Author Topic: Suge Knight Talks To Jimmy Iovine  (Read 2759 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Suge Knight Talks To Jimmy Iovine
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2011, 02:38:33 PM »
Suge can make a comeback if he doesn't try 2 be the "celebrity" or the center of attention.  I mean he can use some of that to his advantage but I think Suge can still do a little something, he's just basically starting at the chopping block like everybody is that's new to tha game.  He's damaged goods but it's manageable, he just has to find his niche' again (find out what'll work for him instead of against him).  Idk, all i know is that i'd still root for Suge if he did something.  
I actually agree with you here.

I say start off where u left off and sign some artists to DEATHrow Records that are established or prospects with a bright future.  He can work WITH WideAwake or byhimself really.  Don't sign some washed up newer WestCoast rapper (like Eastwood for example, no disrespect), maybe sign some type of alternative rapper (that's actually hot and marketable) like a Lil' B or a Tyler the Creator, shit sign Frank Ocean.  Release the music and do the promo's and shoot for tha stars.  It could take some time and errors but it's possible to do again.  He just has to be humble with it and make amends with people and build more bridges.  
I don't think Wideawake wants anything to do with Suge. I think attaching himself to artists on the come-up will be tough because it's asking artists with a buzz to risk that by attaching their names to someone with a nefarious rep. It didn't do wonders for Petey Pablo's career. He'll really need to start from scratch. Build talent from the ground up, which is easier said than done.

And ol' boy was right, Jimmy wouldn't be where he is today without Suge getting in the picture the way he did.  Suge AND Dre helped saved and revived Interscope Records period.
Revived? They were there from jump. They helped build Interscope. But in the same breath, Interscope backed them when everyone else was caving in to public pressure. Jimmy gambled his money on Death Row and he came out on top. He could have cashed out like Time Warner did when all his golf buddies got nervous but instead he bought them out and made a killing. Interscope could have survived on their own at that point. Death Row probably wouldn't have.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2011, 02:42:10 PM »
suge helped Esham jump Proof (of d12) in Vegas in like 2002 or 2003
Source?

acidrap.net or .com back in the day, the biggest Esham website

keep in mind proof died in 2005 or 2006 so this was years back, i think that site is dead now

Eminem was shooting a video in Vegas.....I believe this is also right around the time Proof battled MC Supernatural and Supernat quit early like a bitch and it started a fight
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2011, 02:49:52 PM »
Suge can make a comeback if he doesn't try 2 be the "celebrity" or the center of attention.  I mean he can use some of that to his advantage but I think Suge can still do a little something, he's just basically starting at the chopping block like everybody is that's new to tha game.  He's damaged goods but it's manageable, he just has to find his niche' again (find out what'll work for him instead of against him).  Idk, all i know is that i'd still root for Suge if he did something.  
I actually agree with you here.

I say start off where u left off and sign some artists to DEATHrow Records that are established or prospects with a bright future.  He can work WITH WideAwake or byhimself really.  Don't sign some washed up newer WestCoast rapper (like Eastwood for example, no disrespect), maybe sign some type of alternative rapper (that's actually hot and marketable) like a Lil' B or a Tyler the Creator, shit sign Frank Ocean.  Release the music and do the promo's and shoot for tha stars.  It could take some time and errors but it's possible to do again.  He just has to be humble with it and make amends with people and build more bridges.  
I don't think Wideawake wants anything to do with Suge. I think attaching himself to artists on the come-up will be tough because it's asking artists with a buzz to risk that by attaching their names to someone with a nefarious rep. It didn't do wonders for Petey Pablo's career. He'll really need to start from scratch. Build talent from the ground up, which is easier said than done.

And ol' boy was right, Jimmy wouldn't be where he is today without Suge getting in the picture the way he did.  Suge AND Dre helped saved and revived Interscope Records period.
Revived? They were there from jump. They helped build Interscope. But in the same breath, Interscope backed them when everyone else was caving in to public pressure. Jimmy gambled his money on Death Row and he came out on top. He could have cashed out like Time Warner did when all his golf buddies got nervous but instead he bought them out and made a killing. Interscope could have survived on their own at that point. Death Row probably wouldn't have.

true.

i dont know i think DeathRow is still a brand.  it's not the powerhouse it once was but if they played their cards right/gamble it could be a little relevant again.

