Author Topic: Rick Ross is lyrically better than Snoop dogg ever was  (Read 1554 times)

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
Re: Rick Ross is lyrically better than Snoop dogg ever was
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2011, 03:02:25 PM »
They both completely suck. Neither can rap. Both ride beats.

"SHOE BOX....NO SHOES IN 'EM!"

I thought that line was funny/clever.. do you even know what it means?!

Why are people comparing doggystyle and snoop in 90s? We are talking about nowadays... Rick Ross is def on top..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2011, 03:12:20 PM »
It means he keeps his drug money in a shoe box lol. C'mon boys. That's not good.

With that being said, Ross > Snoop.

However, Kreayshawn > Ross > Snoop. #swag

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2011, 03:19:40 PM »
It means he keeps his drug money in a shoe box lol. C'mon boys. That's not good.

it's not just the line, it's how he said it.. his voice and flow are on point.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2011, 03:24:31 PM »
I can't deal with that slow, simple nonsense. Matter of taste.

He gets so much credit for being good, yet, in every single song it goes, the beat > the featured hook > the featured verse > the flow > the voice > the mixing > the Ross grunt > the Ross "BAWSE" > his lyrics (which could not even be his own lyrics). I just don't feel rappers like that. It should honestly be in reverse order of what I just said lol.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2011, 03:27:53 PM »

bullshit you didn't even know before we told u.  stop being such a fuckin poser for once.  u didn't know what he meant, fine, you didn't get it becuz you clearly have never lead that type of life or knew anybody in that situation or clearly havent watched enough hood movies or heard enough rap songs.  stop lying just to kick it.  u internet crackers get on my fuckin nerves with this shit.  be a fuckin man for once and learn how to chill tha fuck out.  you're emo and it shows in so many ways.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2011, 03:34:32 PM »
I can't deal with that slow, simple nonsense. Matter of taste.

He gets so much credit for being good, yet, in every single song it goes, the beat > the featured hook > the featured verse > the flow > the voice > the mixing > the Ross grunt > the Ross "BAWSE" > his lyrics (which could not even be his own lyrics). I just don't feel rappers like that. It should honestly be in reverse order of what I just said lol.

like i've always said, "white people killed hip hop" on a PR level and "jews stole some of tha soul".  none of yall can fester in the vibe all tha way and that whole "music is color blind and universal" cliche' is bullshit; word to Les Nubians and i fuck with them.  you obviously dont care too much for Rick Ross and nobody really cares to be honest but saying that dude is wack and lyrically inferior (as u put it) is gay and CLEARLY an uninformed (or whatever the word is) opinion.  Ross is that nigga, stop feeding into all of these blogs becuz that's the closest thing you'll ever get to that type of life.

wake up.  keep your opinion but stop trying to spread it around to everybody else like u have some sorta point or something.  be a leader not a follower.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:36:40 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg™ »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2011, 03:37:53 PM »
^LOL, how mad can your Black ass get? Scroll through the thread, nobody said what it meant. It doesn't take a genius to decipher a Rick Ross line lol.

C'mon, you racist. White people were pushing dope to Blacks before Blacks started pushing it to each other, do your homework, sonny boy.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2011, 03:40:41 PM »
^LOL, how mad can your Black ass get? Scroll through the thread, nobody said what it meant. It doesn't take a genius to decipher a Rick Ross line lol.

C'mon, you racist. White people were pushing dope to Blacks before Blacks started pushing it to each other, do your homework, sonny boy.

Columbians were, not White people.  In fact everybody else was before white people.  why are u talking about the streets.  just becuz there have always been crooked ass cops (AND fuckin' CO's) doesn't mean yall were the 1st to do it.  take that white power shit somewhere else.

You're mad becuz i called u White (becuz u r), get over it.  You ARE white and that's a fact, you aren't from the hood and that's a fact, you just flat out don't like Rick Ross or southern Hip Hop for that matter and that's a fact.  stop pretending to be something you're not.  in real life you've probably had dreams and fantasies of being African American.  you're just like JayDC (literally) you aren't fooling anybody.  you can hype it up all u want to but everybody knows.  Just except what you won't be in life.  Some of us will never be pimps, that doesnt stop us from talking to females everyday, some of us will never be drug dealers, that doesn't stop us from using them, and some of us will never be gangsters, that doesn't stop us from bussin a muthafucka in tha mouth when it's necessary.  stop posin and move on already.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:46:53 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg™ »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2011, 03:46:52 PM »
Italian mobsters in the 30's were pushing drugs, dick.

You ever see "American Gangster"? Movie about Frank Lucas. The depict White people shocked that a Black dealer was making bread selling drugs & you're going to tell me Blacks have been selling drugs since day one.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2011, 03:51:24 PM »

You ever see "American Gangster"? Movie about Frank Lucas. The depict White people shocked that a Black dealer was making bread selling drugs & you're going to tell me Blacks have been selling drugs since day one.

so now u wanna tell me about Black people?  are u really that hurt.  fuck Italians, who are they?  the Mob hasn't ran shit since they were in their hey days.  are u seriously trying to tell me about that?  what does that have 2 do with tha fact that YOU (ChamillitaryClick, literally - who stole the whole "literally" thing from me a black guy) didn't know what Rick Ross (a black rapper) was getting at.  You're making it worse by not taking the L'.  Wow, so the Mob had drugs back then, big gip.  Frank took over their shit over.  You probably aren't even Italian, you're probably Swedish.  don't be so upset becuz you're a wannabe.  it's so dumb

cocaine had been around the world and back before it even went inside Coca-Cola.  once again you're proving that you're nothing but stereotypical white kid who loves black culture and hip hop too much and more than his own.  you'd probably trade your ancestors and family in for a slave family or a boarder jumping family from Mexico.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 04:04:34 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg™ »

Sikotic™

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2011, 04:00:12 PM »
there is a difference between makin good tracks and bein lyrical, Snoop is/was never lyrical, but made good tracks
THANK YOU.

Saying Snoop isn't lyrical ain't even a diss towards Snoop. Niggas have put Snoop and a few others on this pedestal as if he can't be touched or assessed for who he is. Snoop made great music in the 90's and early 2000's. I hope he makes more again someday if he can get his shit together.

What's really sad is that any thread that doesn't go with the status quo gets labelled as a "troll thread" and immediately becomes dismissed in the eyes of some simple muthafuckas. The dude who made the thread has made a valid point that had lead to some decent discussion. If that's "trolling" then what is the point of this forum existing?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2011, 04:02:49 PM »
Radiotube i think its pretty obvious everybody knew what the shoe box line was about, aint exactly a complex line

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2011, 04:06:08 PM »
Radiotube i think its pretty obvious everybody knew what the shoe box line was about, aint exactly a complex line

not her tho.  she doesn't get alotta shit.  i know right, it seems pretty obvious and it is but dude didn't get it and that's why he chose that line of all things.  i know what you're trying to get at but not in that bama's case, and i'm just being real.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2011, 04:15:35 PM »

You ever see "American Gangster"? Movie about Frank Lucas. The depict White people shocked that a Black dealer was making bread selling drugs & you're going to tell me
Blacks have been selling drugs since day one.

off topic, but blacks were always the ones selling drugs on a street level. You're talking about the ones setting up operations to get the drugs into this country. Higher level shit.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2011, 04:16:54 PM »
I'm a west coast rap fan for life but I can agree with the title of this thread. Rick Ross is a better lyricist than Snoop. He's more inventive and more intelligent. He also makes more overall thought provoking and moving songs. "Tears of Joy" and "All the Money in the World" are better than any song in Snoop's entire catalogue, imo.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.