Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - Section.80 (Discussion Thread)  (Read 3355 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kendrick Lamar - Section.80 (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2011, 01:11:08 PM »
lolllllll  thats classic!!!! Love it!!

makaveliapostle

« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2011, 09:40:24 AM »
i agree, the overall sound was a bit monotonous.  "chapter six" and "keisha's song" were standouts to me.  i gotta say, i was slightly disappointed with the album.  i prefer his EP and Overly Dedicated more, but I definitely still support this cat.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2011, 02:38:59 PM »
Album gets better with every spin, spiteful chant is my shit right now.

"Everybody heard I fuck with Dre and they wanna tell me I made it, Nigga I ain't made shit, if he ever gave me a handout I'm a take his wrist and break it"

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

TerryMak

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2011, 03:26:34 PM »
Classic

"Back to put you backstabbers back on your spinal bone
You slipped your diisc when I slipped you my disc
You wanted to diss but jumped on my dick"

lol

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:42:47 PM by TerryMak »

Okka

« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2011, 04:56:17 PM »
I'm not really feelin' all of the beats on the album, but "Section.80" does have a lot of dope songs on it. I've been bumpin' "ADHD", "No Make-Up", "The Spiteful Chant" and "Keisha's Song" the most. Kendrick's talented, no doubt about that. His music is real "different" though, so i can understand why some people might not like his shit. I need to check out some of his older material too.

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2011, 06:25:26 PM »
Just got my signed copy today, came via fedex, anyone else get thiers?

jeanmiche777

« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2011, 06:36:42 PM »
I don't feel like most of the posters here. I think this IS a good album, nothing more, nothing less. It's no classic. There's 2 songs I really like more than the others for a simple reason; Kendrick is not trying to do too much. Sometimes I feel like talented artist and/or lyricist are trying to make crazy flows and wordplays instead of just freestyling what they have in their mind. I think it's one of the reasons I probably won't listen to the album for too long.

My favorite track is Poe Mans Dreams because it was smooth, incredible flow and nice lyrics, not too forced. It suits the beat. I hate it when the rapper and the beat seems to be separated, I don't know how to explain it, but this is my opinion. I can understand that some people will really like the album, because he got lyrics for days and the production is almost flawless (I don,t personnaly like Tammy's song and Chapter Ten)

6/10, this guy is incredibly talented and can do a much better album. I'm sure he will do it in a near future.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2011, 12:05:36 AM »
I don't feel like most of the posters here. I think this IS a good album, nothing more, nothing less.
didn't you mean to say decent? since you gave it a 6/10

Bungalow

• 'G'
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2011, 01:50:01 AM »
Its not a classic, no way in hell...Its an average album with 2-3 good songs (Hiiipower, Tammy's Song & kind off liked Keisha's Song) . Better choice of beats would made it a good album. I give it 5 of 10.

Young Old Head

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2011, 03:51:19 AM »
Just got my signed copy today, came via fedex, anyone else get thiers?

i was wondering if this a real stamped cd or a burned cdr??

Cash Money Blood Gang

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2011, 09:41:37 AM »
It's a classic album, far better than todays new rap albums, he keeps it  100.
My fav. tracks are: HiiiPower, Ronald Reagen Era, Fuck Your Ethnicity & Hol' Up

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2011, 01:55:49 PM »
I don't feel like most of the posters here. I think this IS a good album, nothing more, nothing less. It's no classic. There's 2 songs I really like more than the others for a simple reason; Kendrick is not trying to do too much. Sometimes I feel like talented artist and/or lyricist are trying to make crazy flows and wordplays instead of just freestyling what they have in their mind. I think it's one of the reasons I probably won't listen to the album for too long.

My favorite track is Poe Mans Dreams because it was smooth, incredible flow and nice lyrics, not too forced. It suits the beat. I hate it when the rapper and the beat seems to be separated, I don't know how to explain it, but this is my opinion. I can understand that some people will really like the album, because he got lyrics for days and the production is almost flawless (I don,t personnaly like Tammy's song and Chapter Ten)

6/10, this guy is incredibly talented and can do a much better album. I'm sure he will do it in a near future.

i can see where ur coming from, but imo i thought kendrick spoke his mind as best as he can, but at the same time appeal to more than just one group of fans.

making a sucessful rap album is fuckign hard because theres so many sub genres, and to make it listenable to all fan bases is close to impossible.

imo mixtapes and album switched places, mixtape tracks these days are somtimes much better quality than in most albums. IE crooked i

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

jeanmiche777

« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2011, 02:59:10 PM »
I don't feel like most of the posters here. I think this IS a good album, nothing more, nothing less.
didn't you mean to say decent? since you gave it a 6/10

No for me most rap albums these days get 5/10 or less so I guess it's fair to say it's a good album. I'll bump it a few times, keep 2 or 3 songs, and then forget about it. I really like the production on this.

6 = Good
7= Very good
8= Must Have
9= Personnal Classic
10= Top 5 album ever

For me at least heh I think people these days are way to quick to call something a classic or a 8/10 - 9/10 album

i can see where ur coming from, but imo i thought kendrick spoke his mind as best as he can, but at the same time appeal to more than just one group of fans.

making a sucessful rap album is fuckign hard because theres so many sub genres, and to make it listenable to all fan bases is close to impossible.

imo mixtapes and album switched places, mixtape tracks these days are somtimes much better quality than in most albums. IE crooked i

This is exactly how I feel. I don't like that. Just do you, let it flow.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 03:01:30 PM by DJMR »

TerryMak

« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2011, 03:44:10 PM »
Modified to 9 i guess :sun:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:14:52 PM by TerryMak »