Author Topic: Marijuana Legalization in the US (please read)  (Read 570 times)

Woodrow

Re:Marijuana Legalization in the US (please read)
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2003, 09:50:13 AM »
I don't now how many of you Americans know this but in the 70's a study was undertaken by the government into cannabis and its findings were that it should be legalised. Unfortunatly Nixon decided he knew better than the authers of the report and instead put more money into the war on drugs.

Could you back this up with facts?

Smooth

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2003, 12:40:18 PM »
I don't now how many of you Americans know this but in the 70's a study was undertaken by the government into cannabis and its findings were that it should be legalised. Unfortunatly Nixon decided he knew better than the authers of the report and instead put more money into the war on drugs.

I think I heard that too... im not 100% sure... but I think it was on this documentry on weed called "Grass" I saw it in the theatre and it was a special they had on for like a week... anyone could still probabley find it if they looked...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Suga Foot

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2003, 01:18:59 PM »
in the 70's a study was undertaken by the government into cannabis and its findings were that it should be legalised.

WTF?  That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2003, 03:17:18 PM »
to compare smoking pot to rape, murder, molestation, or anything related is just ludacris.  IMO you are an ignorant idiot to make such a comparison.

just love the argument "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE, I SMOKE EVERY DAY, AND ONLY I HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT IS GOOD ABOUT POT!!!"

lol

I frankly could care less if people smoke pot.  They wanna screw up their relationships and be dependant on a drug, whatever, it don't bother me.  I also don't care if it's legal or not, I don't even drink so pot has no effect on me, it's the same as ciggarretes, people poisoning their body.  It's their body, not mine, so let em do what they want.  

the argument that you have to smoke pot your whole life to understand it that you keep throwing out AC is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard.  So I guess only Jeffrey Dahmer knows the great things about eating teenager's penises.  Some times, from the outside, everything's perfectly clear, LOL.  I don't need to go rape somebody to understand why other people rape people.  I don't need to smoke pot everyday to understand that I don't want to smoke it; I think the, oh, couple dozen times I did it before are plenty enough to base an opinion on.  You always get so twisted when people insult or say anything bad about pot, you need to find something else in your life to catch feelings about.  

u missed my point completely.  I never said you had to smoke pot your whole life to figure out what it is all about.  But if you have smoked it a lot, you can easily see that so much talk about weed that is bad is just complete bullshit.  See some of you guys wouldn't know that though.  You know what fuck it.  I am sick of arguing about this.  I don't give a fuck what you guys think about weed, it doesn't effect me at all.  I was just trying to get some of you guys to see a different side of it, cause I been on both sides- not smoking, and being a stoner.  but of course your government theories and statistics are a much better resource, after all our government gets high daily.  So fuck it, you mutha fucka's win.  Pot is the worst thing ever.  Don't ever start smoking it, or you will surely ruin your life.  And if you have smoked, well maybe you should go check into an mental hospital, because surely the effects of marijuana have caused you to go crazy and insane and you are a huge threat to society.  And also stop listening to rap, because all rappers smoke weed.  You would never want to get a message from a high person, because they make no sense at all, and are just crazy talk and portray bad messages.  Disregard anything I have ever said before this post because obviously I was so high off my mind that I couldn't even think of my own name, much less give some meaningful advice or information.

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2003, 07:45:27 PM »
Boo Hoo.  AC's insecurities come out to play once more, and he gives up, again.  

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2003, 07:51:04 PM »
i dont smoke or drink i just sell

Quakaveli

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2003, 07:57:34 PM »

WTF dont be a PUNK man :-\

budsmokeronly

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2003, 08:11:21 PM »

Well yeah.  Just recently I got fired because I kept missing work cause I was too high to get up off the couch.  So I don't have any money comming in, and I just spent the last of it on a sack.  I am gonna go file unemployment now because my brain is too faded to be able to learn how to do something new right now.  I hope I get accepted, otherwise I won't be able to pay rent.  Thats ok tho, because I will just go live out in the forest with all the other stoners.  I am thinking that might be weird at first, but my only other option would be for me to check myself into a mental institute.  On the other hand I could go to drug rehab, but I think weed is way too addictive to quit.  Yeah so I guess I am feeling a lil insecure at the time.

