? 4

All of them have been dope for sure and I would like to hear more Ra/Prime but I don't think that it's a necessary requirement for a great Rakim album.