Author Topic: member of De La Soul speaks out about 2pac dissing them  (Read 5174 times)

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
Re: member of De La Soul speaks out about 2pac dissing them
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2011, 09:19:06 AM »
De La are definitely those guys I respect for always dealing with things the grown way.
However, I get a sense that they will break your fucking face if someone was to step to them the wrong way.

i heard maceo was street certified.
yeah i think i heard this too...as for the ego trip video...they used to always speak out against the mainstream 'bling, flashy rappers', so it wasn't a specific diss, but more a blanket statement on that style, they've always made statements on the current state of hiphop at whatever particular time (some say they dissed the wu back on the stakes is high album too "the only Italians you know are icy's")...so its no different than any other 'conscious rapper dissing whatever is in the mainstream, which happen all the time
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2011, 10:24:34 AM »
would someone answer as to where is the diss to de la soul in "watch ya mouth"

all i hear is dr. dre......nothing else than that......

and I dont read music magazines all the time or hang out in record stores ...so there for i dont know who is de la soul ....like most people.

@ 1:13

"De-La got a problem with this hard shit
Ever since “me myself and I”, y’all been garbage
I’m gonna keep it real, show you how it feels to ride
Y’all went three feet and stopped risin’."

V2DHeart

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2011, 10:56:16 AM »

and I dont read music magazines all the time or hang out in record stores ...so there for i dont know who is de la soul ....like most people.

Pac states that since their hit "Me, Myself and I", they've been garbage... 2Pac also showed them a bit of love by mentioning them in "Old School" about them putting pot holes in the game.

De La Soul are that type of group from New York doing tame, and positive rap, like "A Tribe Called Quest", Talib Kweli etc. They were big in 1989/1990, and brought out Potholes in My Lawn, Me Myself and I. Youtube some of the singles from their 3 feet High & Rising, you'll more than likely notice some of their work
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2011, 02:01:43 PM »

Pac states that since their hit "Me, Myself and I", they've been garbage... 2Pac also showed them a bit of love by mentioning them in "Old School" about them putting pot holes in the game.

De La Soul are that type of group from New York doing tame, and positive rap, like "A Tribe Called Quest", Talib Kweli etc. They were big in 1989/1990, and brought out Potholes in My Lawn, Me Myself and I. Youtube some of the singles from their 3 feet High & Rising, you'll more than likely notice some of their work

Thank YOu
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 06:02:15 AM »
who is de la soul?

never heard of them....also in watch ya mouth i didnt hear any dis

I'm sorry for bumping this, but WHAT THE FUCK! LOL

kemizt

2euce 7even

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2011, 10:57:50 AM »
who is de la soul?

never heard of them....also in watch ya mouth i didnt hear any dis

I'm sorry for bumping this, but WHAT THE FUCK! LOL

yep.thats like the otha dude said a rock fan not knowin who rolling stones are :D

but

FUCK DE LA SOUL THEY ARE PUNKS

De-La got a problem with this hard shit
Ever since “me myself and I”, y’all been garbage
I’m gonna keep it real, show you how it feels to ride
Y’all went three feet and stopped risin’."

This.

hitsaw

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2011, 07:19:56 AM »

you better delete your acount if you got some self-respect

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2011, 01:24:37 PM »
de la are royalty in this culture,you lil young i succ only west coast dicc niggas is worst then soda roy fans, and equals say they punks cause pac said it hahahahah you equals just proved why they wiggers deep down in side, de la soul is dead,buhloon mind state, who bought the skit to the game,the whisper rap to the game is you cunts serious yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2011, 04:20:41 PM »
Smackdog, I'm sorry but you've lost all credibility on this forum when it comes to speaking on hip-hop. This explains a lot, as you've come off as an ignorant, small minded peon in many of your posts - so it all makes sense now.

De La Soul is a forefather in hip-hop and anyone who is even a casual hip hop fan should at least know "Me, Myself and I."

This has nothing to do with "reading magazines," some things are just common knowledge.

You shouldn't be ashamed - I'm sure there's plenty of wiggers on this forum who have no idea who De La Soul is. I wouldn't be surprised if some of you don't know who Eric B and Rakim, Keith Murray, Erick Sermon or Big Daddy Kane are.

It's like - don't talk politics with someone if you don't know who Ronald Reagan is (come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if Smackdog doesn't know who Reagan is).