Quakaveli

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2003, 09:21:48 PM »

Well yeah.  Just recently I got fired because I kept missing work cause I was too high to get up off the couch.  So I don't have any money comming in, and I just spent the last of it on a sack.  I am gonna go file unemployment now because my brain is too faded to be able to learn how to do something new right now.  I hope I get accepted, otherwise I won't be able to pay rent.  Thats ok tho, because I will just go live out in the forest with all the other stoners.  I am thinking that might be weird at first, but my only other option would be for me to check myself into a mental institute.  On the other hand I could go to drug rehab, but I think weed is way too addictive to quit.  Yeah so I guess I am feeling a lil insecure at the time.

Haha Ur a classic, too bad I cant give u props, HINT Overseer, HINT!!! >:(

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2003, 11:53:53 PM »

Man, you got it rough.  I guess there's nobody to blame but yourself.

P.S., grow some balls.  If you are arguing something with somebody, dont' just give up.  That's just being a pussy.  

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2003, 07:35:29 AM »
Ok here is why I think marijuana shouldn't be legalized.

As a member of society who fully recognizes hiw own falliability I am grateful I was never exposed to weed until later in my life (18-19) years old.  I also realize that had I tried it at a previous time in my life I may have enjoyed it and used it more frequently.  Humans are not perfect and everyone should be safe from potential dangers.  Yes alcohol, and cigarettes are also potential dangers.  I am completely for campaigns that discourage alcohol and cigarette usage, especially for a younger crowd.  Why?  Because a child is not of the mind to make proper choices.  To a person that believes otherwise I can never prove the validity of this statement, except to say that if you believe a child can make choices as well as an adult your mind has not progressed much passed childhood.  There is a difference between wisdom and knowledge.  A child is not wise enough to make many decisions in regards to alcohol, cigarettes, weed, sex, and other self destructive activity.  Possessing the knowledge to do good in school, in your job etc. is different than possessing wisdom to make good decisions on all things.

Majijuana smoking comes under what I'll refer to as self-destructive behavior.  I say this for two reasons: 1) it wastes time which I find to be of value 2) it impairs thought processes temporarily and permanently depending on the degree of usage.  Temporarily pot will impair thought processes while your high and make your thinking cloudy for perhaps a few days later.  Any pot user can attest to this.  Pot users say that pot actually improves thinking at times.  Yes it improves a certain type of thinking, namely creative thinking (perhaps), but definitely impairs "rational thought."  

Creativity is useful, enjoyable, interesting.  If that is the life you desire to lead, perhaps pot will aid you.  When I stated that pot and successful living do not go hand in hand some of you took offense stating your own sucess in life.   The term success is relative to each person's believe on what success is.  For me a successful life is one in which all aspects of my life were a success to the greatest degree possible.  All aspects of my life include: my education, relationships, my choice of friends, my career, my eventual family, child raising, old age.  To successfully and enjoyable live your life by my standards you must enjoy it the whole way through.  The idea of enjoy your youth is silly because it is saying that old age isn't gonna bother you if it sucks.  It is, and anyone that thinks for a second realizes that the past however glorious ends when the present arrives.  To an extent the better your youth the more depressing your adulthood.

I mention all this because I believe that marijuana use severely impairs your ability to live successfully throughout your life and to be a success in all endevaours.  It will not help you raise children, it will most likely not help your education, it will most likely not help your career, and so on.  It is self-destructive because it represents wasted time and, while its effects probably aren't severe, it does affect your thought processes permanently a bit.  The more time one spends doing relatively useless activity during their youth the more they have to learn later on to be successful in adulthood.  Beneficial activity, one performed, is cool in that it benefits you throughout your whole life.  Once you read that knowledge is there to help you in many future decisions, gaining a new talent or ability can be used throughout the rest of your life.  Smoking weed does not help you gain any such abilities.

Pot users often cite the accomplishments of people they know as using pot and being successful.  Most of these success stories are in reference to career success.  But career success is only one form of success.  The ideal success and the more general definition I can provide is that success is a precise combination of knowledge and ability.  The most successful person has the knowledge and ability to live life however he pleases and to be successful in all his endeavours.  This is different than being successful in your job.  The successful life is one where you choose what you do without any contigent factors influencing your decision and you do what you do well.  That is my idea of a successful person.

