Author Topic: Rick Ross is lyrically better than Snoop dogg ever was  (Read 1580 times)

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Rick Ross is lyrically better than Snoop dogg ever was
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2011, 07:03:26 AM »
These are two very different types of MCs though...

Snoop is all about the way he uses his voice and melody and rhythms which work with the beats he's over... there would be no point in posting a Snoop verse on a message board because words on the screen totally miss what Snoop excels in - which is being all dope with the voice and melody and smooth rhythms. He never does much with the content and his rhyme schemes are simple, because his focus isn't on those things, it's on voice and rhythm.

Rick Ross is almost the opposite, he has very simple rhythms, like he's just talking slowly, but his stuff is mainly trying to do witty content, like a lot of the new MCs today. So you can probably post a Rick Ross rhyme and it will more likely look good on paper because you'll be able to read the cleverness in whichever verse, in a way you can't get with Snoop

Though, for me, Snoop is one the best MCs in his use of voice, melody, and rhythm, along with people like Slick Rick, Method Man, a few others. Within Snoop's style of rapping, he is up there with the best.
Though with Rick Ross I'd say is NOT one of the very best in his style of rapping... there are MCs with way cleverer, wittier lines - Canibus, Chino XL, Jay-Z, Papoose...etc, etc. and that is also partly because SO many MCs do the whole "witty content" thing, so there is much, much more competition in that style.

But the main thing is, you're comparing apples with oranges here, totally different styles of MCing.

Well said, and I agree completely. I've never considered Snoop lyrical. Hell, most people don't because he isn't. But that's not the only way to be a dope rapper. Ross is lyrically better but that's about where it ends.

Fraxxx

« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2011, 07:14:58 AM »

Props for the sloth. What a noble creature!
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

papa-smurf

« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2011, 08:53:49 AM »
what u doing is just as dumb as magic Johnson playing against kobe bryant today.of course kobe a win because magic johnson is pass his prime.u would have 2 compare magic johnson early years to kobe early years.u cant say kobe is better then magic johnson because he could beat him today.thats idiotic.so u have 2 compare snoop early years to rick ross early years.so compare doggy style 2 rick ross albums.& snoop win so he cant be better then snoop untill he put out something that top doggystyle

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2011, 09:15:00 AM »
Whoa, slow down, chiefy. Magic > Kobe. Ross > Snoop.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2011, 11:12:25 AM »
you can probably post a Rick Ross rhyme and it will more likely look good on paper because you'll be able to read the cleverness in whichever verse, in a way you can't get with Snoop

I'm glad you agree that Rick Ross has better rhymes.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2011, 03:42:16 PM »
not a stretch, Snoop was all flow and delivery in his prime

Jimmy H.

« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2011, 12:42:12 AM »
like i've always said, "white people killed hip hop" on a PR level and "jews stole some of tha soul". 

Like I've always said... you're a confused child.  You are still in your early 20's and think because you have a glimpse of the real world that you understand its complexities. You don't. There's people in their 60's and 70's that are still figuring it out. And it's interesting that you bring up that Jewish comment. Just for the sake of conversation, didn't you create a new user name so you could create some controversy with that Method Man-Pac thread or was that somebody else? And if that shit was somebody else, are you pissed behind them ripping off your style?

none of yall can fester in the vibe all tha way and that whole "music is color blind and universal" cliche' is bullshit; word to Les Nubians and i fuck with them.  you obviously dont care too much for Rick Ross and nobody really cares to be honest but saying that dude is wack and lyrically inferior (as u put it) is gay and CLEARLY an uninformed (or whatever the word is) opinion. 
Music IS universal and color blind. "Gay" is a description of sexual orientation or by less popular definition, a term for "joy".

wake up.  keep your opinion but stop trying to spread it around to everybody else like u have some sorta point or something.   
An opinion is supposed to be spread. That's the foundation of free speech. Why come to a public forum if you can't respect that? There's plenty of shit you say that's on some borderline goofy shit but rather than attack your right to say it, I'd rather debate you on its merits. The problem I have with you is you contradict your own supposed philosphies within the same forum you use to spread them. You talk to people as if they are beneath understanding you when in reality, any confusion seems to be created intentionally by you as a way to avoid addressing the conversation as a mature, intelligent adult.

be a leader not a follower.
Case in point. A contradiction within the same paragraph. You tell someone to stop "spreading their opinion" then follow it up by telling them to be a leader.

You continually try to side-step debates by making personal attacks on people and hiding behind race, religion, geographical locations, or any number of other pointless personal traits that have zero to do with the conversation. Instead of pushing toward individual examples of your own intelligence, you want to hide behind the idea that because Chamilitary or whoever you're arguing with is supposedly white and you are "black and from the hood" that you are automatically more capable of seeing the bigger picture. It's embarassing. You put any intelligent black male or anyone for that matter out in a public forum and they will debate the facts and articulate their way of thinking as a way to educate the opposing view. Anyone that is confident of their intelligence will educate those they feel are ignorant, not just point at them and laugh. The fact that you are incapable of dropping said knowledge when the time comes suggests that you have nothing of substance to say.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2011, 01:52:43 AM »
Lyrically they're the same in other words pretty lame but Snoop had a great delivery & flow. He's pretty shit now though, he uses the same lazy flow on every song now. It's terrible.

westside159

« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2011, 02:02:27 AM »
Officer Ricky is garbage  cant stand that fat phony

Sikotic™

« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2011, 02:12:36 AM »
If we're gonna match prime-for-prime if ya will, then I'd go with Snoop. However, currently I gotta go with Ross. I don't really see how anyone could argue otherwise, but I've seen stranger arguments here so go ahead and enlighten me lol.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2011, 02:37:03 AM »
I once blew a guy in an applebees bathroom

Keep that shit to yourself

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2011, 03:59:05 AM »
The West is Back

westside159

« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2011, 10:19:33 PM »
Freddy said he , had a hoe ready , down to go steady
and sticc up eddie , for his fetti ,  and bring it all bacc
to daddy , i want bread , cheese , now put it on the patty
big mac style , sit bacc and flip files , in the virgin iles
listen hear , honey child , bow wow , how ya like it ?
doggystyle , smiling , grinning , sipping on some  gin &
roll with a captain , you all strapped in ? from acting to macking
i keeps it crackin "

snoop verse

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2011, 01:37:23 PM »
Like someone else posted ross's verse on devil in a blue dress wasn't even great it was totally off topic rhymes that were just nothin but rhymes....tell me this spice do you think ross could keep up with a battle against a snoop in his prime?....and if we wanna talk rhymes that keep up with fake ass rick ross how bout imagine or i miss that bitch, murder was the case..songs that actually have stories behind them. How bout whos a bigger poser snoop claimin he a real crip or ross claiming he got hit with charges and moves keys when he was really on the other side of the cell

kolaboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2011, 03:28:40 PM »
SNOOP NEVER HAD LYRICS HE ALWAYS HAD A COLD FLOW!!