Author Topic: Remember when the Mets were good?  (Read 340 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Remember when the Mets were good?
« on: June 28, 2011, 08:42:24 PM »
that's right, neither do I  8)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Remember when the Mets were good?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 10:09:48 PM »
ziiing!

theremedy360

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 10:44:30 PM »
Reyes is playing out of his mind, that Mets fan should have waited till this season to say he was better than Ichiro and it wouldn't have sounded so ridiculous.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 10:45:40 PM »
Reyes is playing out of his mind, that Mets fan should have waited till this season to say he was better than Ichiro and it wouldn't have sounded so ridiculous.
haha

and by next year Reyes will be playing for the Angels or Cubs or some other big market team that'll pay him
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Your favorite posters favorite poster

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 05:26:15 PM »

Never said Reyes was better, but Hack likes to twist words.  I said he was more exciting.  But for the record Ichiro has never had a season like Reyes is having right now

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 05:28:10 PM »
haha

and by next year Reyes will be playing for the Angels or Cubs or some other big market team that'll pay him

Don't worry Hack, you won't get under my skin after this season because where ever he ends up I'm jumping ship to that team until the Jewpons are forced to sell the Mets 100%.  And if he signs with the Yanks I'll never watch another game of Baseball as long as I live.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 05:34:01 PM »

Never said Reyes was better, but Hack likes to twist words.  I said he was more exciting.  But for the record Ichiro has never had a season like Reyes is having right now

umm 2001 and 2004 >

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 05:34:26 PM »
haha

Don't worry Hack, you won't get under my skin after this season because where ever he ends up I'm jumping ship to that team until the Jewpons are forced to sell the Mets 100%.  And if he signs with the Yanks I'll never watch another game of Baseball as long as I live.

lol    i was just gonna ask what if he joined the yankees :D

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 05:49:24 PM »

umm 2001 and 2004 >

Really ?  Math wasn't my strongest class growing up but last time I check a 922 OPS and 157 OPS+ >>>> 838 and 126+/ 869 and 130 OPS+.  He already has more triples than Ichiro ever has in any season (on pace for 31) he is also on pace for 60 SB's which is more than any Ichiro season.  Also Ichiro's career high WAR was 7.2 which was in 2004.  Reyes's WAR is already 5.1.  Also Reyes is doing this at more demanding and important position on the field.  Ichiro has had the better career thus far but if Reyes continues doing what he is doing, Ichiro's best season won't be close.

Also Reyes is basically keeping the Mets in the Wild Card chase

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 05:49:59 PM »
haha

lol    i was just gonna ask what if he joined the yankees :D

I'll never watch another game of Baseball

theremedy360

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 12:10:27 AM »

Aside from Ichiro's amazing outfield plays I can agree with that. One of the most consistent players of all time but there are plenty of players who are more fun to watch.

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 02:05:46 PM »
Jose Reyes finished June with 45 hits, 29 runs scored, seven triples and 11 stolen bases in 26 games.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, no other major-league player had reached all four of those levels in one month since July, 1912 when Ty Cobb accumulated 68 hits, 33 runs, eight triples and 15 steals in 30 games.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 02:35:37 PM »
ty cobb is the second best player in MLB history behind that Ruth guy for those who are from europe and don't know baseball

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »

Aside from Ichiro's amazing outfield plays I can agree with that. One of the most consistent players of all time but there are plenty of players who are more fun to watch.

I'd still say Ichiro's 2001 and 2004 will be better than Reyes because I predict Reyes has a dropoff from whereh e's at now

if he ends with a 150 or higher OPS+ then I'd take that back obviously