Author Topic: Serious question: Does Game have any classic songs?  (Read 1364 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Serious question: Does Game have any classic songs?
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2011, 03:18:49 PM »
Calling 300 Bars a classic diss track...understandable.

Putting it among great songs...not a shot.

kolaboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2011, 03:51:18 PM »
200 Bars Was The Best One To Me But Still That Is More Of A Mixtape Track Instead Of A Classic!!!

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2011, 03:57:24 PM »
I'd call Hate it or Love it and Dreams classics.

kemizt

HighEyeCue

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2011, 04:42:39 PM »
Hate it or Love it is probably the closest he's got

that and 'How We Do' as a pure club joint. funnily enough the beats & 50 make both records for the most part. nothing else really.

forgot about How We Do, I guess its not classic :D

IMO those 2 are the only tracks Game has made that there could be an argument for

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2011, 05:25:23 PM »
The only two game songs that can be even discussed as being classic are basically 50 cent songs ft game lol

Elkoizm

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2011, 05:26:25 PM »
Calling 300 Bars a classic diss track...understandable.

Putting it among great songs...not a shot.

h2k4

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2011, 09:46:37 PM »
I mean, generally classic? I'm not disputing people have the right to call things classic. I think Joe Budden has classics. Xzibit's "Weapons of Mass Destruction" was a personal classic. If people don't agree, I can understand why.

However, something that is generally classic is something a large amount of people understand is truly classic. You're not gunna find too many people who will tell you Dre doesn't have two classic albums or Nas doesn't have any classic songs. Basically something that will live on beyond your career. Game doesn't have that. A lot of rappers don't. Game is just one of them.

Well, if that's the case, then we shouldn't be having this conversation because he still has a career.  I would think that a person's discography should be revisited after atleast 10 years before the "classic" title is placed on it.

And even with the title, does that make you like the song/cd more because everybody else thinks it's a classic?

Sikotic™

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2011, 09:55:50 PM »
300 Bars was cool, but it was no classic.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

doggfather

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2011, 11:01:38 PM »
Hell Naw, The Game Is A Mixtape Artist!!!

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2011, 11:49:25 PM »
I mean, generally classic? I'm not disputing people have the right to call things classic. I think Joe Budden has classics. Xzibit's "Weapons of Mass Destruction" was a personal classic. If people don't agree, I can understand why.

However, something that is generally classic is something a large amount of people understand is truly classic. You're not gunna find too many people who will tell you Dre doesn't have two classic albums or Nas doesn't have any classic songs. Basically something that will live on beyond your career. Game doesn't have that. A lot of rappers don't. Game is just one of them.

Well, if that's the case, then we shouldn't be having this conversation because he still has a career.  I would think that a person's discography should be revisited after atleast 10 years before the "classic" title is placed on it.

And even with the title, does that make you like the song/cd more because everybody else thinks it's a classic?

True, but if those songs aren't even highly regarded 5 years later I doubt they'll suddenly become classic in 10. Music gets less relevant over time, not more. Game's 2 biggest songs were popular radio singles, but there's a difference between the many radio hits that come out and the songs that people actually remember. Game's music falls into the category of having to play it for your friend and him going "oh yeah I remember that. that was dope", as opposed to a classic song that gets brought up in music discussions for its memorability.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:51:25 PM by SPICE NONE »

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2011, 12:47:04 AM »
Hate it or Love it is probably the closest he's got

yeah, and i usually skip the song after 50´s verse tho i don´t like dude that much lol

game is corny as hell, but he has some good songs .

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »
Yeah, really. If you're going to say "How We Do" is classic, you have to say mainstream singles like "In Da Club" & "Lean Back" are classic lol.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2011, 01:51:41 PM »

Well, if that's the case, then we shouldn't be having this conversation because he still has a career.  I would think that a person's discography should be revisited after atleast 10 years before the "classic" title is placed on it.

i dont think age should do anythign about determining a classic, IMO none are in games catalog.

if you compare the other classic westcoast tracks, they were influencing the game, changing the game, it was new.

game was riding on a dieing post chronic 2001 g-unit sound with 50's basically last couple relevant apperances. dude did nothing to deserve a classic nor is any of his material.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2011, 01:54:22 PM »
Yeah, really. If you're going to say "How We Do" is classic, you have to say mainstream singles like "In Da Club" & "Lean Back" are classic lol.

Those songs could easily be considered classics

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2011, 01:59:06 PM »

Those songs could easily be considered classics

I'd say in da club is a classic. Still gets played in clubs to this day. Lean Back not so much.