Author Topic: Serious question: Does Game have any classic songs?  (Read 1362 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Serious question: Does Game have any classic songs?
« on: July 10, 2011, 04:47:16 PM »
I just skimmed through the tracklistings of his three albums & I honestly didn't see any song that struck me as "classic".

I love his first two albums. But they are just filled with good songs from top to bottom; hence why they're great albums.

I'm talking classic music. I don't think Game has one. "Start From Scratch", "Put You On The Game", etc. just really dope songs to me, but all-time classics? No shot.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Serious question: Does Game have any classic songs?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 04:52:47 PM »
Actually now that I think about it, some of my favorite Game tracks come from mixtapes.

Personal classic for me is One Night

dj Hurricane

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 05:01:55 PM »
Old English is classic for me but some of his mixtape work is also very good

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 05:38:19 PM »
No. Many high quality songs, but none that have wide enough recognition to be considered classics.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 05:48:45 PM »
Hate it or Love it is probably the closest he's got

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 06:04:19 PM »
No. Many high quality songs, but none that have wide enough recognition to be considered classics.

Mind-boggling truth.

EnzoUK

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »
cham been a subliminal game hater since day 1  ;D
Twitter: @EnzoUK

Matty

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 06:39:40 PM »
Hate it or Love it is probably the closest he's got

that and 'How We Do' as a pure club joint. funnily enough the beats & 50 make both records for the most part. nothing else really.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 08:19:37 PM »

Name me some classics.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 09:32:35 PM »
"Dreams"? My personal FAV Game track.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 09:38:26 PM »
no...
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

h2k4

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 09:42:08 PM »

Haha, pretty much.  Everyone has their own opinion of what's considered a classic.  That term is used too much.  Fuck what other people say is a classic, like what you like.  If it's your personal classic, then it's a classic to you.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 09:43:40 PM »
I def think "This is How We Do" and "Hate it or Love It" are classic tracks in most people's eyes. For me, tracks like "Da Shit", "Letter to The King", "Angel", "Going in For The Kill" and "This Way" are personal classics.

I'm not convinced he's hit his prime yet when it comes to releasing dope music. With the stuff I've heard Pharrell, Diddy, Snoop, Cool and Dre, and other people say about RED, I'm hoping the best is yet to come.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 09:48:30 PM »

I mean, I have no right to say what is & isn't classic to individuals. If it's classic to you, I'm not gunna say it isn't to you.

As for how most Hip Hop fans view it? I don't hear many people talk about how great that song is just out of Game's discography, let alone Hip Hop history.

Haha, pretty much.  Everyone has their own opinion of what's considered a classic.  That term is used too much.  Fuck what other people say is a classic, like what you like.  If it's your personal classic, then it's a classic to you.

Second person to stamp "hater" & not even name me a classic. Is it because it upsets you Game doesn't have a classic & trying to belittle the person questioning it makes it better? :eh:

Let's say I was the biggest Game hater on the planet, would it change the fact he probably doesn't have a classic song?

Think about it, if I was a Tupac or Eminem hater & made this thread "out of hate", there would be 200 people in here just dropping classics. I think I'm raising an interesting question, regardless of my personal thoughts on Game.

h2k4

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 09:51:25 PM »

I mean, I have no right to say what is & isn't classic to individuals. If it's classic to you, I'm not gunna say it isn't to you.

As for how most Hip Hop fans view it? I don't hear many people talk about how great that song is just out of Game's discography, let alone Hip Hop history.

Second person to stamp "hater" & not even name me a classic. Is it because it upsets you Game doesn't have a classic & trying to belittle the person questioning it makes it better? :eh:

Let's say I was the biggest Game hater on the planet, would it change the fact he probably doesn't have a classic song?

Think about it, if I was a Tupac or Eminem hater & made this thread "out of hate", there would be 200 people in here just dropping classics. I think I'm raising an interesting question, regardless of my personal thoughts on Game.

Oh, you didn't get what I wrote?  I could name off quite a few.  But the fact of the matter is, you will just say it's not.  So what's the point?