Author Topic: Lil B – I’m Gay (I'm Happy) [discussion thread]  (Read 1933 times)

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Lil B – I’m Gay (I'm Happy) [discussion thread]
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 01:33:03 AM »
I think some of you are overrating the hell out of this album. There are definitely some dope beats, and while Lil B doesn't ruin the songs, he certainly doesn't add much to them. His lyrics range from decent to wack, and his flow is ass. There are a few good verses but that's all. Honestly, I'm not a fan of this guy but I've been giving him a chance to improve because he has potential to be much better than he is.

BTW, what a weak ass name for an album.

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 01:36:41 AM »
young jeezy is better than this weakass attention whore

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 03:19:25 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?o4z4ebht1gettlh

you can download it for free

BECAUSE I LOVE YOU IF YOU DONT HAVE 10 DOLLERS TO BUY MY NEW PROJECT FROM ME HERE IT GOES FOR FREE BECAUSE ITS LOVE AND I MADE IT FOR YOU - Lil B

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Eazy-Duz-It

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Follow me on Twitter @Jam_Starr
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 04:39:27 AM »
I just don't see the hype over this guy. He's fuckin wack.

My opinion...

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 07:19:35 AM »
Regardless. Call it judging a book by its cover because that's exactly what I'm doing but I'm not going to support nonsense

His album is called "I'm gay". I heard his joe budden diss track and dude was calling himself a "pretty bitch", he made like 200 myspace pages for attention. I'm not supporting nonsense.

QFT. This nigga was the same nigga who said he will rape Kanye and shit. Its just shock tactics to get you to pay attention to him and dumb people fall for it. Shit is straight nonsense.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 08:40:35 AM »
The ppl who claims this is good music are the ones who judge music by it's beats and really don't pay attention to lyrics.

I would appreciate it if you didn't assume that about me.  I'm not going to sit here and type up a list of some of my favorite all time lyricists, because frankly I don't need to prove that I do pay attention to lyrics.  And anyway, this is a West Coast forum, lyrics isn't what the West is famous for lol. 

Let me give you a different perspective on people that believe it's good music.  I feel that Lil B's music can't simply be categorized as just rap.  So I view him as an artist that is simply just being himself and not caring what people think of him.  If you don't like Lil B, cool but it's not fair to categorize all Lil B fans in this one little box. 

Westdog

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 11:12:22 AM »
Never thought I'd see the day that dubcnn would be raving over an album titled "I'm gay".

I'm hurt. This just may be time for me to retire my jersey.

+1
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 12:21:23 PM »
The ppl who claims this is good music are the ones who judge music by it's beats and really don't pay attention to lyrics.

I would appreciate it if you didn't assume that about me.  I'm not going to sit here and type up a list of some of my favorite all time lyricists, because frankly I don't need to prove that I do pay attention to lyrics.  And anyway, this is a West Coast forum, lyrics isn't what the West is famous for lol. 

Let me give you a different perspective on people that believe it's good music.  I feel that Lil B's music can't simply be categorized as just rap.  So I view him as an artist that is simply just being himself and not caring what people think of him.  If you don't like Lil B, cool but it's not fair to categorize all Lil B fans in this one little box. 

Smh
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 12:48:54 PM »

dude..his flow is whack. he's not even rappin, he sounds like he's on lean, talkin nonsense over nice beats. whats good about him? he makes cam'ron look like rakim.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 01:03:48 PM »
yeah his flow is pretty shitty but i was surprised that he was actually trying to rap and not just goin "woo woo swag swag" and the beats are definitely refreshing change from all the lex luger and techno type beats. definitely changed my opinion of him

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

G-Funk

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 01:12:02 PM »
Yeah his flow and delivery is pretty bad. You know how some rappers ad-lib/talk at the beginning of their songs? When I first heard a song from this dude I thought that was what he was doing but that was literally him rapping. lol!

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 01:15:36 PM »

dude..his flow is whack. he's not even rappin, he sounds like he's on lean, talkin nonsense over nice beats. whats good about him? he makes cam'ron look like rakim.

Like I said, I see him as an artist that's good beyond just the simple rap categories.  No person can actually have a case and say that the Im Gay album is just Lil B talking nonsense.  He's one of the few artists out there that has a very post-modern approach to some of his songs, and the Im Gay album is full of these post-modern songs.  He's a true independent artist that is making music he wants to make and being very creative while promoting positivity and asking for people to be open-minded on everything.  It's refreshing to see artists in any genre have this approach.  

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 01:27:43 PM »

Like I said, I see him as an artist that's good beyond just the simple rap categories.  No person can actually have a case and say that the Im Gay album is just Lil B talking nonsense.  He's one of the few artists out there that has a very post-modern approach to some of his songs, and the Im Gay album is full of these post-modern songs.  He's a true independent artist that is making music he wants to make and being very creative while promoting positivity and asking for people to be open-minded on everything.  It's refreshing to see artists in any genre have this approach. 

he's not talented...how much simpler can i make it? i dont give a fuck what he's talkin about cuz he sucks behind a mic. he's not an artist, andy milinokis ripped him on his own track.. i see lil black kids like this walk into roccys studio daily, and they think this shit goes hard as fuck and they try imitating this unimpressive style. shit like this is why our youth is goin nowhere as far hip-hop is concerned. sad stuff.

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2011, 01:29:09 PM »
Yeah his flow and delivery is pretty bad. You know how some rappers ad-lib/talk at the beginning of their songs? When I first heard a song from this dude I thought that was what he was doing but that was literally him rapping. lol!
Based Freestyyyyle! Stream of conscious flow (true freestyling)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 01:32:11 PM »
Basically NIK is trying to make a push for him to be switched from the worst rapper ever to the second worst.

As for the album, shockingly pretty tight.

I heard somewhere that he randomly leaked it because he heard that Kanye & Jay-Z announced "Watch The Throne" is coming out in like two days & they wanted to drop that album with no promotion just to prove that they could sell without any single or promotion for it. & I think Lil' B beat them to the punch lol.