Author Topic: Serious question: Does Game have any classic songs?  (Read 1398 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Serious question: Does Game have any classic songs?
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2011, 12:33:14 PM »
^How do you listen to that song more than twice?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2011, 12:45:14 PM »
^ why do you post on this forum?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2011, 01:03:36 PM »
To me a classic is not just about the songs, but also the persona and the label. Game has made such an impact on the hiphop community when he came out on Aftermath, it's just like back in the day when Death Row was pushing artists.

That's a no to the question.

xxrayrayxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SouthSiders XIII
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2011, 01:19:11 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4</a>

What Doesnt Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2011, 01:29:48 PM »
runnin...imo yayo wrecked that bitch

kolaboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »
Hell Naw, The Game Is A Mixtape Artist!!!

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2011, 01:56:50 PM »
Dont think he has any classics no. I do think he has some really dope songs tho. My fav game songd are
Put You On The Game
Bang Along
Where I'm From (YKWII 4)

Okka

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2011, 02:05:57 PM »
I'd say "Hate It Or Love It" is a classic.

hitsaw

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2011, 02:27:54 PM »
Hate it or love it

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »

Obviously not to ride Game's dick & call a 20 minute rambling session a "classic" Hip Hop song.

Son is talking like "300 Bars" is indisputable. That's mind-blowing considering it wasn't even for an album, so how the popular recognition would be there is crazy to me lol.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2011, 02:38:21 PM »
 Bethoven's symphony no.9 is a classic. rappers had only hit songs. none of them had classics... they're entertainers... not artists  ;)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2011, 02:51:55 PM »
Dude how is 300 bars not classic? 6 years later and I'm still amazed at that shit. Everyone thought game was ja rule jr or atleast gonna get bitched like jadakiss when he left. But instead he single handedly ruined 50's rein of terrorizing the industry. In the midst of the crunk era this dude had 300 bars (a 15 minute diss track) getting regular spins on the radio. Do me a favor and name 1 other rapper that could pull that shit off. Don't worry ill wait...

....... 300 bars is no where near classic. its a dope track, one of my fav diss/ game tracks, but im not too much of a game fan and never was, i actually disliked game cuz he was in g-unit with that east coast post 2001 g-unit sound. but i grew into it, but i give props when its due, and he hasnt contributed much at all. what documentary was his only relevant album.

i liked doctors advocate and LAX, dont get me wrong, but their no where near classic or legend level nor are any of the tracks.

Classics : Nuthin But A G Thang, Let Me Ride, Whats My Name, Life Goes On, Hit Em Up, Boyz N Tha Hood, Real Muthafuckin G's, Doggy Dogg World, Regulate,  etc etc (u guys know what i mean)

something of that caliber, and 300 bars is no where near them.

classic needs to define the rapper, what their famous for their identity, how we do and hate it or love it is game.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2011, 02:56:34 PM »

Obviously not to ride Game's dick & call a 20 minute rambling session a "classic" Hip Hop song.

Son is talking like "300 Bars" is indisputable. That's mind-blowing considering it wasn't even for an album, so how the popular recognition would be there is crazy to me lol.
dog, you can't put a 20 minute song on an album. As an interscope artist you also can't clear a song for an album dissing a label mate let alone using all those beats lol I do think Game over satuated hip hop fans with g unit disses which makes some people forget about 300 bars. IMO Game should have dropped 300 bars and maybe 2 other records. Instead he continued to diss them even as far as 2008 and put out numerous mixtapes. Classic diss record yes.....song? maybe not. The song caught enough buzz to be played back to back at radio stations when it first came out, it was huge.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2011, 02:59:35 PM »
agreed, but game as an MC is known as a controversial artist surrounded by beef. 300 bars was a problem at the time.

Dude how is 300 bars not classic? 6 years later and I'm still amazed at that shit. Everyone thought game was ja rule jr or atleast gonna get bitched like jadakiss when he left. But instead he single handedly ruined 50's rein of terrorizing the industry. In the midst of the crunk era this dude had 300 bars (a 15 minute diss track) getting regular spins on the radio. Do me a favor and name 1 other rapper that could pull that shit off. Don't worry ill wait...

....... 300 bars is no where near classic. its a dope track, one of my fav diss/ game tracks, but im not too much of a game fan and never was, i actually disliked game cuz he was in g-unit with that east coast post 2001 g-unit sound. but i grew into it, but i give props when its due, and he hasnt contributed much at all. what documentary was his only relevant album.

i liked doctors advocate and LAX, dont get me wrong, but their no where near classic or legend level nor are any of the tracks.

Classics : Nuthin But A G Thang, Let Me Ride, Whats My Name, Life Goes On, Hit Em Up, Boyz N Tha Hood, Real Muthafuckin G's, Doggy Dogg World, Regulate,  etc etc (u guys know what i mean)

classic needs to define the rapper, what their famous for their identity, how we do and hate it or love it is game.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2011, 03:16:34 PM »
agreed, but game as an MC is known as a controversial artist surrounded by beef. 300 bars was a problem at the time.

lol controversial rapper? dude had the gayest beefs in the history of the rap game, in a time a diss track hardly means anything, nobody gives a shit about diss tracks nevertheless battling, the last diss track/beef that was even relevant enough to destroy ones career was ja rule n eminem.

not to knock on game i like him as rapper but, first of all his rap beef was over some publicity shit, and niggas a goddamn weirdo, he aint no "real g" and he doesnt keep it real (opbviously from the shit he does and all the stupid ignorant shit he says) nigga talks like a fucking 14 yr old that just go put on the hood, he doesnt talk like no "og" that he claims to be.

and its a known face dude was playing street fighter 3rd strike and basketball at uc irvine or riverside (i forget) all day n all night, and THEN at age waht? 20or 21 he joins black wall street. dudes a fake gangsta and its not even hard to see,. u can tell by how this dude acts like. lol all that "interviews" of his childhood is bullshit, to get money but niggas too dumb to realized back then that shit wasnt gonna sell.

he acts like a straight wanksta like my god, if he were to be UR friend acting like that, ud be embarrassed to kick it with him or to be out with him in public.

i know it went kinda off topic, but controversial is hardly the way id put it, more like lil whiny drama queen faggot, cuz thats basically how he presented himself with that whole thing.

lol MC, id hardly say game is a true MC. dude name drops so much it should officially be "his style of rapping"

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.