Most people will never achieve this level of success.  I may never achieve this level of success.  However, many people decrease their potential by smoking weed, getting drunk frequently, eating unhealily, wasting time playing video games all day, and etc.  I am grateful that pot is not available legally.  Those of us who don't use it should feel likewise.  Those of us who do, will probably never know what I am talking about.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2003, 07:46:07 AM by Ant »

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2003, 08:54:03 AM »
The quote i gave earlier is from the documentary 'Grass' as Smooth said. It's quite an interesting doc (not just if you're a stoner).
Ant you say those of you who don't smoke dope should think the same as you, but i know many people (and there are many more in the UK as a whole) who think that Marijuana should be legalised. I believe it should be legalised as it does not damage others in society (unless you're driven under the influence and have an accident, which i don't approve of and is the same as alcohol) and i think it should be personal choice whether you take it or not. I do think people need to be educated on drugs in an unbiased way (i.e. not like drugs education in US schools - and for those who cuss me out for not knowing anything about education over there i have lived in the US for some of my life, this isn't what i heard of a mate or read somewhere)
I also think it should be legalised over here (UK) as the reasons behind it being prohibited are racist (and now is against what the majority of the population want).
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

budsmokeronly

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2003, 10:59:25 AM »
Man, you got it rough.  I guess there's nobody to blame but yourself.

P.S., grow some balls.  If you are arguing something with somebody, dont' just give up.  That's just being a pussy.  

Actually the only thing I can blame is the weed and the terrorists that I purchased it from.  I didn't know at the time that I was really supporting terrorists when I bought sacks, but thanks to our flawless government and their commercials now I know.  I actually have grown balls but I lost them due to all the weed that I smoked, just like 2Pac.  I had to give up in the argument against u.  I have finally learned that u r the most knowledgeable person in the world.  After all my years of weed smoking there is no possible way that my intelligence could ever match yours.  Especially with the amazing facts and statistics that you get off the internet, because we all know that everything on the internet is 100% reliable and correct, and not once in the history of mankind has there ever been a mistake made in a scientific study.  And even if you didn't give me those amazingly realistic facts and statistics I still could never match you in an argument.  You are always right, because you are the smartest person to ever walk this earth.  If Trauma says the sun rises in the west and sets in the east-THEN GODDAMNIT THAT IS HOW IT IS.  And you did get best poster on here too, which also gives you 100% credability.  Did you get the best poster for a west coast forum because of your amazing knowledge westcoast rap, and all the information you post about it?  I know for a fact you have a much more extensive knowledge of rap then people like SGV, GT, Nima, Axel, Funkadelic, Lil J, Gfunka, myself, and everyone else who considers themselves to have some knowledge.  Keep fighting the cause to never legalize weed.  Pot will ruin your life.  Fuck drugs and alcohol- they will kill you.  And remember- if you buy drugs or drive SUV's then you are supporting terrorists.

Woodrow

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2003, 11:34:45 AM »
I started smoking weed when I was 13 years old and did it on a fairly regular basis until I was 18. I'm 21 now and haven't touched it since I was 18.

*THIS IS MY PRESONAL OPINION*
I don't mind the effects of marijuana, but I feel that I'm a better person when I'm not smoking. I find it much easier to remember appointments, be productive, and live my life to its full potential. It's not to say that I wasn't a productive member of society when I was smoking, but rather I wasn't living up to my full potential. As I got my priorities straight, and made a decision what I wanted to do with my life, I found that I had no need for marijuana. I enjoyed smoking marijuana, but the effects that it had on me were just something I didn't want to have in my life anymore. Some of my best friends smoke weed daily. I don't mind people that smoke weed. If you can continue to smoke weed and contribute positively to society. Good for you. It’s the people who smoke weed and can’t contribute to society that bother me.

As far as legalization goes, I’m impartial. People who want to smoke will. A law will not stop them. If it does get legalized, I would be willing to bet that it would be HIGHLY regulated and heavily taxed. If marijuana does get legalized I would hope to see smoking weed viewed as a self imposed disability. If you smoke that joint, you won't be able to fly that airplane for a living. If you smoke weed, you won't be able to perform that brain surgery. Etc…

Murrow

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2003, 02:46:45 PM »
I smoke...and it don't effect my school work.  I have a A - for a grade point average.  So if anything, it has helped me because these grades are better than the ones I had when I didn't smoke weed.  

Infact, I'm about to smoke now before I go play basketball.