Author Topic: 50 Cent Thoughts  (Read 374 times)

Murrow

50 Cent Thoughts
« on: January 15, 2003, 01:36:30 PM »
I think his whole situation is interesting as well as amazing.

This is a str8 thug outta NY who gets shot 9 times...he lives through that, and then makes a song like "How To Rob"  Now I don't know if he did that before he was shot, but either way...

Then, he gets scopped up by someone like Dr. Dre & Eminem.  Out of nowhere.  I mean, that is pretty heavy, and since it is someone controversial like 50 I think he felt like he still had to prove himself.

Now, he is coming out with his first proper debut.  It's all eyes on him and there is no rapper right now with so much clout and talk about him like now.  The album is really do or die so I think the title is suitable.

Off the top of my head I don't think there has been a rapper since 2Pac who has come of drama like getting shot followed by coming back out like 50.

I was watching the "In Da Club" video and realized how he has crossed that line over to mainstream.  

His album will be big, it will go platinum for sure.

BTW did anyone notice D-12 in the video?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2003, 01:44:20 PM by Murrow »

dpgc2002

Re:50 Cent Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2003, 01:45:18 PM »
I can't believe all this hype for a mediocre MC...Funny how New York used to pride itself on bringing up dope lyricists, Biggie, Nas, Jigga(Reasonable Doubt was the shit) and now comes 50 who's more than a gimmick than anything...and he's the hottest nigga out on the streets of NY...Amazing...

Murrow

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2003, 01:58:25 PM »
I can't believe all this hype for a mediocre MC...Funny how New York used to pride itself on bringing up dope lyricists, Biggie, Nas, Jigga(Reasonable Doubt was the shit) and now comes 50 who's more than a gimmick than anything...and he's the hottest nigga out on the streets of NY...Amazing...

Oh well.  I was never into hardcore/raw rappers like 50.  I like him though.  I think he is humurous as well seeing he is so hardcore.

EM28

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2003, 02:43:04 PM »
yeah i saw the video and liked it.  I agree wit what you said about him being shot 9 times and living then returning to rap.  the only person since 2pac to be able to come back like that.

peace

DeaDSouLjaH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2003, 02:53:17 PM »
well ... i dont know y everyone is making  a big deal about the number of times he's been shot ...
it doesnt matter how many times he's been shot and abt how he is making a return after that ...
if u aint good... then even a 100 bullet shots aint gonna help ya..
50 cent's name should not even be mentioned within a 200 mile radius of pac's name...

Awards:
Most Improved (January)
Emcee of the Month(February)
Battle Emcee of the Month(February)
Rhyme of the Month(February)

Record:17-8-1
[/color]

EM28

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2003, 03:00:30 PM »
well ... i dont know y everyone is making  a big deal about the number of times he's been shot ...
it doesnt matter how many times he's been shot and abt how he is making a return after that ...
50 cent's name should not even be mentioned within a 200 mile radius of pac's name...

that's your opinion, but i really feel 50 as an artist not the best lyricist but i really like his songs.  I know 50's album is gonna go platinum but that doesn't really matter. Murrow was just saying that its amazing how many times 50 was shot and returned to the business.  he wasn't saying that 50 was as good as pac.  at least that's what i think

peace

Murrow

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2003, 03:19:24 PM »

that's your opinion, but i really feel 50 as an artist not the best lyricist but i really like his songs.  I know 50's album is gonna go platinum but that doesn't really matter. Murrow was just saying that its amazing how many times 50 was shot and returned to the business.  he wasn't saying that 50 was as good as pac.  at least that's what i think

peace

Yup thank you.

BIG.DADDY

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • back da fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2003, 03:45:41 PM »
If you like him or not, you gotta give it up to him for being as persistant and hardworking as he is. The kid stays on the mixtape circuit, he has about 5 or 6 of his own mixtapes he's the hottest thing in the streets right now. Power of the dollar was a hot album and so was the g-unit's no mercy no frear.
Dont hate. Give credit where credit is due, if 50 aint your style of music just say so.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2003, 03:51:39 PM »
the kid actually gotta goodvicoe when he doin hooks, u can actually hear what he sayin easuly, but he aint all that, but he can be addictive......but with all these dre beats on the album, imma cop it

peace

bez

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2003, 04:43:14 PM »
I like the kid, hes got talent and hes a hard worker.  I will be coppin his album for sure. Its guna be a good year for the math, Ice Cube, Maybe a new Em album, Rakim, D-12. Guna be the shit.

EM28

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2003, 04:51:05 PM »
I like the kid, hes got talent and hes a hard worker.  I will be coppin his album for sure. Its guna be a good year for the math, Ice Cube, Maybe a new Em album, Rakim, D-12. Guna be the shit.

me too no doubt.
I know you said maybe but i don't think there will be a new eminem cd, although i wouldn't mind.

peace

bez

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2003, 04:56:19 PM »

me too no doubt.
I know you said maybe but i don't think there will be a new eminem cd, although i wouldn't mind.

peace

All we can do is pray!

EM28

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2003, 05:29:13 PM »

me too no doubt.

peace

All we can do is pray!

lol, i'm wit ya brother

peace

S.G.V.

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2003, 06:55:13 PM »
so according to yall if u get shot a lot of times then ur real?...LMAO...just means the person who shot u doesnt know how to shoot...lol...either way him gettin shot has nothin to do with his weak emceeing...he does that on his own

__kaLipZo__

• Apocalypstic Immortal
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2003, 07:47:33 PM »
According to BallerStatus.net 50Cent is dissing Wu Tang's Ghostface Killa. 50Cent gets more and more unpopular in the game, cause today he had chosen one big 'victim'. It's no less-known than Wu Tang Clan's Ghostface Killah. "Oh Yeah, Fu** You Ghostface" and "Shoot em up" are tracks which contain disses of 50 directed straight to Ghostface Killah. But "Oh Yeah, Fu** You Ghostface" is the same song called "I'm A Rider" a.k.a. "Ghostface Diss". In that song 50 is refered to what Ghost did on Supreme Clientle which came out in Jan 2000. If he was going to speak on this on wax but listen to them yourself:

aftermathmusic.com
Battle Record: 20 - 3
14 KO's

Febuary's Battle Mc Of The Month.
March's Wordplay Mc
March's Best Punchline Mc