Author Topic: Marijuana Legalization in the US (please read)  (Read 568 times)

Koncept

Marijuana Legalization in the US (please read)
« on: January 14, 2003, 03:47:02 PM »
The Legalization of Marijuana by Louis Snyder AKA Koncept (lyrics aren't the only thing i write)

Marijuana, the drug of killers and rapists or the fruit of the goods? In the early 1930’s a menace was sweeping across the united states and polluting the minds of the youth. People were smoking the devil's weed and it was making them commit violent crimes. Maybe in the eyes of politicians, but in reality, people were experiencing the gift of the herb.

In the oldest medical text, Pen Ts’ao, circa 2800 B.C., it says that the flowering tops could be used for countless symptoms and aliments. Medical marijuana is just now being accepted in the untied states today. Doctors proscribe it to ill patients, patients go to cannabis clubs. The clubs distribute the marijuana to the patients, who have a right to have medicine. Then the clubs get raided by the government under the guise of federal laws. Patients and operators lose money. They also lose something more. They lose the only thing that brings light to an other wise dark world. I think that you should not take medical marijuana away from the people who need it.

There are no know deaths directly relating to marijuana. Tobacco and alcohol kill many people each year. Tobacco and alcohol are legal in the united states.  They are multimillion dollar businesses who give kickbacks and soft money to politicians. Politicians make laws. Now the reason for marijuana prohibition becomes clearer. Is money the root of all evil? No, but it certainly plays an important part in the way this country is run.

Some of the side effects of  marijuana use include short term memory loss (only under the influence), impaired reaction time (people should NOT be driving while under the influence), and fatigue (marijuana works well with insomniacs). These effects far outweigh the effects of tobacco and alcohol, with include death.

This essay is relatively  short considering all the absurdity that surrounds marijuana probation in the untied states today. The point I’m trying to get across is that marijuana should be free. We need stop arresting innocent people. We need to stop fighting the drug war, witch is only a war on ourselves. Drug money supports terrorism, grow your own.

feed back please
[/b]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2003, 04:20:50 PM by Koncept »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Marijuana Legalization in the US (please read)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2003, 04:22:20 PM »
Why are all the respectful, established, successful americans I know against pot and all the lazy, quasi-intellectual, bums I know for it?

I've only smoked weed a few times.  It sure as hell didn't enlighten me.  It didn't bring me to another level.  So weed makes you think?  How come only other pot heads find fellow pot heads intelligent?  I've talked to peeps when they are high.  They make no sense.  

Pot and successful living are not synonmous.  Pot breeds ignorance.  I think perhaps it should be legalize, but kept away from youth.  Luckily I was never influenced into taking pot when I was young.  Unfortunately if it was legal many children would be led astray.  I say, perhaps, it should be legalized because for you hardcore pot heads.  Enjoy!  But don't complain when hard working corporate america won't cut your ass a break.  Go ahead smoke pot. Just don't tell me I have to pay for your unemployment check, welfare check, etc.  

You post wasn't intelligent.  You cited one source of reference and that was a book written 4000 years ago.  Why people think stuff written in B.C. times is wise and intelligent I don't know.  Just because people that lived in caves smoked herb doesn't mean we all should.  If you want to live in a cave, not pay taxes, and not complain about the evil white collar class then go smoke your weed.  Matter of fake, go move and be one with nature.  Live in the bushes with a pet goat and get high every day.

Anyone that smokes pot already knows how to get that stuff reasonably easily.  It's illegal and y'all get busted for selling.  Why?  Because dealers sell to youths.  Because youths are impressionable.  And because you are fucking up the lives of young america.  Granted the government does "bad" things as well.  But, whatever, I gots no more to say.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2003, 04:26:32 PM by Ant »

Koncept

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2003, 04:35:10 PM »
Why are all the respectful, established, successful americans I know against pot and all the lazy, quasi-intellectual, bums I know for it?

I've only smoked weed a few times.  It sure as hell didn't enlighten me.  It didn't bring me to another level.  So weed makes you think?  How come only other pot heads find fellow pot heads intelligent?  I've talked to peeps when they are high.  They make no sense.  

Pot and successful living are not synonmous.  Pot breeds ignorance.  I think perhaps it should be legalize, but kept away from youth.  Luckily I was never influenced into taking pot when I was young.  Unfortunately if it was legal many children would be led astray.  I say, perhaps, it should be legalized because for you hardcore pot heads.  Enjoy!  But don't complain when hard working corporate america won't cut your ass a break.  Go ahead smoke pot. Just don't tell me I have to pay for your unemployment check, welfare check, etc.  

You post wasn't intelligent.  You cited one source of reference and that was a book written 4000 years ago.  Why people think stuff written in B.C. times is wise and intelligent I don't know.  Just because people that lived in caves smoked herb doesn't mean we all should.  If you want to live in a cave, not pay taxes, and not complain about the evil white collar class then go smoke your weed.  Matter of fake, go move and be one with nature.  Live in the bushes with a pet goat and get high every day.