DeathRow Film Productions - reality tv shit
DeathRow Radio - get an XM station
DeathRow Cartoons - make ghetto ass cartoons and put em on "Adult Swim"

like i said i dont know but i do know there's still a little life left in the company, not much enough to do something with it (if he wants to).  Hell maybe Suge can pull a Diddy and just make a management company instead of a label.  Diddy had Ross, Nicki, Fab, Red Cafe' dumbass, Busta, and i think i'm forgetting somebody else too.  

at this point tho honestly, whether he does something or not he'll be alright and the legacy of DeathRow will still be intact.  but he does have alot more going against him than for him.  true bosses get passed that tho

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2011, 02:53:28 PM »
Death Row isnt relevant. Only people that care about death row are the euros on this board. I dont think anybody would want to fuck with suge. Y'all muthafukaz need to move on from the 90's

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2011, 02:54:34 PM »
Suge: " remember me?"

Jimmy: " I loved you on fresh prince"

Lol

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2011, 03:23:55 PM »
The ONLY way suge could comeback is to work completely behind the scenes.

Example, let's pretend this jimmy iovine meeting is something serious and he assigns suge as co-ceo of aftermath (lmao at the sound of that), suge could get shit done as far as getting artist / producers on board (hate all you want but dude has a crazy ear for talent) and he would actually be able to wake dre up and get him to work with the people he needs around him. But the second he comes out doing interviews and shit then itd be over for all parties involved.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2011, 04:09:15 PM »
smh at anybody who thinks Death Row is only accepted by people in Europe and the Netherlands who have accounts on dubcc.  Yall need to get out and off of dubcc a helluva lot more.  You take this forum way too serious.  Some of u bamaz have multiple accounts and its very sad in real life.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2011, 04:12:41 PM »
The netherlands is in europe you dumb fuck. In real life you have no life you live in some fucked up fantasy world of fake tracklists and movies.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2011, 04:31:28 PM »
my life is still better than your mothers head game

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »
Should you be out with your life partner raping dudes.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2011, 04:42:46 PM »
Arthur had a wonderful weekend with his life partner jeremy. They watched under the Tuscan sun and the story of us, cuddled up in matching snuggies. Then threw on some chris brown and 69ed.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2011, 04:43:40 PM »
i dont know i think DeathRow is still a brand.  it's not the powerhouse it once was but if they played their cards right/gamble it could be a little relevant again.

DeathRow Film Productions - reality tv shit
DeathRow Radio - get an XM station
DeathRow Cartoons - make ghetto ass cartoons and put em on "Adult Swim"

like i said i dont know but i do know there's still a little life left in the company, not much enough to do something with it (if he wants to).  Hell maybe Suge can pull a Diddy and just make a management company instead of a label.  Diddy had Ross, Nicki, Fab, Red Cafe' dumbass, Busta, and i think i'm forgetting somebody else too. 
Death Row had its time. It still has a strong rabid following in terms of its past but it will be very hard to breath new life into that label. As far as Suge having a management company, he did that all before. It's the same principal with a label. It's very tough to grab anybody that's even moderately established because of the aura surrounding him. Suge's aggressiveness is both his gift and curse. In the entertainment industry, perception is huge and he is perceived as a guy who people don't want to deal with. When your manager is a person that makes other artists and labels uncomfortable that basically like signing your career off to having people close doors on you.

Example, let's pretend this jimmy iovine meeting is something serious and he assigns suge as co-ceo of aftermath (lmao at the sound of that), suge could get shit done as far as getting artist / producers on board (hate all you want but dude has a crazy ear for talent) and he would actually be able to wake dre up and get him to work with the people he needs around him. But the second he comes out doing interviews and shit then itd be over for all parties involved.
I don't agree. Dre and Suge are a bad fit. Their business relationship before is proof of that. Suge was the whole reason why Dre bounced. If anything, you pair him with a younger super producer-in-training and try for results there.

Some of u bamaz have multiple accounts and its very sad in real life.
Aren't you the one who opened another account a couple days ago so you could write racist remarks about the Jewish community?

Do you have a link to that interview?
I just re-upped the thread with the audio links. I don't know if they are still work but if they do, it's a great listen.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2011, 04:49:32 PM »
i think ima start just lettin u niggaz embarass yourselves from now on.  yall practically let tha material write itsself

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2011, 04:56:01 PM »
''Pre-Teen Drama Queen Dubcc Magazine''

Jimmy H.

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2011, 05:01:44 PM »
So no response then?