Author Topic: member of De La Soul speaks out about 2pac dissing them  (Read 5208 times)

OG Hack Wilson

member of De La Soul speaks out about 2pac dissing them
« on: June 30, 2011, 09:35:24 PM »
Pos: Basically, we had did “Ego Tripping” the video [in 1993]. Pac had reached out to us because he thought we were dissing him because he thought that the video kind of mirrored “I Get Around”. He thought we were showing him in the mansion but then we were saying it wasn’t his mansion. Pac reached out like “yo, I love y’all. I love y’all so why are ya’ll dissing me?”. And I reached back to him like “dawg, we’re definitely not dissing you. We’re being clowns making fun of how certain people take the shit a little too serious” and he was like “aight, cool” [when] he reached back. But then I guess around the time when we put Stakes Is High out, and then all that nonsense happened between me and Treach [from Naughty By Nature] and all that other shit, Pac and Treach were tight. And the only reason I know the background behind this is because, maybe two years ago, I ran into Pac’s sister and she let us know that “yo, he loved y’all. He was just hurt when he thought maybe y’all dissed him”. And then how, with Stakes Is High, we came out doing what we was doing, he felt like, with his boys, like “yo, this is what I need to say”. But [Pac’s sister] was like “I want y’all to know, he loved y’all”. And I feel that. I feel like a lot of times [for example] when Shan and KRS-One beef, I don’t think people really hate each other. That’s definitely how it was for us. We loved Pac. We’ve loved so many groups. We’ve never tried to be a part of anything negative.

Ego Tripping and High Steaks lead to Pac's infamous "Fuckin clowns, watchin clips of I Get Around" on the Richie Rich Seasoned Veteran album and obviously the harder disses on he recently leaked "Watch YA Mouth"

found this at tupacnation....very interesting.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: member of De La Soul speaks out about 2pac dissing them
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 11:18:21 PM »
who is de la soul?

never heard of them....also in watch ya mouth i didnt hear any dis
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 11:30:27 PM »
who is de la soul?

u serious?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 11:42:02 PM »
15 years too late. Who cares now? His "beef" with de la soul is as interesting as his beef with da brat. I'd rather hear about his drama with tut, henchman, dexter isaac, and whoever else was involved in his shootings.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 01:32:23 AM »
Ego Tripping and High Steaks lead to Pac's infamous "Fuckin clowns, watchin clips of I Get Around" on the Richie Rich Seasoned Veteran album and obviously the harder disses on he recently leaked "Watch YA Mouth"

I never knew what that beef was about
and I didn't know that line from the Richie Rich track was aimed at them
btw, he also dissed them on "Against All Odds"

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 02:08:51 AM »
Nice, very interesting, to a lot of people this will not be interesting because they cant make anything negative about it. these punk kids hate when some shit flips positive and in Pac's favor.
i was a fan of DLS and its good to read they're side of the situation. i never knew Pac dissed them. 8)
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

Eddz

Eazy-Duz-It

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Follow me on Twitter @Jam_Starr
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 04:23:12 AM »
who is de la soul?

...You gotta be kiddin me...

Quadruple OG

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 07:45:26 AM »
who is de la soul?

Gotta be a joke...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 09:31:18 AM »
Nice, very interesting, to a lot of people this will not be interesting because they cant make anything negative about it. these punk kids hate when some shit flips positive and in Pac's favor.
i was a fan of DLS and its good to read they're side of the situation. i never knew Pac dissed them. 8)

exactly
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 01:40:34 PM »
It's pretty hard to diss De La Soul because they're not even that kind of group that relies on a tough-guy image, it's just all about the music and them having classic albums with crazy production and everything

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 01:54:45 PM »
It's pretty hard to diss De La Soul because they're not even that kind of group that relies on a tough-guy image, it's just all about the music and them having classic albums with crazy production and everything

very true but after seeing that video I can certainly understand why Pac felt he was being made fun of

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 02:07:15 PM »

very true but after seeing that video I can certainly understand why Pac felt he was being made fun of

i remember that video, it was a subliminal diss to pac, everyone in ny was saying the same shyt....ny was always dissing pac in subliminal ways that's the way they do with pac....ny stays mad at pac cause pac didnt sign with badboy, henchmen, andre harell & all them fools..   

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 02:22:16 PM »
15 years too late. Who cares now? His "beef" with de la soul is as interesting as his beef with da brat. I'd rather hear about his drama with tut, henchman, dexter isaac, and whoever else was involved in his shootings.

pacs greed got the best of em..so he got involved with dexter, isaac, henchman n the rest..

he was broke..needed money...they had weight so he became a tag alone..n eventually they fell out...

big and even mike tyson warned him not to fuck wit them cats...

but a warning dont keep u fed...

end of story

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 02:32:22 PM »
who is de la soul?

De La Soul aint west, but this gotta deserve a ban

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.