Author Topic: 2pac - NY '87 & Watch Your Mouth OG CDQ *new leaks*  (Read 10273 times)

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: 2pac - NY '87 & Watch Your Mouth OG CDQ *new leaks*
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2011, 06:41:31 PM »
WOW!

Don't know the linking rules too good, but on another website there is a description of the reel/DAT that NY '87 came from.  The other tracks on the reel are a loop from Daz titled "G Ride ON The East Side" (which he eventually re-used for the track "Nigga Gotta Hustle It Up") and also Every Single Day. Now this got me thinking....if the NY '87 that just leaked really came from the reel in question...does that mean there's a possibility a CDQ version of the original "Every Single Day" might surface in the near future???

Quadruple OG

« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2011, 06:58:28 PM »
Kinda curious to see what U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E. has in store

HighEyeCue

« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2011, 07:32:46 PM »
Kurupt recycled it on the track DPG on Dillinger & Young Gotti.

Yeah, actually Daz and Kurupt recycled their verse on the DPG on Dillinger & Young Gotti.  NY 87 is a dogg pound track, not a 2Pac track. Pac was just featured on there.

I think Daz recycled some of Kurupts verse on a track

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2011, 07:47:21 PM »

I wish someone could locate the audio of B.I.G. on Hot 97 sending listeners to visit the set of DPG's video shoot. 
Someone has to have this... :-\

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2011, 07:56:23 PM »

I wish someone could locate the audio of B.I.G. on Hot 97 sending listeners to visit the set of DPG's video shoot. 

that would probably be recorded on a casette, in 1995 that was your best bet  ;D

gfunkin2

« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2011, 08:02:34 PM »
these days fucking Bad Boys era gets more respect then the Death Row/Dre & DPG do, i mean imma Jay-Z fan but Rocafella nevar had platinum plaque after platinum plaque from different artist and different out of the camp blow up on other labels (2Pac, Warren G etc) its a shame because the West is left out while other artist labels legacy are made out to be bigger that what they were...

Preach...

Cuts like Watch Ya Mouth, Smooth, 2 of America's Most Wanted, etc...it's an untouchable sound.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2011, 08:13:52 PM »

that would probably be recorded on a casette, in 1995 that was your best bet  ;D

Biggie also dissed them at a concert somewhere once calling them Puppy pound

dpg_tharow

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2011, 08:55:58 PM »

Biggie also dissed them at a concert somewhere once calling them Puppy pound

Sounds like somethin Ruthless did on a regular basis

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2011, 10:10:26 PM »
Yes, Watch Ya Mouth is an outtake from the "Makavali" album. It's actually, there is not alot of outtakes for that album.

the only ones we know for SURE are Watch ya mouth, lost souls friends and niggaz nature

i remember hearing the Outlawz really wanted "Black Jesus" to be on there but Suge didn't

Yes, all of those tracks along with "When Thugz Cry" and I think "Killuminati" as well.

805Cyclone

« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2011, 12:56:03 AM »
Awsomeness. Dont sound like CDQ but just glad to hear these tracks. Mabe some one can clean em up. Bass sounds way to lound on NY 87.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2011, 09:07:34 AM »
Awsomeness. Dont sound like CDQ but just glad to hear these tracks. Mabe some one can clean em up. Bass sounds way to lound on NY 87.

i LOVE the bass.....shit bumps hard
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2011, 10:27:14 AM »
Forgive me if i'm missing something obvious here, but why is the track called NY87?  What's the significance of the 87?  I noticed on Kurupt's Against the Grain album, he's got a song called Anarchy 87.  Is this a reference to a 187, or the year 1987?  I'm drawing a blank on this.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2011, 10:30:10 AM »
Forgive me if i'm missing something obvious here, but why is the track called NY87?  What's the significance of the 87?  I noticed on Kurupt's Against the Grain album, he's got a song called Anarchy 87.  Is this a reference to a 187, or the year 1987?  I'm drawing a blank on this.

2pac says it at the end of his verse

V2DHeart

« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2011, 11:13:25 AM »
Most on this thread propping this leak, will be the same people dissing the delays

Delays on whaT?

mickaveli mad cuz some real shit leaked that he probably had already :D

i remember your ass from musicfantalk in 2001

he says that everytime pac songs (he most likely got) leaks lol

I don't say that every time 2Pac songs leaks. I just speak my concerns on the effects that they have on the wider scheme of things

The main reason I'm against these songs leaking are due to the ripple effect they may have on track selections for upcoming retail releases, and wouldn't like to see the releases ruined for everyone else

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC

It's a reminder. West Coast rap really began properly in 1987 in a major way, blowing up and coming into it's own, NWA came out, Ice T etc. Hip Hop/Rap was predominately seen an East Coast/New York genre.  1987 also saw a lot of controversial East/West type drama, when that LA thing happened when a bunch of East coast performers went over, and violence erupted. It was all over the media, with politicians speaking on it, and certain innocent names blamed from the East coast that really had nothing to do with it. despite them being there, and happening under them, and I guess with 1997 (when this song would most likely be released) that it was a similar situation with the violence, and tensions happening, certain Westcoast people (namely 2Pac) being blamed for what was happening in the East
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2011, 01:27:52 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I knew 2pac said it in the song, but i just couldn't figure out where he was getting it from.  The whole 1987 thing seems to make sense, although I never really heard any other westcoast rappers shout out the year 1987 back in the mid 90's when this song was made and the east coast/west coast beef was really going down.  Maybe it just didn't catch on at the time.