Author Topic: member of De La Soul speaks out about 2pac dissing them  (Read 5172 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: member of De La Soul speaks out about 2pac dissing them
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 02:50:27 PM »
lol at not knowing De La Soul, hip hop pass revoked! :laugh:

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 03:23:28 PM »
who is de la soul?

never heard of them....also in watch ya mouth i didnt hear any dis

De La Soul aint west, but this gotta deserve a ban

hahahahahahahaha   so true
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 03:30:38 PM »
It's pretty hard to diss De La Soul because they're not even that kind of group that relies on a tough-guy image, it's just all about the music and them having classic albums with crazy production and everything

very true but after seeing that video I can certainly understand why Pac felt he was being made fun of

i remember that video, it was a subliminal diss to pac, everyone in ny was saying the same shyt....ny was always dissing pac in subliminal ways that's the way they do with pac....ny stays mad at pac cause pac didnt sign with badboy, henchmen, andre harell & all them fools..   

Agree, Obvious subliminal diss.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 03:45:08 PM »
de la just shows what fake fucks they were
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 07:20:12 PM »
It's pretty hard to diss De La Soul because they're not even that kind of group that relies on a tough-guy image, it's just all about the music and them having classic albums with crazy production and everything

very true but after seeing that video I can certainly understand why Pac felt he was being made fun of

i remember that video, it was a subliminal diss to pac, everyone in ny was saying the same shyt....ny was always dissing pac in subliminal ways that's the way they do with pac....ny stays mad at pac cause pac didnt sign with badboy, henchmen, andre harell & all them fools..   

It wasn't anything to do with 2Pac specifically as a particular person if you know all the East coast stuff... De La and Tribe and Brand Nubian and Jungle Bros and X-Clan and all them dudes are all about being down to earth and not having flashy cars and houses and jewels and everything, they all have tons of songs which preach the same message of positivity and not living for money, etc. It wasn't like it was a one-off shot at 2Pac.

Pac was part of that crowd who was in a way glamorizing the high life, but De La weren't plotting like, "let's diss 2Pac," they were just against all the materialistic hip-hop coming out, making it known that when you see an expensive house or car in a rapper's video it's often not true to life, it's some rented stuff to give them that image.
Pac just happened to have a video out with a mansion in it around the same time. But yo, Rakim had that video at a mansion for 'Sweat The Technique', a year or so before, so De La must have been dissing him too?
Nah, because it wasn't no one specific, just their general ideology.

Elkoizm

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 07:22:27 PM »
De La are definitely those guys I respect for always dealing with things the grown way.
However, I get a sense that they will break your fucking face if someone was to step to them the wrong way.

Elkoizm

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 07:23:50 PM »
It wasn't anything to do with 2Pac specifically as a particular person if you know all the East coast stuff... De La and Tribe and Brand Nubian and Jungle Bros and X-Clan and all them dudes are all about being down to earth and not having flashy cars and houses and jewels and everything, they all have tons of songs which preach the same message of positivity and not living for money, etc. It wasn't like it was a one-off shot at 2Pac.

Pac was part of that crowd who was in a way glamorizing the high life, but De La weren't plotting like, "let's diss 2Pac," they were just against all the materialistic hip-hop coming out, making it known that when you see an expensive house or car in a rapper's video it's often not true to life, it's some rented stuff to give them that image.
Pac just happened to have a video out with a mansion in it around the same time. But yo, Rakim had that video at a mansion for 'Sweat The Technique', a year or so before, so De La must have been dissing him too?

That's right. Exactly like what The Roots did with their video for 'What They Do'.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 07:26:56 PM »

i get what u sayin homie & i actually somewhat agree but back then they were younger & were letting people get in their ears about shyt so it did looked like a hidden diss to pac..they didnt even deny it or replied to pac so it's all good...its too late anyways pac is dead & De La don't matter anymore anyways, at least they let pac sister know wassup & vice versa  :D  

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 08:23:41 PM »
De La are definitely those guys I respect for always dealing with things the grown way.
However, I get a sense that they will break your fucking face if someone was to step to them the wrong way.

i heard maceo was street certified.

Elkoizm

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 08:49:58 PM »

i heard maceo was street certified.

My source just comes from hardcore fans who are in the industry and know the guys personally.
Same goes with Tribe and the rest of the Native Tongues movement.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 11:40:50 PM »
would someone answer as to where is the diss to de la soul in "watch ya mouth"

all i hear is dr. dre......nothing else than that......

and I dont read music magazines all the time or hang out in record stores ...so there for i dont know who is de la soul ....like most people.
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

tha kid2012

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 11:50:57 PM »

and I dont read music magazines all the time or hang out in record stores ...so there for i dont know who is de la soul ....like most people.

i think the best advice for u is to not respond anymore in this thread or any other threads for a while. get ur hip hop knowledge up in silence then come back to redeem urself

2euce 7even

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2011, 06:35:22 AM »
who is de la soul?

never heard of them....also in watch ya mouth i didnt hear any dis

damn..how long uve been listen to rap?since soulja boy "crank dat"?

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 08:39:02 AM »

i think the best advice for u is to not respond anymore in this thread or any other threads for a while. get ur hip hop knowledge up in silence then come back to redeem urself

How about you dont respond to my post if you cant answer it and I dont care about Hip hop trivia...it is just entertainment....I dont plan on studying every single obscure singing groups history....anyway I heard the diss in watch ya mouth....he is saying the group is wack....wow...even more incentive for me to go and stduy them...the most famous artist around thinks they are wack
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:50:59 AM by Smackdog »
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 09:03:38 AM »
I dont plan on studying every single obscure singing groups history....

LOL, they are one of the most important and influential hip-hop groups ever, with like 3-4 classic albums

It's like a rock fan not knowing who the Rolling Stones are