Author Topic: ##MAKAVELI DEMO##NM.COM EXXXCLUSIVE###its time for the real shit guys, the most  (Read 6451 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Hail Mary also has a sound effect at the end that blends into Krazy. That sound effect wasn't on the released version. When Thugz Cry has the prayer intro but it and the adlibs sound like they're coming from a loudspeaker. There's no Nas diss at the end.

yeah I was disapointed about the lack of an outro on when thugz cry but whatever

i suppose I've had that outro memorized since 2000 so it's no big deal
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
I prefer the actual released version. The one that was released seems to gel better with where the songs were on the album and the actual tracks. "Lost Souls" and "Niggaz Nature" sounds out of place on this version album.

If anyone's looking for a cover for this leak, I found this online, from DatPiff

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree about Lost Souls and Niggaz Nature, and here's why:

This version of the Makaveli album has a different feel to it than the one we all know.  I'd even go as far to say this one this one has a more epic and ominous vibe than the retail.  The key to understanding this is to not even think about the retail version when you hear this.  It sounds kinda out there, but you have to place yourself back in that timeframe of September/October 1996 and act like this is your first posthumous listen to a 2Pac album or bootleg before listening from beginning to end.  Unless I'm mistaken, this is the version intended for release by 2Pac himself, and that adds to the listening experience as well.  I really like the way When Thugs Cry ends the album here.  Not only is it a different mix than the few that we've heard over the years, but you have that 2Pac prayer at the intro that eerily gives you the feeling that 2Pac knew the end was near. By the time that song nears its end, you think to yourself "oh shit, Pac's gone".  Had I heard this version in 1996, it would have been easy to accept this as 2Pac's definitive final contribution to hip hop (before the flood of bootlegs afterward, of course).  And this version of the album makes you realize 2Pac was just getting started before his time was cut short.

Yes a lot of his 1996 sessions were songs foreshadowing his own death, but the Makaveli album was the last complete work he had a hand in putting together, and the sequencing/editing really shows that here.  I will however slightly agree with you about Lost Souls being out of place, but only because there's not a proper transition from Hold Ya Head to Lost Souls.  It just starts right away instead of blending in seamlessly like the rest of the tracks on the album. Seems like they ran out of time to add that last final touch.

This is a piece of history here.  Much much props to NM.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:15:11 AM by LodiDodi »

OG Hack Wilson

there are 2 master reels going around and this one is a mix of the 2

still great to have tho
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

2euce 7even

wasnt it leaked by qdIII a while ago?

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
I really like the way When Thugs Cry ends the album here.  Not only is it a different mix than the few that we've heard over the years, but you have that 2Pac prayer at the intro that eerily gives you the feeling that 2Pac knew the end was near. By the time that song nears its end, you think to yourself "oh shit, Pac's gone".

I have the same feeling. The way he speaks over the "When Thugs Cry" and the Interlude before it is just eerie as fuck.

OG Snoopaveli

Fuck! this demo is tha shit! glad that i have it! A classic album!  8)

dpg_tharow

• Lil Geezy
I would love for someone with some master skills to do some magic on this demo

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
you mean there are 2 different demos?
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Good shit thanks.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
I could clean up the tracks but whats the point....thats why its called a DEMO....u get to hear the music before it hits the mastering process 8)
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

SGT x Tok3R

• Muthafuckin' OG
if anyone has true wavs (if they exist) of the mak demo, please pm me in hopes that we can work something out.

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
I honestly like this version of Whiteman'z World better....the mix is  8)
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
The songs contained in this release are from a reference CD that was pressed for demo use. This is the actual version of the album that was played in Suge Knight's car the night Tupac got shot in Vegas. These are the final mixdowns of the songs prior to the mastering session when the songs were mixed together. Some of the songs feature additional ad-libs previously hidden or not featured on the initial album release.

Actual demo Suge was bumping that night in Vegas....crazy

dpg_tharow

• Lil Geezy
I could clean up the tracks but whats the point....thats why its called a DEMO....u get to hear the music before it hits the mastering process 8)

To adjust the volume levels on tracks etc, make it sound more even quality wise. Isn't that the point, making it sound as good as it could possible since some tracks are in real good quality and others are average, it would sound way better if its about the same all around.

rs1000

• Lil Geezy
Unlike All eyez on me the makaveli retail album was never mixed check out what tommy d says at 5:40 on this video that is why the retail of the makaveli album does not have the sound quality of all eyez on me.