Anyone that smokes pot already knows how to get that stuff reasonably easily.  It's illegal and y'all get busted for selling.  Why?  Because dealers sell to youths.  Because youths are impressionable.  And because you are fucking up the lives of young america.  Granted the government does "bad" things as well.  But, whatever, I gots no more to say.

and you say i'm ignorant

budsmokeronly

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2003, 04:55:34 PM »
^^^^ Ant that was one of the most ignorant posts I have ever read.  Like you said, you only smoked a few times, so you sure as hell don't know whats up.  See since you ain't a smoker u don't know all the people that smoke it.  Soooooooo many people smoke weed, u would be surprised as hell.  I know many, many sucessful people who smoke weed and live good lives.  You have been brainwashed.  Since you can relate to rap, I will give you an example.  Look how many rappers smoke weed.  They definately didn't become rappers and get rich by being lazy, unambitious, and stupid.  Look how motivated Pac, Dre, Eminem, Snoop, etc. are and they smoked tons of weed.  Many rappers have intelectual lyrics that go over the heads of many people.  How many people can write lyrics like eminem and Pac??  Not many.  Now I will give you a first hand example about how your statement is complete ignorance.  I am 22 years old.  I have smoked weed since I was 15, currently I have stopped for my NY's resolution.  I am going to graduate from a state college with a BA in Business administration, with a concentration in Financial Management.  My college career will be about 4.5 years.  I have taken out some student loans, but not much.  I pretty much worked and paid my own way through college.  I pretty much had no help from my parents.  In my entire college career I never failed 1 class, and I got only 1 D (which was total bullshit).  I also have a lot of work experience in many different jobs, and I have a great work ethic.  Now how many people in America do you think have accomplished what I have.  Go ahead and look up the statistics of how many people in America have a college degree.  I'll tell you one thing, it ain't very high, maybe a little over 10% of the population.  Then if u took the percentage who did it with as little financial aid as I did and no other funds, the percentage would probably be about half that.  Now this is just one personal example that I am giving you, and I am not just a rare exception of highly motivated sucessful stoners.  Now all you peeps who ain't never smoked before or barely smoked can go look up your stupid theories and statistics of people who smoke pot, but it don't mean shit.  Bottom line is that you just don't know.  And for anyone who says, "well if pot isn't so bad, then why isn't it legalized?"  The reason is money.  Legalizing pot will have drastic effects on the economy.  I can explain that, but it would take a long explanation that I ain't gonna type out unless somebody wants me too.  Fuck man, I have seen video games have much worse effects on people than pot.  The reason pot gets such a bad rep is because of people like Ant and Trauma, who ain't even knowing, and they just hear the one side of it from people just like themselves- people who ain't knowin.  Ignorance, I'll tell ya man, its the cause of many problems.

Koncept

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2003, 05:02:06 PM »
thank you grundy for helping me support my point

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2003, 05:05:20 PM »
I think it's a good thing. The people who don't use it now, won't use it in the future (except for people who just wanna know how it is). The government even gets taxes for the drug. I'm glad that the US government isn't naive anymore. Look at the Netherlands: for several years marijuana has been legalized and there are less problems with it.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2003, 05:39:17 PM »
I'll reply later.  I already wrote a reply but for whatever reason it errored when I tried to post it.  Anways til then!

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2003, 05:45:36 PM »
Effects of Heavy Marijuana Use on Learning and Social Behavior. A study of college students has shown that critical skills related to attention, memory, and learning are impaired among people who use marijuana heavily, even after discontinuing its use for at least 24 hours. Researchers compared 65 "heavy users," who had smoked marijuana a median of 29 of the past 30 days, and 64 "light users," who had smoked a median of 1 of the past 30 days. After a closely monitored 19- to 24-hour period of abstinence from marijuana and other illicit drugs and alcohol, the undergraduates were given several standard tests measuring aspects of attention, memory, and learning. Compared to the light users, heavy marijuana users made more errors and had more difficulty sustaining attention, shifting attention to meet the demands of changes in the environment, and in registering, processing, and using information. The findings suggest that the greater impairment among heavy users is likely due to an alteration of brain activity produced by marijuana.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2003, 06:41:14 PM »
weed aint more dangerous than cigaretts and alcohol,,,ban all or accept all

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2003, 07:06:12 PM »
i say DONT legalize it..because i wouldnt make a grand a week off it otherwise.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2003, 07:54:19 PM »
i go to university full time, have a 78% average, work 20 hours a week, 3 times a week to support my self and i blaze damn near everyday

stereotypes aint cool ant

havin said that, i could give a shit if its legalized or not, i gets mine when ever i want, preferably i dont want it legalized...why give the govt $30 when u give it to ya homies?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2003, 11:29:41 PM »
weed aint more dangerous than cigaretts and alcohol,,,ban all or accept all

I agree

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2003, 12:11:30 AM »
I just love the argument "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE, I SMOKE EVERY DAY, AND ONLY I HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT IS GOOD ABOUT POT!!!"

lol

I frankly could care less if people smoke pot.  They wanna screw up their relationships and be dependant on a drug, whatever, it don't bother me.  I also don't care if it's legal or not, I don't even drink so pot has no effect on me, it's the same as ciggarretes, people poisoning their body.  It's their body, not mine, so let em do what they want.  

the argument that you have to smoke pot your whole life to understand it that you keep throwing out AC is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard.  So I guess only Jeffrey Dahmer knows the great things about eating teenager's penises.  Some times, from the outside, everything's perfectly clear, LOL.  I don't need to go rape somebody to understand why other people rape people.  I don't need to smoke pot everyday to understand that I don't want to smoke it; I think the, oh, couple dozen times I did it before are plenty enough to base an opinion on.  You always get so twisted when people insult or say anything bad about pot, you need to find something else in your life to catch feelings about.  

Quakaveli

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2003, 09:10:31 AM »
Yeah we should legalize pot so that the unneccesary social stimga still remaining with it is eliminated, and that the high(somewhat) prices be reduced. Then its all groovy, baby 8)

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2003, 09:35:41 AM »
I don't now how many of you Americans know this but in the 70's a study was undertaken by the government into cannabis and its findings were that it should be legalised. Unfortunatly Nixon decided he knew better than the authers of the report and instead put more money into the war on drugs.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...